2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II

6.8

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "On Road or Off this Vehicle is amazing"

Cons: "Could use more power ports and Cup Holders could b"

"This SUV rides better than most cars but will still go anywhere without slipping a wheel."

Best Disco II I've ever known of

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "fun, easy care, dogs love it"

Cons: "seat heaters are easily activated by accident"

"I bought this car in 2003 from a single owner. Car had ever single maintenance record, all completed on time and I have continued the same. The car has never had a single mechanical problem. Never been in the shop for more than standard service. I did have gaskets and seals replaced as well as new breaks done as a precautionary measure in 2006. Have take to dealer for most service. Only problem I have ever had was the anti-theft system computer shut the car off and prevented it from restarting when I used two different keys (left vehicle running and locked while running in post office) computer system had to be reset and the tow was as much as the labor as I do not live close to a dealer. Other than that, this car has been amazing. My sister in law and I both drive them and she has had 2 lemons...lucky me! I hate to part with this car so hoping it will go a hundred thousand more miles!"

183,000 miles

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

"We drove our Disco II for 12 years and 180k miles. It is a fun SUV and was great in the off road. The biggest drawback was that the maintenance, parts and repairs have always been outrageously expensive. We are "putting it down" and moving into an American made SUV."

Great on and off road vehicle

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"I just bought my 2000 Land Rover Discovery a month ago with 72,000 miles and it has been nothing but great. I love the way it looks and how nothing on the road look anything like it. The power on these things is great especially when you put in into sport mode. We just took it on vacation and I wanted to test the 4x4 and it was fantastic. I put it in muddy trails and when the wheel would spin, the Traction Control would immediataly respond. You have to have some money when buying one of these though. I just had an oil change and that was over $90. The rear air suspension is now sagging but I will definately get an extended warranty and not have to worry anymore. I love this car and would want anybody to get one."

Not so good

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Bought this car a while ago and loved it when I was offroading it. I finally ran into some trouble about three years ago and had to start spending close to $20,000 since then to repair the vehicle. Even though I love this vehicle I am finally giving up on it. Save your money buy a jeep to offroad, and a car to drive, trust me it will be cheaper."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery Series II near Honolulu. See local deals