2003 Land Rover Discovery

7.1

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2003 - 2004 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.2/10

drives like a sports car with safety of a tank

By on Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pros: "safety, comfort, space, fun to drive"

Cons: "hard to get labor on it in my small town"

"Best car ever! Your kids and all their garb plus groceries fit in this car. If your driveway is a ice covered hill, no problem. This car beats every other car off the block with a 0-60 thats unmatched in an suv. Change your mind and want that parking spot you just passed up, turning radius- UNBELIEVABLE! excellent stereo, air condition/heat, storage, comfort. Seats make your back feel better and somehow the front window is angled so you don't get sunburnt. sunroof even has uv screens. want it all plus the kitchen sink- GET THIS CAR!"

Love-Hate relationship

By on Thursday, March 5, 2009

"I love this vehicle because of its capability and styling. But I have had so many minor problems it has been extremely frustrating. It seems like as soon as you get one thing fixed for a few hundred dollars something else breaks and you are back to see the service department the next month. I have given up with it."

Great Truck, Fatal Flaws

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"I have owned a Disco for 5 years, about 60K miles (ALWAYS wanted one), and basically, unashamedly fell in love with the jungle/Sahara mystique. What you need to understand going in is the adverse-weather-conditions/go-anywhere capabilities are only matched in their heights by the absolute fatal-flaws of terrible build quality and lack of dependability. I knew prior to purchasing the vehicle that gas economy was horrible, so I consider that irrelevant. Again, the Landy will go through snow that I wouldn't even attempt in my Jeep Grand Cherokee or Cherokee Sport, but I have replaced power-steering pumps twice, water-pump, electrical items too numerous to mention. You will get tons of compliments and admiring glances when you are driving the Disco, however you will wonder if some sort of problem is going to develop nearly every time you are preparing to take a family vacation, trip, etc."

Worst vehicle i've ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"1. Very bad gas mileage 2. Be prepared for heavy maintenance bills (google Land Rover 3 Amigos and see what comes up) 3. Dealers are very unhelpful and smug 4. Can't get thinks like wiper blades from anywhere but the LR dealer and they are >$65 for a pair 5. Did I mention how often it breaks down? Be prepared for be fixing your car constantly."

Discovery is no more

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"I have a 2004 discovery SE7. It's my second one and after many many trips to the rover dealer here in Frisco, Texas with my first one, I was sure there was no way I could get 2 bad cars. BUT! I was wrong. They look great, and it will turn heads for sure, but sadly mine has turned more tow truck drivers heads to see if it was still moving, than anyone else."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery near Honolulu. See local deals