2010 Land Rover LR4

8.4

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

One of the best all around SUV's.

By on Friday, September 9, 2016

Pros: "Great ride, Awesome off-road capability."

Cons: "Not the best milage."

"The 2015 Land Rover LR4 is one of the best cars Iv'e ever driven. If you are looking for a Range Rover, save $30k and buy an LR4 or wait for the new 2017 Discovery to come out, it will be significantly better then any Range Rover. The Supercharged 3.0 V-6 supplies sufficient power but the transmission does upshift quite early. (sport mode helps this out by keeping gears for longer) Also, the LR4 has unmatched off-road capability. I would recommend you remove the running boards. The dealer won't do this however it only requires a few tools and can be done in under an hour."

Great car now a year old

By on Monday, November 21, 2016

Pros: "Solid as a tank, smooth as a chocolate shake"

Cons: "Running boards look wimpy."

"I wanted to replace our sequoia with a 4runner. I had a 4 runner for 17 years...wife said too bumpy. I reluctantly bought an LR4 and figured it would be unreliable etc. Lots of reviews suggest to me that you either get a lemon, rarely, or a great truck. We got a great truck. Its so smooth, like driving a milkshake, even up the side of our mountain on a rocky road. My only wish is you could get it without running boards as it hits my pants and I think makes it look a little sissyish. Wonderful truck, now 1 year old. No regrets and I REALLY wanted a 4 runner. Now I think it would be tough to go out of the LR and into a less posh inside. Perfect for family of 4 and 2 big dogs in back with dog barrier from LR."

Rock solid SUV but expensive to keep

By on Monday, January 9, 2017

Reason: Expensive maintenance, bad gas mileage

Pros: "Driving experience, powerful engine, visibility"

Cons: "High gas mileage, high maintenance costs"

"Good part: Great car to drive, powerfull V8 engine provides a solid, stable, reliable and comfortable driving experience. Car has outstanding visibility due to its big windows. Third row of seats provides decent comfort even for an adult and are easy to access and to operate. Excellent cargo/trunk capacity. Seats can be folded very easily and quickly. Negative points: Although luxurious the trim quality is still behind what you can find in a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus, for example, which are comparable brands. But the worst part is really the bad gas mileage (never got better than 13/14 mpg in the city) and very high maintenance costs. Heavy car weight takes an extra toll on tires and particularly on brakes which must be replaced at a higher frequency than in a comparable SUV. But we drove it quite a lot and it was pleasant but I don't think I would buy another one."

Great Value

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2017

"I have had this SUV for 5 year and I have experienced no major issues. I paid just over 50K for it and today it is worth just over $30, great resale value. The issues would be brakes wear our frequently, due to the weight of the vehicle. The car gets poor gas milage which really effects the range, about 270 miles city and 350 miles highway."

The best bang for the buck SUV on the road

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, a vehicle to fall in love with"

Cons: "Fuel economy is pretty awful"

"I have owned the 2010 LR4 since Jan 2010, and have just clocked 30000 miles. I think I finally have enough experience to offer some insight into the value this vehicle offers. Firstly, let me just say, I love it. Even after 2 years of ownership, I still get excited for a trip to the store or to take the dog to the beach, when I know I will be driving the LR. Addressing some of the the most commonly discussed points re. the LR4 Cost - this vehicle is not cheap, but is not much more than a 4Runner LTD, about the same as a Volvo XC90, is less than an X5 or ML/GL350. However, you get a whole lot more for your money. Value - as mentioned above, you get more for your money in the LR than its comparably sized competitors. A level of luxury that meets or beats Lexus/BMW/Mercedes, and off-road abilities that are better than any of these competitors except maybe the 4Runner. I would back the LR over the Toyota, if for nothing else, the powerplant. The 5.0L V-8 is a beast. Reliability - Land Rover has a bad reputation for reliability. This is probably deserved on some of the older models. I can only speak to my experience. I have had a couple of minor electrical issues (a bad fuel sensing unit, and a stereo power issue) that were both resolved pretty quickly under warranty. Otherwise, its rock steady. Maintenance - Oil changes cost more than a moon shot ($130ish!). BUT, you only have to do them every 15000 miles (yes, 15000 is not a typo). Tires and brakes will last between 30 and 40000 miles, if you don't drive super aggressively. Fuel Economy - worried about fuel prices? Don't bother looking at an LR until they bring a diesel to the US. This thing is thirsty. Corp Support - I haven't had any run ins with LR Nth America, though I have heard some horror stories. Not too impressed with their recent effort to charge $250 to update the maps in the Nav system. Overall Impression - this is an amazing vehicle, massively confidence inspiring. Whether bombing down the interstate at 85, or climbing an ice covered drive, or a slick snowy mountain road, the LR seems completely sure footed. It is ridiculously comfortable, and very roomy. The features offered are impressive, and make me wonder how LR sells any Range Rovers when they offer the LR4 with so many bells and whistles. Its hard to imagine going back to reliable(ly) boring old Toyota after this...."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals