2004 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 289 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Best car I ever had. Very reliable

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "great car. I never used it for racing."

Cons: "Two blind spots. I compensated for that."

"The only expense I incurred is for the routine maintenance. In eight years of ownership, I have never raised the hood. I don't know what the engine loo like. I had a lexus, now I have a lexus and I am buying a new lexus.."

Can't drive anything besides a luxury car now

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"I have over 205k miles on this car and it still drives great. Haven't had any major problems. Bought the car with less than 30k miles on it. I love the spacious interior and has a ton of truck space, more space than a lot of SUVs. I'm hoping to get another 100k miles out of it."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, December 2, 2010

"I have owned my 2002 Lexus ES300 for 5 years and have 220,000 miles on it. It gets 26 mpg (mostly highway miles) and is running in almost the same condition as when I purchased it pre-owned. Routine maintenance is most of the vehicle expense-tires, brakes, belts, etc. My only complaint is that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced at just over 100,000 and some minor oil leaks only just recently. I would purchase another Lexus in a heartbeat!"

Solid Luxury Buy

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"Bought the 2004 ES 330 for the features and reliability. Features are great with no issues with reliability. Seats are extremely comfortable. Quality materials from leather to hardware. Wish there were steering wheel audio controls. Acceleration is somewhat disappointing but once up to highway speed the engine and cabin are extremely quiet providing all passengers a rich quality ride. Like many reviews, I have had the same transmission issues. The dealership reset the transmission computer/settings at no charge but the hesitation when downshifting and then accelerating still occurs at times. It leads you to think there is a transmission issue but does not shift hard or worsen. Be prepared for the cost of ownership when servicing, but overall this is solid buy that I would recommend."

Excellent car for a luxury family sedan

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Great car for a family. Some of the cons include no rear folding seat, bad city mileage, and no audio controls on the steering wheel. Otherwise an excellent car, very comfortable and smooth."