2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

7.7

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

6.9/10
    7.5/10

Incredible machinery

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "Interior,lavish, smooth ride, great for off-road"

Cons: "NOT spacious."

"Before purchasing this vehicle I test-drove it's competitors, and spoke to friends who owned them. As far as saving money, if you can't afford this car, then definitely don't get this car... Maintenance is expensive, and the competing cars will give you the same functionality for less. HOWEVER, if you're like me: Then you scoffed while driving the other cars. There is no comparison...! The Evoque feels like a smooth airplane. Going over bumps, or sewer holes (avoid these!) feels like...nothing. The interior is superior in every aspect to it's competitors. Honestly, that alone; in my humble opinion is worth the extra money, but to each their own. The driver and passenger seats are extremely comfortable. You are able to inflate, or deflate the sides of the seat. This is super comfortable if you are bigger or a smaller person. You're able to choose where you want support on your back. This is huge for me, because I have a bigger chest than most, helps my back out a lot. I can't say enough about the seats. The sound on this puppy, let's not even compare. The exterior obviously looks precious, the interior is even nicer. I rated 9/10 for Comfort and Convenience only because IT IS a little cramped. However, if you need space don't buy this car in the first place (no, seriously.)"

do your homework before buying this one!

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful car"

Cons: "Nightmare to repair"

"I purchased this car because my daughter fell in love with it. It had good safety ratings and she drives on the highway to get to school. Overall it is a beautiful car, but I'm extremely disappointed with what happened when she rear ended another car. It was minor accident (no airbags deployed) both cars drove away with minor damage. Until a few days later when the Evoque fell apart. The internal damage was extensive from a minor hit. Everything moved over 2 inches because I was told the hit missed the safety features built in for the engine protection and it was like a straight hit to the engine. Who crash tested this? Getting parts to come in has been a nightmare. Now after 2 months, it still is not running properly, air conditioning won't hold a charge and because the air conditioning system is new and unique, expertise does not exist. Terrified to put my 16 year old back in this car should I ever get it back."

Nimble, good AWD,look elsewhere if you have babies

By on Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pros: "Nimble, nice styling, good AWD"

Cons: "Small, infotainement system should be better, MPG"

"This my wife's car. The initial impressions were that this car is nimble. It feels light and easy to drive. The power is fairly good considering a 4 cyl is pulling a 4300 lbs SUV. The AWD works really well in the snow, the car feels steady and capable. Gas is mileage is averaging 20-21 mpg, lower than expected. Handling is very good. Ride quality is not great but not harsh either. The light colored interior looks really good, gets positive comments. The Leatherette seats could be more comfortable, I feel they are a bit hard on long trips. I am not a big fan of the infotainement system, touch screen should respond faster, this is 2015! navi is also not always accurate. Changing the radio requires going into the touch screen which is annoying to me. If you are backing up, and you rear camera is on, you cannot even lower the volume! The trunk space is very small for a family. Cabin noise is more than expected for a "luxury" vehicle especially in the back seats, mostly road noise. My 2011 BMW 3 series was definitely a lot quieter. We now have a baby and with a rear facing Recaro car seat the passenger seat is essentially unusable! I suspect with front facing car seats it would not be a big issue. Also you find out that the small trunk becomes an issue when you have a baby, strollers, etc.... Bottom line it is a nice car if you have no young babies or if you are single. For a family with kids the car is too small. If you are buying/keeping the car think of upgrading to the leather seats (I think pure premium trim) or at least test them out, it may be worth it. Reliability: although we did not experience any major malfunction a check engine light keeps coming on. It appears to be some sort of a sensor. We took it to the dealer more than 5 times, they turn it off and it keeps coming back on to the point we just ignore it now."

I HATE MY EVOQUE

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, gadgets, ride, and sound system"

Cons: "Horrible Transmission with abrupt downshifts"

"This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle"

AWESOME, LOVE IT

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

"LITTLE PRICEY,ALTHOUGH WORTH IT. A MUST DRIVE TO EXPERIENCE IT'S WOW FACTOR. ONLY DOWNFALL FOR THIS VEHICLE IS YOU CAN'T GET ANY PERFORMANCE MODIFICATION PARTS AS OF YET."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Evoque near Honolulu. See local deals