2018 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.9

9.6

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2017 - 2018 models.

9.8/10
    9.9/10
    9.9/10
    9.7/10

Best budget compact SUV.

By on Saturday, September 16, 2017

Pros: "Cheap, fun to drive, warranty"

Cons: "makes a cheap windows 95 noise when you exit"

"My wife was 1 month away from being due for our first child. She had a Mazda 3, and I couldnt imagine her lugging everything around in that car. I bought a base model Kia Sportage. Nothing glamorous or fancy, but a brand new car with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. It has bluetooth, backup camera, the basics. This car drives fantastic. It has plenty of power even without the turbo model, and Im telling you this car handles amazing for what it is. It is quiet!!! You cant tell its running when you are at a redlight. The 6 speed transmission is a dream compared to CVT. Its got TONS of room, and a unique style to it, that sort of reminds me of the old Subaru Tribeca. Some people hate it, but I love the fact there is nothing else on the road with this look. Sport mode drives significantly better than anything else. I find myself getting about 25 mpg combined (fwd model)."

A great SUV with some caveots

By on Monday, January 15, 2018

Pros: "Looks inside and out, features, customizations"

Cons: "MPG, no adaptive cruise, odd options outside USA"

"PROS: Truly a good looking and unique looking SUV in a field of station wagon looking models. Great features including a very well laid out and intuitive control system. For example, turning on the rear wipers initiates a status change on the dash info area letting you know the wiper change. Parking assist beeping uses the stereo system so you know where the obstruction is without even looking. Every feature (almost) is customizable, if you dont want the auto liftgate, for example. A very fun car to drive, which is a hard to put on paper feature. Also an easy to follow feature and model set, compared to say the RAV4 which has (if you can believe) 10 different models that cannot even all fit on a screen to tell which is which. The visibility is astounding and the sunroof is almost like a convertible. And on the Turbo model the power is unreal, almost feels too fast for an SUV, but again fun to drive. CONS: The biggest con is the MPG, which is truly cr@p. However, even the much heralded Subaru Forester is just 5MPG higher than the Kia which translates to about 200/year. Not nothing but not worth paying thousands more for the Subaru. The reality is that car companies should not be crowing about 5MPG here and there, most SUVs get cr@p MPG. In 2018 MPG should all be in the 30s or 40s and not crowing about tiny differences in MPG. No adaptive cruise control, although available on other Kias. OTHER: I am a bit confused about the features that are available worldwide that are not standard throughout. Such as heated front windshield, heated rear seats, wireless charger, auto parking assist (SPAS system), headlight washers, etc depend not on what you spend but where you live....seems odd. Storage is an odd thing to complain about in this SUV because it is one of the smallest SUVs in its class. It of course wont store more than a car that is a foot longer, but its also going to be easier to maneuver. Kia also included a unique Auto Hold feature that keeps the brake applied when at stop lights to avoid foot fatigue or accidental rear endings...but oddly you have to turn it on manually every time you start the car. So there are quirks but they are minor in a sea of great. NOTE: I have only owned the SUV for a few weeks so I cant comment on the reliability but I will if something noteworthy occurs."

Proud owner. Smart Choice!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pros: "Good Value for Money, Confort and Luxury"

Cons: "Headlights would have been more bright."

"Was skeptical to go with Kia at first, but this car is a beast. with 181 Hp, it delivers the power as described on paper. And ofcourse the price! Very good value for money. Excellent technolofy with android auto."

I have not been disappointed with Sportage SX AWD

By on Monday, March 5, 2018

Pros: "Everything"

"Ive owned the Sportage SX AWD for nearly 11 months and love every aspect of this car. I test drove most other comparable makes and this remained my first choice. This vehicle was redesigned in 2017 which means the style wont change for years to come. The redesign was magnificent and very comparable to higher end brands. The Tucson redesign is scheduled for 2018. Handling, smooth & quiet ride, drive and passenger comfort, interior design, controls, safety, exterior design, all the SX standard options, mileage is better than advertised, acceleration is superb, comfortable seating, easy entry & exit, pearl white & cool grey wont become tiresome, best warranty anywhere which speaks of engineering confidence, panorama roof, extended 10 year full bumper to bumper warranty that was very cost worthy to include coverage of all electronics beyond 3 years. The only con is the model name - Sportage is a made up word but its growing on me."

Drove them all, this was the best!

By on Saturday, July 1, 2017

Pros: "Just about everything !"

Cons: "Mileage, but that has been better than expected!"

"Test drove the , CR-V, CX-9, VW Alltrack & Touareg , Tucson, Outback, Rouge, Escape & Rav4. The KIA Sportage SX was the best combination of quality, power and handling. This vehicle is just so fun to drive! Interior fit and finish is as good as the Honda. The handling was on par with the VW Alltrack and acceleration beat the CX-5. The KIA came with some options not available on any of these (like cooled vented front seats) and priced (with all those options) at or better than the competition. My biggest concern was the listed mileage numbers: City 20/Hwy 23/Comb 21 MPG with the 240Hp turbo. But on my first vacation trip (about 550 miles) I averaged 30.5 MPG by just setting my cruise control at 77 mph and running in Eco mode. My highway numbers since then are still around 26-27 mpg on shorter trips. Buying a KIA was not in my plans when I started my shopping process but all those test drives opened my eyes, KIA has really stepped up its game!"