1999 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

MONEY PIT

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"I've had my 2000 Range Rover 4.6 HSE for 5 months and have put $4,000 into it. So far I have rebuilt the transmission and the torque convertor ($3,200) It's now in the shop as we speak for ball joints ($750)the clock even works when it feels like it, it's always something. Luckily I know a great rover specialist in town. I love this car seriously, but thats a lot to spend on a car that has 130k miles on it. Runs great though. Be prepared to spend at least 3K per year in maint. It has previously had the EAS system removed and converted to coil overs and rides great. I'm pondering about getting a differend car asap but I'm upside down 4K for what it values at in excellent condition. It looks brand new inside and out. Now I know why, they are always sitting in the shop. Ugg, why do I love it so much, I't like a boyfriend that keeps letting you down, but I still love it. Brian"

Love/Hate

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Bought this vehicle 4 years ago with 72,000 on the clock. Air suspension went bit by bit ($3,200) changed to coils ($1,200) when computer gave up! Cylinder gaskets went ($4,350) Radiator leaked ($850) Brakes done ($520) Fuel pump drive broke ($850) On 3rd set of front light wipers. They just fly off!!! Now 113,250 on clock, 15MPG town, 18MPG long haul. BUT It's the Daddy of all SUVs, body & paint A1 and the ride of a life time. You just feel great sitting in this classic!!! I'll check back with you again in 87,000 miles."

Awesome Care I love it

By on Friday, November 21, 2008

"It just cost to much to maintain otherwise I love this car Just when ever anything breaks it will cost atleast 2,000.00 to fix :)"

A class in itself

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"For $5K you can't get anything better in an SUV. The queen of England was driven in such a car. If you have kids, it is a great insurance for safety and protection. The problem is that onne should expect to spend about $2K per year on maintenance and the low 14mpg consuption."

Long Time Owner

By on Monday, October 8, 2007

"I have owned a 1996 RR 4.6 HSE since 1999 and have greatly enjoyed it. I would recommend that anyone purchasing a used one should get auto insurance. I did and it saved a bundle over the years. Parts are expensive and dealer labor is prohibitive. I do all mainitenance myself (Brakes, Oil, rotate tires, etc.), but there are thise few times when you have to swallow your pride and take it to the dealer unfortunately!"