2003 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 282 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Love this car!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Very smooth drive, I Love everything about this car! Although ONE complaint and only one..... my headlights have a yellow tint inside the plastic saw another car (same year and type) had the same thing. But the car overall is great!!!"

Had it since 2008! My first car!

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Good price, interior features, quiet engine"

Cons: "electric. repairs run high,"

"I bought this car in August of 2008 when I came back from my first deployment. I was going to buy a 2006 Lexus, but the salesman helped me compare the 2002 Lexus and 2006 Lexus ES sedan models which both had the SAME features except one was newer. I am SO glad I bought this car. It has been very good to me. I have taken this car cross country around 8 times and never had a problem. I also drive a lot on the weekends and it has held up well.The only thing that has happened was that the electrical gas pedal went out and I had no warranty on my car which cost me about $500. Recently it needed a throttle clean because the car would start, but then turn back off if I didn't keep pushing down on the gas pedal. I like the features it holds because for it has leather seats that warm up, the moon roof, and nice cherry wood interior. I hope this car lasts me for another couple of years!"

can't be beat for the money

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Everything !"

Cons: "Nothing"

"31mpg on highway 23mpg in town no problems great ride quiet nothing bad to say other than if chevy and dodge made cars this great they wouldnt of been in need of a government bail out. this ES330 lexus will probably run for years trouble free."

10 years later and still love it!

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "So smooth and easy to handle."

Cons: "Cup holders glove compartment too small"

"Comfortable, quiet, reliable, smooth and looks great after 10 years and over 100,000 miles. I plan to drive it for another 100,000. Service is pricy but that is probably true for all dealerships but I love the worry free reliability."

best car I have ever had!

By on Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pros: "Its fast for a big car and reliable!"

Cons: "Salt on Minnesota roads caused rims to corrode."

"No breakdowns ever until 175k miles. At 175k the alternator and starter needed to be replaced, other than that only factory scheduled maintenance. Still going strong at nearly 200k."

Excellent auto. Good power. comfortable ride.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Great ride. a little soft as it got older. Easy on tires. engine did not burn any oil. Reliable."

Still Going Strong at 219000K!!!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Realiability, Power Uphill, Smooth ride"

Cons: "Cup holders in front are lame"

"GREAT for a commuter car, like sitting on the couch 2-3 hours a day. Am second owner, bought mine w/70k. Have a heavy foot so mine chews front brakes, still chugging along, only did brakes, oil, tires, and battery. Can pass everyone going up hill doing 85 w/o breaking a sweat. Heard complaints about hesitation in the tranny (mine does this too sometimes) not a reliability issue. Don't buy the story about changing the timing belt at 60k either *fingers crossed*. Good for cops too...if they see past the tint I added they expect an older man or woman (sorry ladies and gentlemen) driving this car...not me!"

This is the best car I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, mechanically sound, loaded with options, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Somewhat expensive to maintain; needs 50 more horsepower; it's a little bit small for a guy my size"

"I have really enjoyed owning this vehicle for the past 5 years. The navigation system is a big help. The heated and cooled seats make travelling much more comfortable. The sound system is fantastic. The personal settings memory system works great (seats and outside mirrors), especially when alternating drivers from time to time. I had a 2001 ES-300, which I gave to my son, and he now has 225,000 miles on it. I am completely sold on Lexus."

ES330 - Total Value and Luxury

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I've always wanted to own a Lexus, and recently got my chance with a Certified 2005 ES330. Want a wonderful car. Three years old and looks and smells brand new, without the brand new price. Great comfort, nice quite smooth ride, and a ton of amenities such as in-dash Navigation and an outstanding sound system. Acceleration is not outstanding but not bad - the 3.3 liter engine provides very good passing power but you have to put your foot into it. The only thing I don't like is the CD changer is in the center console instead of in the dash (the ES350 series took care of that problem). I had driven the Camry for years with zero problems, but the Lexus is a step or two up. Check out a 2005 or 2006 - Lexus dealers are willing to negotiate price, and most come with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty included in the price. And, for my fellow Camry drivers, you might be surprised to know that a pre-owned ES330 is not that much more than a comparably equiped Camry of the same year and mileage. Bottom line, if you liked the Camry, you will love the ES330 - a super car overall!!"

This is the 2nd Lexus I have owned

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Holds its value, at 230,000 miles was still great."

Cons: "Just the cupholder as I mentioned below."

"I have taken my car in every 3000-4000 miles for an oil change and a checkup. My first Lexus I drove for 180,000 miles and then bought my current one. I wanted to drive my current Lexus for a couple of additional years but unfortunately I had an accident and the vehicle will be totalled. The only complaint I have ever had with my car is that the cup holder is shallow and not very stable with taller drinks. My large Starbucks cup (filled with iced tea) was always falling into the passengers side floor. What type of car will I be purchasing this week...you guessed it..a Lexus."

Best car I ever had. Very reliable

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "great car. I never used it for racing."

Cons: "Two blind spots. I compensated for that."

"The only expense I incurred is for the routine maintenance. In eight years of ownership, I have never raised the hood. I don't know what the engine loo like. I had a lexus, now I have a lexus and I am buying a new lexus.."

Can't drive anything besides a luxury car now

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"I have over 205k miles on this car and it still drives great. Haven't had any major problems. Bought the car with less than 30k miles on it. I love the spacious interior and has a ton of truck space, more space than a lot of SUVs. I'm hoping to get another 100k miles out of it."

