2011 Kia Sportage

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

I luv my 2012 KIA in signal red

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Nice SUV inside, outside & fun to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

Standing in front of my new KIA

"I am enjoying my 2012 Kia sportage. Everybody asked me if where did I bought my suv. They never see this good looking car before. It's fun to drive I got a lot of compliments. I am very satisfied with my KIA. I was driving a V8 ford explorer before but I traded in with this KIA sportage. I am glad & happy with my new KIA. Because equipt with curtain air bags, It's only cost me $ 500.00 a year for my full coverage insurance with $500 deductable. Good job Kia."

Standing in front of my new KIA

Proud Kia Sportage owner

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I'm in love with my 2011 Kia Sportage EX Premium. If you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never drive a Kia. I love everything about it. The styling, handling, features, warranty, etc. The bluetooth is great and easy to use, love the streaming audio, push button start, and especially the panoramic moonroof."

Great Little Vehicle

By on Friday, January 7, 2011

"Traded in a Vibe looking to get into a small vehicle with good gas mileage. Very comfortable vehicle and averaging 26 to 27 mpg. Compared to Vibe, very roomy and very good pickup as well with the 6 speed trany, even for a 4 cyl. After research, I found this to be the best all around buy for the $$$'s with many standard features that are optional on other vehicles. Great warranty too. Yet to see on reliability but so far so good at 3k miles over a few months. Very happy thus far, good vehicle at good price."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I just purchased the 2011 Sportage less than a month ago. The Kia captured my attention with the new European Design and testimony of other Kia owners. Given the price was right, I decided to trade in my Jeep and enjoy the greater MPG. I am glad I made the switch. The ride is smooth and the interior is very spacious. Keep your eye on KIA."

Be careful where you get oil changes

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "Maintenance cannot be done anywhere but KIA"

"I owned this car for a year and a half and loved it! Great ride, big enough for growing kids in the back seat, nice sound, etc. I took it for regular oil changes and maintanance at the Jiffy Lube down the street since the Kia dealership was way on the other side of town, 45 minutes minimum each way. Then the engine blows up (not quite literally but close). Turns out the after market oil filter the jiffy lube used did not have a tiny spring in it that the Kia needed (not mentioned in the owners manual BTW) and now my engine has $5,194 worth of engine damage that is not covered by warranty. Unless you know for a fact that you will take this to the dealership for all maintenance, do not risk it."

Love mine. Happy with my choice.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Stunner, tons of features, great value"

Cons: "ride isn't the smoothest"

"I love mine. I got a red EX 4WD. It's a great little car, good on gas, really good looking, lots of features for very little money. I wasn't really in the market for a small SUV, but once I drove it and started to think of the benefits of having more cargo room and 4WD, I went for it. It doesn't have the smoothest ride...definitely more of a "jeepy" feel than a sedan. The only thing I don't like about it is the middle seatbelt in the back, which is anchored to the ceiling...very strange. But for the money, I don't think there's anything close."

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"

So far best Auto Purchase I've had

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Stylish and very ECO for a SUV."

Cons: "Minor, just blind spots when changing lanes"

"I bought my 2013 Sportage SX T-GDI in January 2013. I originally was looking to purchase the EX model with the Premium Package upgrade, then realized almost everything in the Premium Package was in the SX. The first few weeks it seemed like i was filling up the gas tank a lot (avg'd 18 mpg), however now that the ECO drive has observed how my driving is, I'm getting 28 mpg on avg. Its even better on Long Traveling trips, EXCELLECT on gas then!! If there was one down side to it, the blind spots are a little harder to see, however by using the side view and the rear view mirrors before turning your head seems to help. I had a Jetta GLS before this and got used to the "better items" it had standard, however the Sportage has everything my Jetta did plus A LOT more. So far all I can say is this was the best car buying decision I've ever made and I'm now hooked on KIA!! BRAVO on a great Product KIA!!"

