2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II Consumer Reviews

Never buy

By on Monday, October 5, 2009

"I've owned multiple SUV's. I bought the Land Rover for its styling, the dual sunroofs, and the history of performance. I have never been so disappointed. It has had severe mechanical problems, one after another. The windows broke, it's leaking oil, the power steering went out, among other problems, and this is after I've maintained regular oil changes and standard upkeep. It's a beautiful truck that still catches eyes but unless you have millions of dollars to throw into repairs, I would never, ever, ever buy this truck again."

Love the Truck

By on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"I have wanted a Rover for years, I finally bought my 2002, several people told me not to, but I had to have one. I bought mine in August of 2007, by August of 2008 I had put 34000 miles on my car. I have had a few mechanical issues, replaced passenger window regulator, cost $150.00 from dealer, installed myself. New starter, found a Rover starter on eBay, shipping and all $93.00 with twelve month warranty. Rear sunroof leaked, took to a window reapir shop, downspout was stopped up, they cleaned it out for $20.00, no more leak. Head gaskets were leaking, took to my mechanic, he put an additive into the water, no more leaks, cost $30.00 maybe. I have had him to look over the car before any trips, he always tells me that everything looks good. I have no major leaks or concerns, with over 100000 miles it looks good. As with any car there are going to be issues, but a regular maintenance routine will help to keep a lot of expense down. And by the way guys, there are a lot of certified Rover mechanics that have there on shops, and they charge a lot less than dealerships, anywhere from a fourth to a third of a dealer......open your phone book. I will definitely have another or two......."

great ride

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Utility says it all. Awesome 4 wheel drive system, towing capacity & towing performance. Stereo better than most homes. Tires wear better than a sedan. Only one negative... Fuel economy is poor, 12 - 16 mpg tops."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted