2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

7.8

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

6.9/10

Best SUV Ever

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pros: "Awesome exterior and interior, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Limited storage when back seats are not folded."

"The Evoque Dynamic has it all. Great body style, comfortable interior, all the bells and whistles. Driving this vehicle is such a pleasure with the engine/transmission combination that is standard with this vehicle. I enjoy this vehicle so much that I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in a compact SUV. It is at the high end of the price points for compacts...but you are buying a "range rover" and it is expected to be higher priced than others in its class. It is worth every penny, it is the best of the best."

Most expensive vehicle I have purchased

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "Very comfortable"

Cons: "armrest"

"So I bought the vehicle several weeks ago, its a 2015 and had 6000 miles on it, it is by far one of the most comfortable vehicles I have driven with only one issue, the center arm rest that slide forward has moved on me several times during a turn or hard stop and this to me is un-nerving when its unexpected."

Nimble, good AWD,look elsewhere if you have babies

By on Sunday, November 15, 2015

Pros: "Nimble, nice styling, good AWD"

Cons: "Small, infotainement system should be better, MPG"

"This my wife's car. The initial impressions were that this car is nimble. It feels light and easy to drive. The power is fairly good considering a 4 cyl is pulling a 4300 lbs SUV. The AWD works really well in the snow, the car feels steady and capable. Gas is mileage is averaging 20-21 mpg, lower than expected. Handling is very good. Ride quality is not great but not harsh either. The light colored interior looks really good, gets positive comments. The Leatherette seats could be more comfortable, I feel they are a bit hard on long trips. I am not a big fan of the infotainement system, touch screen should respond faster, this is 2015! navi is also not always accurate. Changing the radio requires going into the touch screen which is annoying to me. If you are backing up, and you rear camera is on, you cannot even lower the volume! The trunk space is very small for a family. Cabin noise is more than expected for a "luxury" vehicle especially in the back seats, mostly road noise. My 2011 BMW 3 series was definitely a lot quieter. We now have a baby and with a rear facing Recaro car seat the passenger seat is essentially unusable! I suspect with front facing car seats it would not be a big issue. Also you find out that the small trunk becomes an issue when you have a baby, strollers, etc.... Bottom line it is a nice car if you have no young babies or if you are single. For a family with kids the car is too small. If you are buying/keeping the car think of upgrading to the leather seats (I think pure premium trim) or at least test them out, it may be worth it. Reliability: although we did not experience any major malfunction a check engine light keeps coming on. It appears to be some sort of a sensor. We took it to the dealer more than 5 times, they turn it off and it keeps coming back on to the point we just ignore it now."

AWESOME, LOVE IT

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

"LITTLE PRICEY,ALTHOUGH WORTH IT. A MUST DRIVE TO EXPERIENCE IT'S WOW FACTOR. ONLY DOWNFALL FOR THIS VEHICLE IS YOU CAN'T GET ANY PERFORMANCE MODIFICATION PARTS AS OF YET."

I HATE MY EVOQUE

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, gadgets, ride, and sound system"

Cons: "Horrible Transmission with abrupt downshifts"

"This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Evoque near Honolulu. See local deals