2004 Land Rover Discovery

7.1

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2003 - 2004 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.2/10

drives like a sports car with safety of a tank

By on Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, space, fun to drive"

Cons: "hard to get labor on it in my small town"

"Best car ever! Your kids and all their garb plus groceries fit in this car. If your driveway is a ice covered hill, no problem. This car beats every other car off the block with a 0-60 thats unmatched in an suv. Change your mind and want that parking spot you just passed up, turning radius- UNBELIEVABLE! excellent stereo, air condition/heat, storage, comfort. Seats make your back feel better and somehow the front window is angled so you don't get sunburnt. sunroof even has uv screens. want it all plus the kitchen sink- GET THIS CAR!"

Worst vehicle i've ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"1. Very bad gas mileage 2. Be prepared for heavy maintenance bills (google Land Rover 3 Amigos and see what comes up) 3. Dealers are very unhelpful and smug 4. Can't get thinks like wiper blades from anywhere but the LR dealer and they are >$65 for a pair 5. Did I mention how often it breaks down? Be prepared for be fixing your car constantly."

Love-Hate relationship

By on Thursday, March 5, 2009

"I love this vehicle because of its capability and styling. But I have had so many minor problems it has been extremely frustrating. It seems like as soon as you get one thing fixed for a few hundred dollars something else breaks and you are back to see the service department the next month. I have given up with it."

Horrible Reliability

By on Thursday, August 2, 2007

"I couldn't belive the problems I've had with this vehicle. The engine siezed up after 21 days on the first vehicle. They wouldn't replace it for 6 months and then only after the transmission and transaxle went out too. The replacement was terrible - I've had to replace the brakes every year and the rotors every two years (Land Rover said this was because the vehicle was heavy). I've had every door lock fail once and now another one just broke. I had it in the shop 4 times to fix the ABS system. They also replaced the intake and oil pan gaskets. The molding around the wheels faded and the tires wore out after 20K miles. There were many other little things that failed that I won't bother listing - I was a regular at the maintenace dept. It was bad enough with the warranty covering everything but it recently ran out and I just paid $1000 to replace the rear brakes, rotors and calipers. I can't believe anyone would ever buy a second one of these. I've had two (one was a replacement) and they were both terrible."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Would recommend to anyone who can afford a 12mpg car. It saved my life in a crash."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery near Honolulu. See local deals