2013 Land Rover LR4

8.4

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Most enjoyable vehicle I've ever driven

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Cabin, ride, and off road capability."

Cons: "Quirky blue tooth connection."

"The LR4 is the most incredibly comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. And I have driven many who's price tag far exceeded that of the LR4. It's driving dynamics are the perfect blend between comfort and handling. In fact, I've enjoyed it more than the range rovers. The proper range rover has a very plush ride, too soft, the sport is far too harsh, the LR4 is the perfect balance! All this before discussing its legendary mountain goat capabilities."

Amazing SUV overall and truly reliable

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, good looking, real 4x4"

Cons: "2010 model did not have bluetooth music streaming"

"I bought this car used because it was in like new condition and I was looking for a SUV with the following feature: - Need to seat 7 - Must have a tow rating of at least 7500lbs - Must be a "real" 4x4 (low range) - Must have a tight turn radius and be compact enough to fit in a parking space (I have to park in a parking garage where I work) - Must be fun to drive! I tried the q7, x5, MBs, grand cherokee, sequoia, but couldn't find anything that would meet all my demands...Until i tried a used LR4 and fell in love right away! But then I did some research and was concerned with the reliability of the vehicle. After 6 month of hard use (long road trip, off road in Colorado, towing of a 21ft/4000lbs camper for 3000 miles)I am happy to report that the only cheap part I had to replace on my LR4 was a spare wheel winch, broken by a not so bright mechanic... It's been a reliable, fast, comfortable, family car, and I average 17.5 MPG in mixed use. Towing will drop the MPG to a dismal 11 mpg, but it is expected when towing above 6000 feet. I am seriously considering buying a second one for my wife so that she stops stealing my ride! Final note: I have tested the 2014 version of the LR4 and found it underpowered, and the absence of a low range case make it a no go for me."

You know you want it

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Best in class"

Cons: "Start a gas savings account now"

"After more than a decade driving Toyota/Lexus SUVs, I knew I wanted the LR4 the second I drove it. The new 5.0L V8 is super impressive, with power left over. Suspension and steering are well tuned, with a tight turn radius and decent road feel even on the interstate. Little noticeable body roll, and none of the "swaying" at high speeds in windy conditions that sometimes make SUVs feel unsafe. Winding country roads get eaten up and spat out smoothly. Off road, of course, it is effortless. Towing is fine, would like LR to include a complete tow package (including trailer brake and full size spare) as standard; regardless it feels secure and with plenty of juice for trailering (boats, which is all I have used it for). Styling is great, different from other large SUVs, but not trying too hard. Interior is nice, very well equipped, spacious and well appointed, but understated. A comparison with the Range Rover equipment leaves me wondering why anyone would spend the extra (up to $10 - 30000)? Terrain Response system is well designed and effective. Biggest gripes are fuel efficiency, and cost of oil changes. Yea, oil change interval is 15000 miles, so I guess it is priced as 3 normal oil changes? New engine design means that at home oil changes are a thing of the past. A note on reliability - LR has a terrible rep for reliability. I think this has changed since the later years of the LR3, and now the LR4. With over 25000 miles in 22 months, the only issues I have encountered are minor electrical bugs. Fuel sensor died early, was replaced and works fine since (this seemed super common, I would bet it is no longer an issue); stereo possessed by screeching demons one afternoon, and has been fine since. Mechanically this truck is solid, electrically is has personality.... Overall, love this SUV. You will too."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2017

"I have had this SUV for 5 year and I have experienced no major issues. I paid just over 50K for it and today it is worth just over $30, great resale value. The issues would be brakes wear our frequently, due to the weight of the vehicle. The car gets poor gas milage which really effects the range, about 270 miles city and 350 miles highway."

Rock solid SUV but expensive to keep

By on Monday, January 9, 2017

Reason: Expensive maintenance, bad gas mileage

Pros: "Driving experience, powerful engine, visibility"

Cons: "High gas mileage, high maintenance costs"

"Good part: Great car to drive, powerfull V8 engine provides a solid, stable, reliable and comfortable driving experience. Car has outstanding visibility due to its big windows. Third row of seats provides decent comfort even for an adult and are easy to access and to operate. Excellent cargo/trunk capacity. Seats can be folded very easily and quickly. Negative points: Although luxurious the trim quality is still behind what you can find in a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus, for example, which are comparable brands. But the worst part is really the bad gas mileage (never got better than 13/14 mpg in the city) and very high maintenance costs. Heavy car weight takes an extra toll on tires and particularly on brakes which must be replaced at a higher frequency than in a comparable SUV. But we drove it quite a lot and it was pleasant but I don't think I would buy another one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals