2010 Land Rover LR4

8.4

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Great all-around vehicle

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Very practical, nice interior, fun to drive"

Cons: "None yet"

"Purchased a new LR4 a few months ago and already have over 4,000 miles from driving part way across the country. This vehicle fits my needs in every way. The size of it easily allows multiple bikes to be put in it. The third row seats comfortably fit adults while also folding flat with the second row to allow lots of hauling space. The ride is quite smooth with the air suspension. The interior is well appointed in the HSE model and the interface for the touch screen is easy to use (the backup camera is also a must if parallel parking in a city). My primary concern prior to purchasing the car was reliability but I have done highway, city and light off-road driving without any issues except for a squeak from the rear brake which went away after a few days. Overall, a great car especially versus the competition."

I Like It So Far

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"We just picked up our LR4 last week and it has been a great experience. Looking for a mid to large sized luxury SUV and this fit the bill. Almost went with Lexus GX but we got a better deal on the LR4 plus more accessories. The tire pressure indicator did come on after the first day but due to over inflation at pick up. It costs a bundle but is exceeding my expectations. I'll report out again after six months of driving."

Love my LR4

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, can haul anything, great technology"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I have an HSE Lux version. Love this car. Expensive, although it has had no issues since purchasing new (currently approx 18k miles)."

Love it despite the issues

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, room, towing ability, quiet"

Cons: "Poor reliability, sparse and indifferent dealers"

"Bought my 2011 LR4 new, now has 51,500 miles....and in the shop, again, for numerous warning lights and messages though it is running fine. This will be our first out of warranty repair.....had warranty repairs for malfunctioning fuel gauge (took two trips to fix), radio (four trips to fix), rear view camera, defective door locks, alarm going off for no reason, and broken driver door latch cable. We tow with it, need the 4WD for snow, go skiing with it, need the third row with our kids, and have towed a travel trailer many times with it. It also looks great and the paint and interior still look good after a lot of tough use. So in many respects it is an ideal family car for us, but it is the most troublesome car I have EVER owned. It has never stranded us, but has had many serious problems. The service experience has been lacking as well, I blame some of the problems on poor diagnosis or repair efforts."

Pleasurable experience

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pros: "overall fit finish, ride quality"

Cons: "Hard to say"

"Overall, I have been impressed. This is my 3rd LR, but not back to back. I gave a Jeep Cherokee (new model) a try and while I was impressed with what jeep has done with the vehicle, it just doesn't compare to the LR4. Honestly, I could use a better tech. integration, similar to BMW, at this price point, but what LR has currently (in control apps) is pretty innovative as is. The fit/finish is fantastic, ride quality-amazing and overall you know your driving in a luxury well crafted vehicle when your driving it. The use of space is superb, especially when considering the new Discovery sport or the Range Rover Sport. This one just makes total sense with kids and being used as a all round purpose vehicle. Couldn't be happier so far and expect to be in the landcover family, with another purchase even before were done with this new member of the family. Oh.. YULONG white is a head turner. I had a guy wanting to buy mine off the lot as I was taking delivery, but respectfully declined. (it was the only one they had on the lot :) )"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I've owned the 2011 for a couple of months now and compared it to the competition when looking to buy. For the same price, the amount of luxury and capability you get for the money makes the LR4 a hands down winner when compared to BMW, Audi, Lexus and Mercedes. The LR4 is extremely capable offroad and the interior is very comfortable with a high level of finishes. I'm very happy that I made the purchase. Excellent design and value for the money."

Very polished

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I have had this vehicle for almost a year now and it is still amazing to me. It's extreemly comfortable and quiet for a truck that can do amazing things off-road. It hauls the family around well and everyone has ample room."

Better than past discoverys

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I have had this car for almost a year and I am quite pleased with it. The only thing that could have been better is the navigation system. First you need a degree to operate it, secondly, a lot of time it cannot map local streets. Another feature that is for the birds is the voice command. It is extremely difficult to use because if you do not say something exactly the way it is set up, it will not help you. I do wish the warranty was a little longer than a year for a 50k+ car. It does not disappoint as a land rover."

Skip it!

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "looks cool, drives nice"

Cons: "lots of little problems"

"I'm not sure where to start with this car. I have never paid this much for a vehicle and had this many problems, all before 11,000 miles. Water in the headliner, driver's power window stopped working, rear wiper stopped working, retractable tailgate cable broke, voice command didn't work. Really? 60k for this? I would like to say Land Rover has a long way to go as far as quality, but their track record of quirks and problems has been around for years. It appears that they will never get it right. Never again..........."

Sadly a waste of money....

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "A stylish appearance"

Cons: "Not reliable and expensive maintenance"

"Before purchasing the LR4, I had always admired the stylish look of a Land Rover & Range Rover's. Now that I have owned the vehicle, the excitement has worn off after consistent issues with the following items: Camera system had to be replaced, sometimes the windows will not go up or down, The battery has left me stranded countless times... it was even dead at the dealership after I was picking the vehicle up after service (they said the battery was fine), the computer system has constant warnings displayed to include the "hood is open" which by the way it is never open... because of this I can no longer lock the vehice. The gas will display empty, even though it is full of gas. The auto wipers go off when it is not raining, and you can not turn them off before going into the car wash... I have replaced the wipers twice. The navigation system is very difficult to use and gets us lost all of the time. It also took us 30 minutes to figure out the DVD system that is not user friendly. Our computer system reflects the United Kingdon instead of the US... although we have changed it countless times. Once the car is turned off, it reverts back to a British format. We are currently getting another vehicle because we are getting ready for a trip and we know that the Land Rover is VERY UNRELIABLE...."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals