2011 Land Rover LR4

8.4

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Rock solid SUV but expensive to keep

By on Monday, January 9, 2017

Reason: Expensive maintenance, bad gas mileage

Pros: "Driving experience, powerful engine, visibility"

Cons: "High gas mileage, high maintenance costs"

"Good part: Great car to drive, powerfull V8 engine provides a solid, stable, reliable and comfortable driving experience. Car has outstanding visibility due to its big windows. Third row of seats provides decent comfort even for an adult and are easy to access and to operate. Excellent cargo/trunk capacity. Seats can be folded very easily and quickly. Negative points: Although luxurious the trim quality is still behind what you can find in a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus, for example, which are comparable brands. But the worst part is really the bad gas mileage (never got better than 13/14 mpg in the city) and very high maintenance costs. Heavy car weight takes an extra toll on tires and particularly on brakes which must be replaced at a higher frequency than in a comparable SUV. But we drove it quite a lot and it was pleasant but I don't think I would buy another one."

I Like It So Far

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"We just picked up our LR4 last week and it has been a great experience. Looking for a mid to large sized luxury SUV and this fit the bill. Almost went with Lexus GX but we got a better deal on the LR4 plus more accessories. The tire pressure indicator did come on after the first day but due to over inflation at pick up. It costs a bundle but is exceeding my expectations. I'll report out again after six months of driving."

Love my LR4

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, can haul anything, great technology"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I have an HSE Lux version. Love this car. Expensive, although it has had no issues since purchasing new (currently approx 18k miles)."

Love it despite the issues

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, room, towing ability, quiet"

Cons: "Poor reliability, sparse and indifferent dealers"

"Bought my 2011 LR4 new, now has 51,500 miles....and in the shop, again, for numerous warning lights and messages though it is running fine. This will be our first out of warranty repair.....had warranty repairs for malfunctioning fuel gauge (took two trips to fix), radio (four trips to fix), rear view camera, defective door locks, alarm going off for no reason, and broken driver door latch cable. We tow with it, need the 4WD for snow, go skiing with it, need the third row with our kids, and have towed a travel trailer many times with it. It also looks great and the paint and interior still look good after a lot of tough use. So in many respects it is an ideal family car for us, but it is the most troublesome car I have EVER owned. It has never stranded us, but has had many serious problems. The service experience has been lacking as well, I blame some of the problems on poor diagnosis or repair efforts."

Pleasurable experience

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pros: "overall fit finish, ride quality"

Cons: "Hard to say"

"Overall, I have been impressed. This is my 3rd LR, but not back to back. I gave a Jeep Cherokee (new model) a try and while I was impressed with what jeep has done with the vehicle, it just doesn't compare to the LR4. Honestly, I could use a better tech. integration, similar to BMW, at this price point, but what LR has currently (in control apps) is pretty innovative as is. The fit/finish is fantastic, ride quality-amazing and overall you know your driving in a luxury well crafted vehicle when your driving it. The use of space is superb, especially when considering the new Discovery sport or the Range Rover Sport. This one just makes total sense with kids and being used as a all round purpose vehicle. Couldn't be happier so far and expect to be in the landcover family, with another purchase even before were done with this new member of the family. Oh.. YULONG white is a head turner. I had a guy wanting to buy mine off the lot as I was taking delivery, but respectfully declined. (it was the only one they had on the lot :) )"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals