2000 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 302 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

love it!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"It lasts forever. Ive had this car for years, and I rarely have to fix anything on it. I love how smoothly it still drives. I want another lexus!"

Very dependable

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cons: "cup holders"

"Cup holders aren't too good, need better design. Nowhere to put anything, except floor. FYI- Anyone with sun roof... there should be drain holes on both sides, they are small but get clogged with leaves etc... Use very stiff wire to "ream" it out carefully. Mine goes all the way past the top of the doors. When you get it cleaned you will see water"

Dependable and comfortable and gets good mileage

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "less than 20 mpg in the city"

"This car has always been reliable and comfortable. It's a great highway cruiser and gets mid 20's on the highway."

Great, reliable car - never had an issue

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, reliable."

Cons: "not sure..."

"We bought this car as pre-owned with 42k miles on it and had it for the last ten years. It is an outstandingly reliable car which actually gets decent gas mileage (we are getting about 28mpg ). Anyway, we are moving toward a newer model, but with a heavy heart!"

Excellent car

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Bought my 98 Lexus in 2005 with 122,000 miles. Have put almost 200k on it myself. (318,000) We put very rough miles on a car and this vehicle takes every bit of it. We have put some money into it for repairs, but I think you will with any car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, and have actually been looking for one. Great car!"

Nice Starter Luxury Car

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"Love the climate control. Reliable going through the "grapevine" from southern California to Central California. Has never overheated and I run the AC-runs cold. Very reliable and sharp looking with tinted windows, which I have. Excellent sound system and amazing trunk space! Various power seat adjustments for driver and passnger; raised for shorter people & lowered for taller, forward and backward for leg length and of course the back of the seat forward and backward as well as the lumbar support. Little slow on the acceleration, especially going uphill if you don't have enough momentum going or are not at 3rpms. Also slows down quickly when you let off the gas so you can't conserve fuel by "coasting" at a speed for longer than a few seconds. Otherwise, I feel I got a great deal! Bought mine at 78k miles and have put 30k miles in almost 3 years. Mostly highway. Definitely going to buy a lexus when I let go of this, which will be hard to do."

LEXUS OWNER FOREVER!

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"My dad gave me his 1998 ES300 a few years ago and I have not had a single problem since. It now has 290,500 miles and it runs like a brand new one. I put chrome 17s on it and tinted the windows and it looks awsome. I get many complements on it and when I tell them the year and miles they don't believe me. I love everything about it, great mpg, very comfortable, and good power. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off and at the rate that its going it will probably be while. I will never buy anything but a Lexus for as long as I live!"

Saved my life

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

"I have owned my Lexus for 8 years now, it has 178,000 miles on it. I was rear ended 4 years ago, I was at a complete stop and was hit by someone doing 50mph. My car rolled and I survived. I again was hit last week, I was at a stop light and was rear ended by someone driving 40mph. These cars have steel bumpers, the volvo wagon that hit me was totaled, and I just need to replace my bumper. Thank you Lexus!"

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Smooth, and at 145,000 still runs new!"

Good Value

By on Friday, March 28, 2008

"Our 97 Lexus did well for us. We bought it used. However, the electrical system seemed to be unreliable. Sometimes the fan would work for the heater/AC; the window mechanism broke and the CD player/radio needed to be replaced because it was shot. Also, the seat heater on both front seats went out! But other than the electrical, the car was great!. We ended up getting a different CD/radio system. We tore the doors apart and fixed the driver's side outside handle and window mechanism, OURSELVES, instead of paying the dealer $500!"