2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

7.8

Based on 29 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

6.8/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

Great styling, but features don't all work

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Engine"

Cons: "Transmission, Navigation, Dash UI"

"I bought this Evoque Pure Premium to replace a BMW x3. Surprisingly for me, I like the small 4-cylinder turbocharged engine. It has enough power, and the ECO mode is non-instrusive. And with the right dash display, I can play at hyper-miling. I get pretty good fuel economy for my primarily short urban trips - usually above 20 and sometimes nearing 30 MPG. The styling is all very nice, but not unique in this neighborhood. The styling has a drawback and that is lack of storage. Unbelievably, I cannot even fit a golf bag in the trunk, without removing the driver. I should have compared this to Golfs or Imprezas for all the space it has. My 5'9" father-in-law bumps his head every time he gets in the front passenger seat. The 9-speed transmission has some real issues where it will not get in the right gear, and when it does the results are jarring. Sometimes starts in 3rd or 4th gear even when flooring the accelerator - probably 2 seconds to get to 5 MPH. Parking on a slope, place the car in reverse, put foot on accelerator and car rolls 2 feet forward before reverse engages. Starting out , the transmission might not be in gear, engine revs to 3000 RPM and then the car jerks - first gear this time... The center screen unit (navigation and such) is horrendous - it is very slow and the interface looks like it was designed backwards. I went to take my daughter to a soccer game at a school 10 miles away and my wife still could not get the destination entered in the navigation system before I got there through guessing the route - we knew the street and the name of the school, but the Evoque would not accept them - finally it found it if we entered the telephone number!?!. Want to use the cameras to see around while parking (visibility is poor in this car)? Ok, choose Home (physical button), then Extra Features, then Cameras, then Camera Icon, then Special Views, then finally Kerb View. Six steps to get to what should be a convenience feature needed in a hurry - 20 seconds minimum. The navigation map is poor. The auto-zoom feature does not work and you have to manually change the zoom - four clicks on the screen to do that. And then even at the highest zooms you cannot see the names of the roads around you. And when you have any other zoom level, you cannot see the roads at all. Most of the time, unless you are on the interstate or the largest state highways, you will be shown in a green field with plenty of topographical features but no roads. In Washington DC, I can be driving down a major commuter road and only that road shows up - not a single cross street on the entire map. Ever wanted to take a traffic diversion and rush hour, but not sure if the side street connect or are one-way? Better bring a smart phone in the Evoque, because that is the only way to find out. Smart phone integration is decent - bluetooth for phone and audio. When Bluetooth audio is selected, it restarts the audio when it reconnects and displays the song names usually. But again slowness issues - it sometimes takes a minute to connect to bluetooth audio and even longer for the bluetooth phone (5 minutes in some cases), so it you need to make a call on the trip to the grocery store, you must manually connect it."

A little disappointed in this vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pros: "Upgraded Stereo is awesome."

Cons: "Uncomfortable, noisy."

"First off we have the upgraded stereo and honestly this would be the only reason I would keep this vehicle. Love the stereo. Have owned the vehicle two years. Do a lot of driving. Seats are very uncomfortable for long drives and it is a noisy ride. When backup camera is in use, you can not adjust the stereo to turn down music. When my battery died (and I am not sure why with all the other warning lights there is not one for the battery) I was stranded and the car had to be towed and FYI if towing it has to be towed with a Wheel and Dolly truck. I had to wait for three different tow trucks until the correct one showed up. Also it is possible to leave you house with car running and not have key in the car and be stranded when you do turn off the car. Be careful you don't go back in your home with your purse and leave the car running and forget your purse in the home. Thankfully along the way I realized my purse was not with me and so I was able to keep the car running the entire time until I got home. Otherwise I would have been stranded miles from home. While there is a warning light that comes on, unless you are familiar with what the light is you could be left stranded. Also when your tire pressure light comes on and will not go out, you just need to put more air in the tires than recommended and then the light will go out. So overall I am not impressed with this vehicle for the price paid and would not purchase again. It has also not held it's value as much as I thought. Nice looking, fun to drive and awesome stereo. But just not what we expected. Will be looking for a more comfortable and quiet ride for our next vehicle."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Quality of materials and overall design"

Cons: "Sputtering, Constant issues"

"I would never have bought this car knowing what I now know. Its been to the dealership 4 times, 2 of which were recalls. There is a constant sputtering when I push on the gas and climb a hill. Quality of materials are outstanding and the ride is very nice though it could be a bit quieter. Navigation stinks as does the phone interface. Visibility is bad but I knew that when I bought it because I love the look of the car, though I doubt I look good sputtering uphill."

