2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Great Quality Vehicle

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I bought my 2006 Range Rover Sport S/C back in June of 2005. I had two 1997 Range Rovers before this one so I'm no stranger to Range Rovers. My 2006 Range Rover now has almost 50000 miles on it and I think I love this vehicles more every mile I add to it. I'd say besides the price the only down fall is I have to be really careful with the low profile tires, but other than that I love it and wouldn't wanna trade it for any other vehicle."

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

GREAT SUV

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Great looks,Great performance,and wonderful suv to drive!"

sporty but reliabiltiy detracts

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"Owned this vehicle since March 2006 and now have 55000 miles. Handling and braking are outstanding. Styling continues to impress. Would rather have higher profile tires to withstand damage better. You have to be very careful off-road and even near curbs. Big disappointment is reliability. Many annoying issues early on with such things as active headlights, false low coolant warnings, etc. But biggest issue happened with just 250 miles left on warranty - front differential went out while driving on interstate. Nasty grinding noise required me to pull over and get towed. Probably would have cost me a couple thousand to repair if out of warranty."

Unreliable Suspension

By on Thursday, March 6, 2008

"I bought my range rover sport in October 2006. It only has 17,000 miles and I already had to take it in to the dealership 3 times and towed twice because the front suspension of the car has gone out for various electronic reasons. The automatic lights and automatic windshield wipers have stopped working and had to be fixed by the dealership. They had to replace the entire front windshield to get the automated wipers to work again. When the vehicle is operational it is absolutely great in the city and off-road. I've taken it on 2 Land Rover sponsored off-road events and a few moderate excursions of my own. It does well in sand and handles great in snow as well. Although it is a great vehicle, I plan to trade it in or sell it before the warranty expires. Repairs are very expensive if not covered under the warranty and I definitely don't trust the suspension system to hold up for very long before it breaks again."

I was told It had Quality Issues - They were right

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Amazing design, great drive, best looks..."

Cons: "Poor quality of the car and of service, it breaks!"

"I purchased this Range Sport HSE, although I was told that Land Rovers had Quality Issues. The car is so beautifull and drives so well that I could not resist it! What a Mistake! I keep having quality issues on: the bearings, the dashboard clock, the parking brake, now it's the steering.... What next??? It is a shame, since the car is great, but I am terribly sorry for my purchase decision."

Better than the full-sized Range Rover

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "comfort on long trips; great visibility"

Cons: "no locking glove boxes."

"This SUV has better looks outside and a better ergonomic interior inside than the full-sized Range Rover. After nearly 5 years and 75,000 miles, I'd do it all again. Only problem was around 20k miles where there was a grinding noise and they replaced the rear differential. Other than that, regular service and a lot of hard riding both on and off road and this car just does it! Hope to keep it at least to 100k miles (have the extended warranty and worry about all the electronics past that point) and will replace with another or a different LR model."

Dream vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, tons of useful features"

Cons: "Repairs can be costly, plan ahead"

"We considered a wide range of luxury vehicles when we purchased the Sport. Nothing else came close in ride and comfort. It's the ideal car for long road trips, and the gas mileage isn't as bad as we expected. We have regularly achieved 21 MPG in freeway driving through the mountains of Idaho, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming averaging 75 to 80 MPH. For a big SUV the luggage area is a tad cramped, surprisingly . It's not so bad for us since there is just two of us and we can use the back seat. It is a pleasure to ride and drive. The seating positions are comfortable and help reduce road fatigue. We have spent 14 hour days in the car between the two of us and have been floored by how far we can get at highway speeds. We did have to replace the air suspension in 2012. But we expected that and we purchased an extended warranty with no deductible which has really paid off with that and a new radio unit. We really can't imagine traveling in any other car now due to the comfort and refinement we love in the Sport, which looks better than any other of Land Rover's products. We love this SUV!"

My favorite vehicle!

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Luxurious ride, performance handling, power!"

Cons: "Price tag, but just keep it a year or so longer."

2006 Vesuvius Range Rover Sport S/C

"I bought my 2006 Vesuvius (orange) Range Rover Sport S/C back in 2005 with 30 miles on it. Now I have around 104000 miles on it and it drives like new still. I love this vehicle! I am currently looking for one with lower miles for my wife because she keeps wanting to take mine! If you are going to buy new then don't be affraid to hang on to it until at least 100k miles. I love this vehicle so much the only thing that would make me get rid of it is the new 2012 Range Rover Sport S/C! I wouldn't bother with other vehicles..."

2006 Vesuvius Range Rover Sport S/C

Love this SUV

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Looks, performance, quality of vehicle"

Cons: "Would love a 3rd row of seats"

"I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it. I've now owned it for over 2 years and can honestly say it is by far the highest quality vehicle I've ever owned. I have teenagers and even they love to be seen in this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Sport near Honolulu. See local deals