A Masterpiece for the Value

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "value, features, ride, quality, warranty"

Cons: "interior needs higher quality materials"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

"What a great mini-ute the money. Hard to put in question the true value here - you get so much, for a great price, then have a 10yr/100,000mile drivetrain warranty to boot. Just got my ex awd and have been driving it for 4 days. It'll be my commuter and my weekend car to the mountains. I really like the awd with the lockable 4x4 feature (cr-v and cx-5 don't have that), and 176hp and 6 speeds (rav-4 doesn't have have that), gives it a good peppy feel. It's not fast off the line, but plenty of torque at higher speeds for passing and hills. Plus, all those extras - uvo and backup camera, cooling glove box, jukebox and ipod support, satellite radio, all weather mats, homelink, led lights, lotsa room, and on, and on. Great little car, and my first tank gave me an average of 25mpg. Bye bye Sequoia. Hello Kia Sportage!"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

Best Vehicle I've Had

By on Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Out of the past 7 vehicles I have owned this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I recently bought the 2011 Kia Sportage LX AWD w/ navigation, back up sensors, etc. and loved it from the start. It has AWD drive, w/ a 4-wheel drive capability, the navigation system is extremely fast compared to a Tom-Tom and other navi's and is very detailed. I'm positive everyone would love it especially when UVO by Microsoft wil be coming out in early 2011 for newer models. The exterior is well above par from its original years of the sportage and definately is easy to drive. Has so many features and options including ESC and you also can get other options on the EX model with heated and cooling seats which is awesome. Also the glove compartment has an a/c stored in it which is so cool. I love this vehicle and I wouldn't just recommend it but also would love to see everyone buy this vehicle. Not to mention it has a 10 year/ 100,000 mile warranty on every KIA."

Love it!

By on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, cute!"

"I absolutely love this car! I purchased the EX model. Its sporty, comfy and great on gas. Very appealing to the eye. Rides very smoothly. Great warranty.Overall, very satisfied with this purchase."

THIS IS A WINNER!

By on Thursday, December 2, 2010

"THIS NEW PUPPY IS A WINNER. YES IT RIDES LIKE A LITTLE TRUCK AND I PURCHED MINE WITH ALL OF THE BELLS AND WHISTLES!!! I LOVE IT! WITH THE LEATHER INTERIOR IT LOOKS LIKE A $60K VEHICLE! THE EXTENTED WARRANTY WAS A GREAT DEAL AS WELL."

Finally got it right!

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Kia finally got the sportage right! No one wants a small, underpowred V6 with garbage gas milage in a small SUV.we buy small SUVs to get good gas milage, sit up high,and have AWD at an affordable price. The Styling is AWESOME. This looks like a spaceship compaired to the old dumpy Sportage and i think looks better than the CRV or Rav4. the EX comes nicely loaded with all you would want and the price tag...I PAID 23K for my AWD EX with a towing hitch. this thing has sat radio, bluetooth, power seats, dual climate, air filtration, voice command, 18inch wheels, led lights AND MORE!!! No compeditor can beat that! what a value, what styling, what a ride!"

Meets my needs and wants perfectly.

By on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Pros: "Stylish, quiet, practical and a great price."

Cons: "I wish it had a remote tail gate opener."

"The longer I own this car the more I love it. I have the EX model with the Premium Package with FWD. I recently drove it on a 1400 mile road trip and while I admit that the suspension is quite stiff, it did not detract from my comfort. I was surprised about that. I wanted a stylish vehicle with a quiet cabin that I could put a bike rack on that I could get for under 30k and the Sportage ticked off all of those boxes. I had a Honda CRV previous to my KIA and the road noise in the cabin would drive me crazy because I had to blast the radio in order to hear it. Not the case with the KIA Sportage."

Nice Ride

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

"I traded my 2009 Mustang for this car, and believe it or not, I actually enjoy driving this one more."

nice car.........ok best car ever!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "great price and loads of features."

