2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II

6.8

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10

Solid Truck - Must be Mechanically Inclined

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"My 2001 SE7 is just turning 90K Miles, and yes I've needed to perform some dealer-sponsored maintenance such as leaky driveline/transfercase seals and replacing one of the airbags for the rear suspension. My extended warranty has definitely paid for itself and once it expires, I will probably put another 5000 miles on the truck before beginning to search for something else. Overall it's been very reliable and trustworthy. I'd never hesitate to take it as far away from civilization as the weather/geography would allow. If you are not mechanically inclined, then be prepared to pay a little extra to fix some of the little, quirky things that malfunction or break on these vehicles, such as the rear window washer hose where it crosses from the body to the back door, or the 40 amp fuse that routinely blows when adjusting the front seat while the seat heaters are on. When all is said and done, you can't help but enjoy the extreme safety, comfort, convenience, visability and ruggedness of the Disco II."

HMMM...

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"I have had my LR for a little under a year and I have had nothing but trouble with it, from head gaskets to faulty door lock mechanisms, I have been very disapointed!"

Breaks down and costs alot to fix

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Breaks down regularly. In just over 6 mo. I have had the colling system hoses go, the water pump break and the head gasket blow. With the head gasket blow they said it was likely that the sleve in the cylined slipped and fell and hence the engine was likely blown but couldn't tell for sure until they did the 2k in work for the head gasket. In short, Land Rovers are not reliable, constantly break down and cost an arm and a leg to fix. They take premium gas and full synthetic oil meaning maintenance and operation is expensive as well. Paired with very poor gas mileage as they age they are a very bad buy."

1999 LandRover Discovery 11

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"A smart looking, very dependable British made SUV. This particular model handles and rides extremely well with a rarely found air suspension that operates in both an manual or automatic leveling/handling mode. With the addition of 4WD, ABS brakes and air ride it makes winter road handling a dream and prioritizes safety first. A large roof rack can handle an extreme amount of cargo, good for camping or long vacations as everything gets stored outside with an easy to use ladder provided to reach the top for off/on loading. If you want fuel economy, well your not going to get very far with this SUV as it not only never reaches 20mpg but also burns premium or high octane (91 or better) at the pumps. It has a large tank so if fuel prices are high be prepared for your first full fill-up shock, it could be more than you expected. Once you get passed that you won't find a better built SUV on the road, it is comfortable, many features are ahead of their time, and it is British who have always been known for constructing very reliable and long lasting automotive and aircraft designs since early in the 1920's."

Be prepared

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"I love the look of this vehicle, that's why I purchased it. I found myself having expensive repairs on parts that should not wear out on a vehicle so soon. If you can repair the vehicle yourself, I guess it would be ok. Just know that looks are deceiving!"

Would buy again

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I have had this vehicle for almost 5 years. Bought with 60k, now have 113k. No major problems or maintenace required. Is very comfortable and the quality is great. Hold up better than any other car I have owned. Would reccommend to anyone."

Great Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"This has been a fantastic vehicle. While being smallish and rugged it still can seat 7 with the rear jump seats. The build quality is excellent, and I have had no major mechanical issues."

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "On Road or Off this Vehicle is amazing"

Cons: "Could use more power ports and Cup Holders could b"

"This SUV rides better than most cars but will still go anywhere without slipping a wheel."

Best Disco II I've ever known of

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "fun, easy care, dogs love it"

Cons: "seat heaters are easily activated by accident"

"I bought this car in 2003 from a single owner. Car had ever single maintenance record, all completed on time and I have continued the same. The car has never had a single mechanical problem. Never been in the shop for more than standard service. I did have gaskets and seals replaced as well as new breaks done as a precautionary measure in 2006. Have take to dealer for most service. Only problem I have ever had was the anti-theft system computer shut the car off and prevented it from restarting when I used two different keys (left vehicle running and locked while running in post office) computer system had to be reset and the tow was as much as the labor as I do not live close to a dealer. Other than that, this car has been amazing. My sister in law and I both drive them and she has had 2 lemons...lucky me! I hate to part with this car so hoping it will go a hundred thousand more miles!"

183,000 miles

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

"We drove our Disco II for 12 years and 180k miles. It is a fun SUV and was great in the off road. The biggest drawback was that the maintenance, parts and repairs have always been outrageously expensive. We are "putting it down" and moving into an American made SUV."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery Series II near Honolulu. See local deals