2017 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,201 - $25,144.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 08/24/2017

10/9.0

9.7

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2017 models.

9.8/10
    10.0/10
    9.9/10
    9.7/10

Proud new owner

By on Sunday, December 11, 2016

Pros: "Lots of power, Harman Kardon Speakers,"

Cons: "Wish heated seats would come on automatically"

"Purchased the SX model with 2.0 turbo and two tone canyon/beige interior and absolutely love it. Lots of power, comfortable and luxurious interior. Averaging between 10L and 11L per 100kms which is decent considering the power of the motor. When I put it on sport mode and want to pass vehicles, I feel I am driving a motorcycle. Paid 50k tax included in Canada which I could have got a luxury brand but besides the name, I don't think I'm missing anything."

Great choice for Small SUV with a 2L turbo

By on Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Pros: "power, features, price, NO stop/start gimmick"

Cons: "No CD"

"There are a several good small SUVs with the 2L turbo available. Many of them have the stop/start gimmick that I refuse to buy (MBZ, Audi, BMW, Ford, Lincoln, Buick). I eliminated the Lexus and Infiniti because of the looks, not to my taste. The VW Toureg doesnt offer the blind spot monitor. That left the KIA and the Subaru . The big difference is in price and looks. The comparably equipped Subaru is about 3K more and I prefer the looks of the KIA. After driving the Kia, it was an easy choice for me. After having it for 2 months, I feel I made the right choice. Great fun to drive, and more features than anyone could ask for."

very good vehicle so far.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Pros: "All of these."

Cons: "Cannot turn off driving lights when Headlights are"

"A lot of suv for a decent amont of money."

Drove them all, this was the best!

By on Saturday, July 1, 2017

Pros: "Just about everything !"

Cons: "Mileage, but that has been better than expected!"

"Test drove the , CR-V, CX-9, VW Alltrack & Touareg , Tucson, Outback, Rouge, Escape & Rav4. The KIA Sportage SX was the best combination of quality, power and handling. This vehicle is just so fun to drive! Interior fit and finish is as good as the Honda. The handling was on par with the VW Alltrack and acceleration beat the CX-5. The KIA came with some options not available on any of these (like cooled vented front seats) and priced (with all those options) at or better than the competition. My biggest concern was the listed mileage numbers: City 20/Hwy 23/Comb 21 MPG with the 240Hp turbo. But on my first vacation trip (about 550 miles) I averaged 30.5 MPG by just setting my cruise control at 77 mph and running in Eco mode. My highway numbers since then are still around 26-27 mpg on shorter trips. Buying a KIA was not in my plans when I started my shopping process but all those test drives opened my eyes, KIA has really stepped up its game!"

MPG isn't everything

By on Friday, January 6, 2017

Pros: "Solid ride, comfortable front seating, fun drive"

Cons: "If you care, the MPG could be better"

"Kept waiting for somebody to bring back a small truck, and I just don't think it's gonna happen any time soon. I wanted something with some extra space for the occasional hauling of stuff, and I didn't want a ride that looks completely identical to all the other small CUV/SUVs out there. The 2017 Sportage definitely has a different front view. I have the AWD EX. I didn't want all the safety "help" so I didn't get the extra packages...and I'm very happy with it. It's a comfortable, smooth, solid ride that seems to have a decent amount of kick for a 2.4. The sport mode is noticeably fun to drive in, and since the MPG is pretty lousy anyway, might as well have some fun driving. Easy to get in and out of, rear seats fold down and lock flat for extra hauling space. Unbeatable warranty helps."