2012 Kia Sportage

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Nice SUV

By on Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pros: "Sporty good look, a great pick up, inexpensive"

Cons: "not as roomy inside, and is not a gas saver car"

"I’m not an expert, but an owner. I never ever have owned a Kia before this one, and to be honest, I was very suspicious about Kia's car, but we were in the market for find the best SUV that we could afford. After a lot of searching, we found this 2014 Kia sportage with 13k miles for only 20k, and I gave myself the opportunity to check it out in person. I'm not regretting after 3k miles. If you don’t have money to spend on fancy car, the Sportage is the way to go. Best small SUV out there for money vs quality. Kia put together a nice package at a very good price which is why I bought the EX model with the premium package. The sportage is not as roomy inside, and is not a gas saver car as other SUV’s but if you are looking for an SUV with a turn head and sporty good look, a great pick up, fully load, comfortable, real smooth to drive and inexpensive, then you must to check the sportage, it is a car that gives you greater value for the money than any other car out there without cutting down on quality, functionality and reliability, plus, the warranty offered by Kia. But nothing is perfect, so I want to point out something that displeases me, it is that there is no good visibility through the rear window of the car, when you use the rear view mirror found inside the car on the windshield, to see something in the rear view mirror there has to be perfect angle between the mirror, your eye sight and back window; instead that, you would like to use your side view mirrors while you are driving and a back up camera when you go forward. Anyway this is not a big issue, just something to point."

I luv my 2012 KIA in signal red

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Nice SUV inside, outside & fun to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

Standing in front of my new KIA

"I am enjoying my 2012 Kia sportage. Everybody asked me if where did I bought my suv. They never see this good looking car before. It's fun to drive I got a lot of compliments. I am very satisfied with my KIA. I was driving a V8 ford explorer before but I traded in with this KIA sportage. I am glad & happy with my new KIA. Because equipt with curtain air bags, It's only cost me $ 500.00 a year for my full coverage insurance with $500 deductable. Good job Kia."

Standing in front of my new KIA

Great for the price!

By on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pros: "Too many too list."

Cons: "Motor a little on the noisy side, not a deal brkr"

"Great SUV for the $20k price tag. Ours is AWD cloth interior, the seat material is a firm type of fabric that is durable and extremely easy to clean. My wife who had previously owned and driven Bmw's and Ltz Tahoes was very surprised and fell in love with her Kia which she calls "The Scoot". The only drawback that I could find which is a common complaint is that there isn't enough sound proofing under the hood, if you pay attention you can tell that the motor is a little on the loud side, but hardly a deal breaker or a major compliant. The resale value is excellent on this model as well as other Kia SUV's. My neighbor is an auto wholesaler and he loves to buy and sell the Sportages due to there reliability and styling and easy turn around. I also like the fact that you can lock in the AWD to 50/50 or leave it in normal drive mode which is 20/80 thus conserving fuel. The best thing Kia did was hiring the guy who designed and revitalized Audis brand name. He really helped Kia become an affordable household vehicle."

Proud Kia Sportage owner

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I'm in love with my 2011 Kia Sportage EX Premium. If you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never drive a Kia. I love everything about it. The styling, handling, features, warranty, etc. The bluetooth is great and easy to use, love the streaming audio, push button start, and especially the panoramic moonroof."

Great Little Vehicle

By on Friday, January 7, 2011

"Traded in a Vibe looking to get into a small vehicle with good gas mileage. Very comfortable vehicle and averaging 26 to 27 mpg. Compared to Vibe, very roomy and very good pickup as well with the 6 speed trany, even for a 4 cyl. After research, I found this to be the best all around buy for the $$$'s with many standard features that are optional on other vehicles. Great warranty too. Yet to see on reliability but so far so good at 3k miles over a few months. Very happy thus far, good vehicle at good price."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I just purchased the 2011 Sportage less than a month ago. The Kia captured my attention with the new European Design and testimony of other Kia owners. Given the price was right, I decided to trade in my Jeep and enjoy the greater MPG. I am glad I made the switch. The ride is smooth and the interior is very spacious. Keep your eye on KIA."

Be careful where you get oil changes

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "Maintenance cannot be done anywhere but KIA"

"I owned this car for a year and a half and loved it! Great ride, big enough for growing kids in the back seat, nice sound, etc. I took it for regular oil changes and maintanance at the Jiffy Lube down the street since the Kia dealership was way on the other side of town, 45 minutes minimum each way. Then the engine blows up (not quite literally but close). Turns out the after market oil filter the jiffy lube used did not have a tiny spring in it that the Kia needed (not mentioned in the owners manual BTW) and now my engine has $5,194 worth of engine damage that is not covered by warranty. Unless you know for a fact that you will take this to the dealership for all maintenance, do not risk it."

Love mine. Happy with my choice.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Stunner, tons of features, great value"

Cons: "ride isn't the smoothest"

"I love mine. I got a red EX 4WD. It's a great little car, good on gas, really good looking, lots of features for very little money. I wasn't really in the market for a small SUV, but once I drove it and started to think of the benefits of having more cargo room and 4WD, I went for it. It doesn't have the smoothest ride...definitely more of a "jeepy" feel than a sedan. The only thing I don't like about it is the middle seatbelt in the back, which is anchored to the ceiling...very strange. But for the money, I don't think there's anything close."

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"

So far best Auto Purchase I've had

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Stylish and very ECO for a SUV."

Cons: "Minor, just blind spots when changing lanes"

"I bought my 2013 Sportage SX T-GDI in January 2013. I originally was looking to purchase the EX model with the Premium Package upgrade, then realized almost everything in the Premium Package was in the SX. The first few weeks it seemed like i was filling up the gas tank a lot (avg'd 18 mpg), however now that the ECO drive has observed how my driving is, I'm getting 28 mpg on avg. Its even better on Long Traveling trips, EXCELLECT on gas then!! If there was one down side to it, the blind spots are a little harder to see, however by using the side view and the rear view mirrors before turning your head seems to help. I had a Jetta GLS before this and got used to the "better items" it had standard, however the Sportage has everything my Jetta did plus A LOT more. So far all I can say is this was the best car buying decision I've ever made and I'm now hooked on KIA!! BRAVO on a great Product KIA!!"