1996 Land Rover Discovery

7.1

Based on 122 Ratings for the 1994 - 1999 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

Dependable

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Over my life, I have had three land rovers. My first was crashed into a tree, with the front end wrecked and still got us home. I now drive a tricked out D2 and an old D1. The 94 d1 has NEVER gotten stuck. Only in march 2010 flooding in New england, when it was driven through water up to the windshield did it die, but it made it home. And It started the next day. And offroad capability is far beyond any jeep. However, expect huge repair cost if you take it to the "stealership" But if you are a Do-It-Yourself mechanic this car is very cheap to maintain. Cheap to buy, maintain, and will not fail you when put to the test."

Great off-the-beaten path SUV

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"This is an awesome performance vehicle. Do not expect a ride equivalent to that of other luxury SUVs due to that fact that this vehicle was designed for off-road performance as well as highway driving. Expect around 16mpg without much variance of either city or highway use. The cabin is loud and engine noise can be annoying if you are expecting a Mercedes style commute. Aerodynamically, you can actually improve gas mileage by removing the luggage rack cross bars. I highly recommend this vehicle if you are the adventurous type, but not if you are more desirous of a smooth, quiet ride."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This is a great vehicle. When major repairs are required it is a little pricing, however the vehicle very seldom had anything wrong. If you are handy and can work on cars, this Discovery is made for you. The tune/ups, brake changes are simple. There is plenty of room to work on this car. The Discovery does ride a little rough, however it really is a truck and not a car."

Incredibly tough!!!

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Looks better than a Range Rover, Mileage is fair for FULL-TIME FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE."

Cons: "Cost of repairs. Mileage is fair for a FULL-TIME FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE."

"Bought it for my wife. Big mistake, now she thinks it should stay clean! This thing will go Anywhere! I love it! I have yet to find a road it wont go, and it really loves the snow! Yes it is an S.U.V. so it needs to be driven like one, but it is an incredible one. If you have the money to maintain a used EUROPEAN car, then this is the one to get! Luxury, Class, Style, what more could you ask for! The suspension on this thing is built like a tank! !!! Can you tell I am excited about this CAR/Truck?!!!!!!!"

everything comes with a price...

By on Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"I have had my 96 discovery SE7 for about a year now. I bought it for $3000 with about 130k. it now has about 145k and is my daily driver. As far as performance goes, these vehicles live to be off road. I've put the land rover reputation to the test multiple times through rivers, mud pits, deep snow, you name it. Even though its bone stock I have never once gotten stuck with it. The interior is very stylish and comfortable. The complaint I have is the vehicles reliability. About once a month I have to buy some new part and because they're all from the U.K. they're extremely expensive. (an O2 sensor costs $120 and there's 4 of them on the car!) I just cant keep putting money into it anymore and have decided to sell it. it would be an amazing vehicle if they were built a little better..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery near Honolulu. See local deals