2009 Land Rover LR2

Based on 83 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect.

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Mountain/ Trail ready

"Styling/ Size/ MPG/ Driver's Vision/ New Engine/ Advanced Electronics ...all worth mentioning. Having owned and maintained a 2008 Range Rover, I was already familiar with Land Rover's Terrain Response System ...it IS phenomenal and works very well -very responsive. If someone wants an All-Wheel-Drive small SUV ..they should take a look. The only minor disturbance is the road/ wind air noise on the highway. The sound system is on par with the 2008 Range Rover. The heated windshield is a patented plus. The MPG is averaging about 27.1 ...unreal -because the weight of the LR2 is quite heavy. The double sunroofs are fun and the LR2 is very responsive."

Mountain/ Trail ready

Perfect vehicle for town or country

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My wife was looking for a midsized SUV, and found this to be the best value for the price. We have made one trip from Dallas to Ft. Smith AK. and driving 70mph to 80mph (Ok. Turnpike) using the cruse control we avg. 23-24mpg. In town my wife's avg. 19-20mpg mostly freeway. We have been a little disapointed with service (oil changes etc.) but my wife owned several Lexus prior to this purchase. Overall we are very saticefied with this vehicle."

Stranded

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"My 2008 LR2 left me stranded for 3 days on a business trip last week. The dealer still doesn't know what is wrong with it. The vehicle is 3 hours hours away from my house. It won't start. The alternator shorted out. This is caused because of a design flaw. The coolant tube from the reservior to the engine block cracked at the block. The flaw is that it is positioned on top of the alternator, thus when fitting fails and leaks the coolant drips into the alternator. The closet alternator was in Texas- had it shipped overnite = cost $1oo.oo. Replaced battery- now they can't get the vehicle to start. Parts availability are horrible. Every time something breaks, it can be several days to several weeks of waiting. I am dumping my LR2 as soon as it gets out of the dealers shop. I drive too many miles to worry about being stranded again."

nice but missing something

By on Monday, June 18, 2007

"i love this new vehicle but it lacks a few items, one is it needs the 19" wheels that are a DIE. Buy them as your vehicle will perform a lot better with these tires. I love the nav and the halo lights but it lacks the heads up display that should come with this pricy option. It also need a rear window deflector as the rear of the car gets aweful dirty and you cant even get this item as an option. It lacks the roof rack with cross bars and is another option that should be standard along with mud flaps and body side mouldings, tow hitch w/ electronics. The car drives great and dispite Land Rover nickel and diming you for your share of after market options that should be standard, I really like this vehicle. Small enough to get around in yet big enough to tote alll your stuff around."

Land Rover Off-Road Reliabilty

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Electronics/ Driver view/"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

Mountain Trail ready

"Previously owned a 2008 Range Rover ..the LR2 is of different quality due to it's pricing. Drives well. The Terrain Response System is really exceptional. The updated integrated electronics is very good and the sound system is phenomenal. MPG in mixed driving is a whopping 27.1 already! I coast and don't use cruise control ..and refrain from jump-starts from a stop."

Mountain Trail ready

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals