2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II

6.8

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10

Not so good

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Bought this car a while ago and loved it when I was offroading it. I finally ran into some trouble about three years ago and had to start spending close to $20,000 since then to repair the vehicle. Even though I love this vehicle I am finally giving up on it. Save your money buy a jeep to offroad, and a car to drive, trust me it will be cheaper."

Great TRUCK ok SUV

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I've had my LR discovery for about two years now and it has been reliable and also stylish.Rides more like a truck then a luxury Vehicle but looks great just like one.This winter we got over two feet of snow witch is a lot for this area.Most people were snowed in...... Not me got around Great without studs or chains. i would suggest this vehicle to anyone who plans on DRIVING it if u want a curb jumping,paved road driving truck buy an Escalade if u want a Stylish, tough and CAPABLE vehicle BUY LAND ROVER I'll never own anything else.well maybe a Bently LOL"

Disappointed

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"I bought new in 2001 and have kept up with maintenance since then however once I hit 50,000 miles this past year I have spent thousands on repairs. ABS, head gaskets, door lock repair, heated seat element, and more. Couple of break-downs ( Thanks AAA ) I enjoy driving this unique looking vehicle but my 18 year old BMW is more dependable. Land Rover service is great but expensive!!"

Worst Verhicle I Have Owned

By on Thursday, August 7, 2008

"I originally leased this vehicle for 36 months and purchased the vehicle once the lease expired. At the time of the purchase, the vehicle had not given me much problems, except for a number of electrical issues. Well things changed for worst within six months of the lease buyout. With only 47000 on the vehicle, the following items went bad: air conditioning out, transmission failure, radiator replacement, electrical issues causing headlight blubs to blow for no reason. And to beat them all, the ECM unit went out. In thirteen months, I have put approx. $8,000 into this vehicle for repairs. What a waste of money. Never again will I buy a Land Rover. To add insult to injury, even the Land Rover Dealer Technician said I should never keep a LR vehicle beyond the warranty period. I wish the saleperson would have told me that. At least I could have had the option of buying an extended warranty."

junk

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"although my disco did live up to its name off road very well, it was wheeled very little and broke all the time. it was an electrical nightmare, had temp problems from day one, and in general ALWAYS had SOMETHING wrong. i couldnt wait to get rid of this thing!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery Series II near Honolulu. See local deals