Solid Luxury Buy

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"Bought the 2004 ES 330 for the features and reliability. Features are great with no issues with reliability. Seats are extremely comfortable. Quality materials from leather to hardware. Wish there were steering wheel audio controls. Acceleration is somewhat disappointing but once up to highway speed the engine and cabin are extremely quiet providing all passengers a rich quality ride. Like many reviews, I have had the same transmission issues. The dealership reset the transmission computer/settings at no charge but the hesitation when downshifting and then accelerating still occurs at times. It leads you to think there is a transmission issue but does not shift hard or worsen. Be prepared for the cost of ownership when servicing, but overall this is solid buy that I would recommend."

Excellent car for a luxury family sedan

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Great car for a family. Some of the cons include no rear folding seat, bad city mileage, and no audio controls on the steering wheel. Otherwise an excellent car, very comfortable and smooth."

Bought new! Have enjoyed it tremendously.

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "nice ride. reliable."

Cons: "cup holders shallow"

"Have services done routinely. No mechanical issues. few small scratches nd dings. Paint good. still rides well."

Just outstanding, even after 10 years.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Lasts and lasts and lasts without issues."

Cons: "Kinda pricey when new."

"Very well made, plenty of power and comfort. Heated seats are da bomb. Mechanically ultra reliable, no issues at all. Decent fuel economy, 22 in town, 29 on hwy. May keep this another ten years."

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "great car"

"I have kept up with all the repairs on the car, never gives me a problem. very reliable ."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cons: "no open storage for phone"

"handles like a dream. reasonable mileaqe. confortable, quiet and well-appointed. I usually trade in every 3 years. I'm now almost 7years in and still dont want to change...even for a new Lex"

Awesome Lexus ES300

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"I bought my car used with mileage in mid 30's. I feel in love with the car (ES300) the moment i saw it. It's fully loaded with all available features. We took it on a vacation trip and i got 30mpg fully loaded and with on/off air-conditioning cycle. The only aspect when i felt the car lacked was on the power. Given the size, bulk of this car the engine is slightly underpowered. I guess Lexus realized this and came out with a powerful engine in the ES 330 version. Over the time i have owned this car, i have been a very satisfied owner. Maintenance is very limited and the car drives very smoothly. I use the comfort suspension setting from the available options (Normal, Sport, Comfort). I would HIGHLY Recommend LEXUS Cars to anyone wanting a safe, reliable, hassle free, low maintenance and luxury in their car."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, December 2, 2010

"I have owned my 2002 Lexus ES300 for 5 years and have 220,000 miles on it. It gets 26 mpg (mostly highway miles) and is running in almost the same condition as when I purchased it pre-owned. Routine maintenance is most of the vehicle expense-tires, brakes, belts, etc. My only complaint is that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced at just over 100,000 and some minor oil leaks only just recently. I would purchase another Lexus in a heartbeat!"

I will never go back!

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"LOVE, LOVE this car. After I slid sideways into a pole during an ice storm, I traded in my 2001 Infiniti QX4 for a certified used 2005 Lexus ES 330. I am so impressed by this car: very quiet, most comfortable seats ever (10-way power, with heated & ventilated leather), & luxury interior at its' finest. Every person who gets into my car marvels at the smooth ride & elegant appearance. My mother-in-law, a Honda-product devotee, relented during a recent car ride and admitted that "no other vehicle compares to the feel of a Lexus". Also, I love the service at Lexus dealerships; we get a super-nice waiting room, brand-new Lexus loaner cars, and complimentary detail when your car is serviced.The staff there is so friendly and accomodating. Long story short, I decided that I will only drive Lexus vehicles the rest of my life, and I'm only 25 ; )"

Former Certified Pre-Owned 2005 Lexus ES330

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Solidly built, Fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "some scratches, fog light out"

2005 Lexus ES330, Only 85,000 miles, solid, fun to drive car.

"Solidly built, well taken care of 2005 Lexus ES330. Purchased as a certified pre-owned from Lexus dealership in 2006. Only has 85000 miles and runs very well. Had regular maintenance and routine servicing performed. Maintained all service records. Some scratches on bumpers and doors, but otherwise vehicle looks great. Great vehicle that will last at least another 100,000 miles. Why pay a dealership premium when you can buy excellent value privately."

2005 Lexus ES330, Only 85,000 miles, solid, fun to drive car.

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful, comfortable ride"

"I bought this car from a friend in 2004, it had 25,000 miles. I have spent very little in repairs and use regular gasoline, unless going on a trip - i.e. freeway driving. It has a "gold package" and is beautiful. I love the car and would buy it again!"

great driving, love sunroof, heated seats

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "heated seats, cold air, great comfort, smooth ride"

"Heated seats!Smooth riding,very comfortable,perfect size for parking,highway driving,local driving,sunroof. I love this car! Leather interior, cold air,dual control.6cd disk,cassette and radio. Spacious,large trunk,good storage pockets inside each door, glove box and between bucket seats. A/C control for backseat passengers. Theft security system.Remote entry/lock/trunk/unlock."

Low total cost of ownership

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Value, comfort, dependability"

Cons: "Lacks electronics features related to smartphones"

"I bought this new nine years ago and plan to drive it to its grave (years from now). I don't like to spend a lot of money on cars, so I buy one I know I'd enjoy for 10 to 15 years. No surprise maintenance costs yet. My previous Lexus, an SC300, kept it until 180,000 and only had one major repair -the a/c. Even with that, it was so much less costly than buying a lesser car and getting out of it in a few years. I marvel that this car continues to provide a very smooth, quiet, and comfortable ride at 9 years old."