Cons: "slightly bumpy ride."

"the 2012 kia sportage is certainly the best car ever.the lovely features and striking design adds value to this wonder machine.i love the voice command navigation and strong sirius radiio.what's even better is the automatics front and rear heated seats for chilly weather.i own the sx trim and i just can,t get over the 2 sunrooves!!!!the fog lights are pretty bright and the gas milage on this vehicle is awesome-i drove once in eco mode and this vehicle clocked 32 mpg!!!!kia is the best automotive company ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope you wonderful kbb consumers found my review to be of great importance.thank you."

Ruff Rider

By on Saturday, April 9, 2011

"I bough this car in Jan.2011. The weather is a problem with this car. Below freezing the shocks are not working wright, They don't dampen the bumps, but above 45 a total different ride. Also the big problem is the body design at the lower sides. You have to put large mud flaps or running boards on or you will have bad paint damage due to front tire stray back. Kia doesn't pay for stone damage. If you live in a area that uses anti'slip stone chips in winter you will be paying for a paint job in spring."

Fun, Fun, Fun

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "The SX turbo is absolutely great."

Cons: "Black (leather) interior ...a bit warm"

"I've had this Sportage SX for a month. I'm 6'5" and it's one of the few suv's that I can get my knees under the steering wheel. I turned in a 2007 Lexus RX350. While that was a wonderful yacht to drive, this one is fun, fun, fun. My Sportage is fully equipped and I have almost the same creature comforts as the Lexus. I can't believe how similar they are. Except for the power lift rear hatch and rain sensing windshield wipers I haven't noticed or missed any other features from the Lexus. And think of the bucks I saved! You can pick any interior as long as it is black leather. It would be nice to have a different color interior, especially in the south. But with heated and cooled driver's seat it'll do. Bluetooth, navigation and backup camera are nicely integrated. And it has a sunglasses case above the rear view mirror. A silly little item but it and the turbo sold me on it."

Toyota Honda Who?

By on Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pros: "Performance and Style"

Cons: "It would be nice if it had automatic folding outside mirrors as an option."

"Kia is not the Kia of just a couple of years ago. My wife needed a new car. We were going to go the usual compact SUV route with a CRV or Rav4, but they seemed so boring in design and performance inside and out. There are so many CRV's and Rav4's out there they are like the company fleet vehicles of Moms. We checked out the Sportage SX when it first came out and had to have it. Performance, price and style makes this car the gem of compact CUV's. We have had it since April. Only service it has needed is gas and an oil change. I drive it on the weekends when she lets me."

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "best price for small SUV vs quality and warranty"

Cons: "little visibility on the back"

"Well, this car scores really really high on safety while price is still much less than many other makes. I was amazed to see what the diference is in car crash between 2,3,4,5 star safety rating. This Kia has 5 stars and that was my first and most important thing when buyng new car. I have two little kids and safety comes first. No need to go on with all the extras this car has to increase safety. Design is great and you can tell that ex-audi guy is involved in the make of the design. While inside most of it is plastic still doesnt feel as cheap as you would think. Very stirdy and no loose parts. Really, the only bad thing i noticed so far about having so much plastic is when i put to max the volume, the belt for the back seat on the right is making anyong sound and I strapped it so it is not loose. The sound with the sub-woofer is more than good. I really like it actualy. I love the way it feels while driving. Cant understand the ppl complaing about the ride. This is sportier car and hard suspension is what makes it more sporty. For smal SUV the car got really great MPG. I would like to have more than 170HP but it seems to do just fine on hills and passing trucks and cars when needed. The cruise control however is the biggest let down i guess. The speed drops with 4 even 5 miles untill the gas kicks in to reach the set up speed again. Not a big deal, but i noticed this really early on compering it to our other cars we have/had. Whlie backing out of parking lot is not supposed to be that hard since it is fairly small framed car for SUV, with this car it can be a chalange. Visibility is realy bad. Dont buy it without the back up camera. The cam is what is solving the problem. But if you like to check on your rear view mirror all the time, you will be disapointed. Side view mirrors will be your best freinds instead. To see something in the rear view mirror there has to be perfect angle between the mirror, your eye sight and back windshiled. Overal I will recomend the car to ppl with not more than 4 members in the family and ppl which are ok with stiff ride. You cant beat the price though. It took me more than 6 months of comparing and on a paper there is a clear winner. If you dont have money to spend on fancy car this KIA is the way to go. Best small SUV out there for money vs quality."

Great for the price!

By on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pros: "Too many too list."

Cons: "Motor a little on the noisy side, not a deal brkr"

"Great SUV for the $20k price tag. Ours is AWD cloth interior, the seat material is a firm type of fabric that is durable and extremely easy to clean. My wife who had previously owned and driven Bmw's and Ltz Tahoes was very surprised and fell in love with her Kia which she calls "The Scoot". The only drawback that I could find which is a common complaint is that there isn't enough sound proofing under the hood, if you pay attention you can tell that the motor is a little on the loud side, but hardly a deal breaker or a major compliant. The resale value is excellent on this model as well as other Kia SUV's. My neighbor is an auto wholesaler and he loves to buy and sell the Sportages due to there reliability and styling and easy turn around. I also like the fact that you can lock in the AWD to 50/50 or leave it in normal drive mode which is 20/80 thus conserving fuel. The best thing Kia did was hiring the guy who designed and revitalized Audis brand name. He really helped Kia become an affordable household vehicle."

Really enjoy tis car

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel milage and good handling"

Cons: "Gas tank and no cross members on roof rack"

"Have had this car since Apriland it performs better than expected. Was looking for a used car for my daughter when we bought this one and gave her my car. I only wish it had power seats. The gas tank is a little too small. The roof rack cannot be used since it does not have standard cross bars. The cross bars are not standard. They are available from dealers for $205 for parts and $200 for installalation. Wish I had known this when I bought the car. MIght have had dealer install as part of purchase price. Otherwise, very pleased with car. I do average 30 mpg with this car and have gotten up to 34 mpg on trips."

Blows away Rav 4 and CRV

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"We looked at the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4 and the Sportage EX for my wife. We loved the Sportage styling miles over the CRV and Rav 4. We must not be the only ones because we couldn't find the EX AWD in the color we wanted so decided to buy-up to the SX AWD that was at the dealer in the exact color my wife wanted. Things happen for a reason. She loves this car. The power of the SX turbo in the Sportage 4 cylinder is far better than that of the CRV or Rav4 6 cylinder. Gas mileage is good. Quality so far is great (it's new). This car is a definite head-turner. It's the type of car that someone will come up to you and say "what a great looking car"."

Absolutely Love This Car

By on Friday, August 3, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, awesome look, cool features"

Cons: "n/a"

"This is my first new car purchase. I wasn't planning on buying a brand new car but the price of a 2012 wasn't far off from the 2011 price. This car is amazing. I am constantly getting complements. I drive 80 miles a day round trip to work and this car gets GREAT gas mileage. Love my back up camera and the touch screen for sirius, mp3 hookup, radio, and cd. I love the bluetooth. I love the wheels on this car. I can't find anything to complain about about with this car. Definitely recommend!"

The Kai Sportage... great!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "GPS, style, easy to drive"

Cons: "suspension, blind spot in the front"

"This has been a great little car. We have only put around 14000 miles on our 2011 Sportage. Most of the miles have been around town. We have been on two longer trips and the seats and suspension could use some work. You can really feel it going across the rail road tracks. The interior is very nice and the touchscreen navigation works well and is user friendly. As for the cargo space, well it is a small suv. Overall this is a great little car. You cant beat the out side styling."