Best and only SUV Coupe in its class and market

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"Ride it to believe it, luxury aside, best fuel economy you can get in an SUV with V4 engine and more than 250 hp gives this beast a hand above every other Luxury compact SUV out there. The looks are amazing, specially the pan atomic glass roof matches nothing in the market. The multiple driving options helps you drive it in all weather road off road conditions. It's a must have vehicle for street urban as well as off road adventures."

Really happy with this car

By on Friday, May 22, 2015

Pros: "Sexy, sleek, comfort, rich, great value"

Cons: "Nothing that I can't live with"

"I got myself the COUPE, Evoque Pure Plus. I was looking for a compact vehicle that had the feel and look of a sports car while at the same time sat me up higher than the average sedan. I looked at all the SUVs out there and the Evoque coupe turned up as the only SUV/crossover with a sport feel and look to it. In fact I am not sure if there are that many , if any, 2-door cross overs in this price range.At the same time I really find the exterior pretty sexy. I know some feel the roof line may be weird, I actually find it very individual and original. The long and narrow windows all around give it the sporty and capsule like feel and look to it. The front is the mini version of the majestic look of the larger models. Getting indie is like getting inside a sports car with the low roof line. It is not for the elderly who cannot bend at the waist to get in the car. The interior is very intelligent. Everything is in the right place and the driver has a very comfortable reach to everything in front of him. The leather seats have great feel to the touch, snug around the body and comfortable. However, if big frame, I would imagine the bucket seats may not be appropriate. The overall look and feel of the interior looks, feels and even smells .....quality, rich and luxurious. Contrary to some reviews, the head room in the rear is not bad at all. I am 5'11" and sitting in the back, was not an issue. I think this may be a psychological drawback for some who are just too accustomed to have 8"-12" of head room versus this low profile being a problem. The other complaint I have read in other reviews is the limited vision thru the rear window. Again, I believe this is more of a physiological obstacle. Yes, there may be less of the sky that one may be limited to in the center mirror or indeed maybe less of the road as well. However between the road and the sky and a clear view from the left lane to the right is where it matters and the coupe gives the driver just that in addition to having 2 large outside mirrors. The navigation etc. is rather slow and does get frustrating but we are talking about split second slow. While the glass roof is truly panoramic and beautiful, I think it is time LL/RR considered to split the big glass into two halves and have the front portion operable. Finally I think the sexy sleek rear windows would be nicer if they were operable. I can imagine that sitting in the rear of any car and not be able to open your own window may be annoying. Having said that, besides 10 minute drives to drop of my sons' friends to their home, I cannot remember the last time I had more than one passenger in my car. That is why I got the coupe. The steering wheel is smooth as butter and the turning radius is awesome. One can do a u turn on a dime! While the ride is great and very comfortable, the turbo does jolt the car when pushed a little harder than normal driving. Definitely something that LL/RR should look at. As for price, I compared it to the BMW, Audi, Porsche and quite a few other brands and quite frankly with all the bells and whistles than the Evoque comes with, it is by far the cheaper of all the brands. Plus the fact that as good as all the competitors crossovers are, none of them have the sexy, sporty and dynamic exterior or even the interior look and feel the sportiness of the Evoque COUPE. The fact that there is no other crossover that is a 2-door, confirms that. The long doors and slanted aero-dynamic roof line and the shortened and yet stretched windows remind me of the tiny windows of yester years British roadsters. The coupe is not for frequent FAMILY use. It is a perfect car for a single or couple who do not regularly have use for the rear seats. Not having any need for the rear seats also eliminates the concern for the storage since the rear seats can be folded. Anyway, as is, I don't feel the storage is tight considering that this is a compact cross over. I just hope my car does not breakdown every other week like some of the reviews I have read. Right now, I am loving it and get a lot of positive remarks."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Evoque near Honolulu. See local deals