2011 Land Rover LR2

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Not what I expected

By on Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Although this car looks good on the outside, it has been anything but reliable in the 2 years I have owned it. I have had to replace the breaks, the tires (at 30k miles), the battery (2 times), the differential, the sun roof and the front passenger headlight. It's been towed 4 times due to not starting. The service at the dealership has been good, they definitely take care of their customers. I just need a reliable car and this has been anything but that."

Very nice daily driver

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Price is great, but only on a used one. Great ride"

Cons: "It will break, but so is anythingelse you will buy"

"So I went to the dealer to buy 2011 Volvo XC60 and ended up buying 2010 LR2 HSE black on black all options, because under the hood they are exactly the same. LR2 did have more room and better interior, in my opinion. Before I signed the paper I had my dealer take it to Land Rover dealer and replace door seals, arm rest, key fob, tires (you bet!!), and a few days later rear differential bearing (was making noise). All this at 32K miles. Land Rover dealer service were super nice, by the way. All repairs paid for by warranty. This SUV ended up being super clean and perfect all around, I took it home for $25K. Soon after I replaced filthy semi-metallic brakes (still in new condition, just filthy) with premium ceramic pads and premium rotors. Now it is truly perfect. Volvo guts are holding up just fine. I fix my cars by myself, I spend a lot of time underneath and I will say the LR2 exhaust pipe is very rusty, and rust is found on a hood and some brackets here and there. Rust and Land Rover are made for each other I guess. Now, I am prepared to replace anything on this car by myself, since it is a Land Rover, it is just a matter of time. I even have a same year Volvo XC90 as a backup (wife's daily driver, she loves it more than my LR2 only because LR2 has a sportier/stiffer ride feel). So, I love it, would recommend it to all those who can deal with occasional repair here or there. For the money, you will not find a better deal (equipment wise, 4X4, leather and all that)."

LR2 2008

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

"We have had this car for 4 years and it has been great for us. Very comfortable, great visibility, and it looks nice too. We felt that we got a lot for the price we paid."

Best of the Land Rovers

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"Pedegree: Ford electronics/safety, Volvo designed engine (230 hp/233 ftlb torque) and crush zone and safety, Haldex 3rd generation electronic AWD clutch pack (Audi Quattro is Haldex Gen 2), Land Rover's go anywhere in style design and assenbled in the JD Powers rated "best quality in the world" Land Rover/Jaguar Hallewood factory. All this has come together in the LR2 HSE. A true pleasure to drive as a daily driver (now that the engine is broken in I'm getting 23mpg Hiway, 18 in town). The ice/slick mode on the Terrain Response has already saved me twice while driving snowpacked/icey roads helping me avoid out of control 4WD vehicles. It also ran like a champ in the sand dunes with dune buggies in sand mode. It's everything a Land Rover should be."

Love it but it has issues

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "expensive frequent repairs"

"Seems like the car has had more than it's share of problems. Expensive to repair. Key fob is entirely too expensive and it should last the life of the car (or have rechargeable or replaceable batteries)!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals