2011 Kia Sportage

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Roomy, Comfy and Fun to Drive.

By on Saturday, December 23, 2017

Pros: "Good Gas Mileage, Built to last, Plenty of room."

Cons: "KIA Sportage 2 WD LX does not come with Fog Lights"

2011 KIA Sportage 2 WD LX. purchased October 27, 2017

"I just bought my 2011 KIA Sportage 2 WD LX on October 27,2017 this year. The KIA Sportage already had 90,946 miles on it. I was not worried about buying a KIA with that kind of mileage. My 2008 KIA Optima EX is in Good Condition with 154,890 miles on it and still drives like it was brand new. I gave my KIA Optima EX to my daughter for her to drive. I notice that this KIA Sportage has the ECO System in it. I am getting 25 mpg combo driving. It is very roomy. It has plenty of leg room in the back seating area and that is without having the front seats pulled all the way forward. The back area has plenty of space to load up groceries and that 50 pound bag of Dog Food. When I put the back seats down I do not have to pull the head rests off first. I had to do this with my other compact SUV that I once owned. Under the back floor it has an area with Cubby holes to store items in. Under the Cubby section is the spare tire. The Sportage drives smoothly, its easy to handle when in heavy traffic. The Sportage handles good when driving in heavy rain. Using the push button that opens the back hatch is easier to do than to get your keys out from your pocket or purse to open the back hatch. All in All I thoroughly Enjoy my KIA Sportage."

2011 KIA Sportage 2 WD LX. purchased October 27, 2017

I luv my 2012 KIA in signal red

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Nice SUV inside, outside & fun to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

Standing in front of my new KIA

"I am enjoying my 2012 Kia sportage. Everybody asked me if where did I bought my suv. They never see this good looking car before. It's fun to drive I got a lot of compliments. I am very satisfied with my KIA. I was driving a V8 ford explorer before but I traded in with this KIA sportage. I am glad & happy with my new KIA. Because equipt with curtain air bags, It's only cost me $ 500.00 a year for my full coverage insurance with $500 deductable. Good job Kia."

Standing in front of my new KIA

Proud Kia Sportage owner

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I'm in love with my 2011 Kia Sportage EX Premium. If you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never drive a Kia. I love everything about it. The styling, handling, features, warranty, etc. The bluetooth is great and easy to use, love the streaming audio, push button start, and especially the panoramic moonroof."

Great Little Vehicle

By on Friday, January 7, 2011

"Traded in a Vibe looking to get into a small vehicle with good gas mileage. Very comfortable vehicle and averaging 26 to 27 mpg. Compared to Vibe, very roomy and very good pickup as well with the 6 speed trany, even for a 4 cyl. After research, I found this to be the best all around buy for the $$$'s with many standard features that are optional on other vehicles. Great warranty too. Yet to see on reliability but so far so good at 3k miles over a few months. Very happy thus far, good vehicle at good price."

Be careful where you get oil changes

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "Maintenance cannot be done anywhere but KIA"

"I owned this car for a year and a half and loved it! Great ride, big enough for growing kids in the back seat, nice sound, etc. I took it for regular oil changes and maintanance at the Jiffy Lube down the street since the Kia dealership was way on the other side of town, 45 minutes minimum each way. Then the engine blows up (not quite literally but close). Turns out the after market oil filter the jiffy lube used did not have a tiny spring in it that the Kia needed (not mentioned in the owners manual BTW) and now my engine has $5,194 worth of engine damage that is not covered by warranty. Unless you know for a fact that you will take this to the dealership for all maintenance, do not risk it."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I just purchased the 2011 Sportage less than a month ago. The Kia captured my attention with the new European Design and testimony of other Kia owners. Given the price was right, I decided to trade in my Jeep and enjoy the greater MPG. I am glad I made the switch. The ride is smooth and the interior is very spacious. Keep your eye on KIA."

Love mine. Happy with my choice.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Stunner, tons of features, great value"

Cons: "ride isn't the smoothest"

"I love mine. I got a red EX 4WD. It's a great little car, good on gas, really good looking, lots of features for very little money. I wasn't really in the market for a small SUV, but once I drove it and started to think of the benefits of having more cargo room and 4WD, I went for it. It doesn't have the smoothest ride...definitely more of a "jeepy" feel than a sedan. The only thing I don't like about it is the middle seatbelt in the back, which is anchored to the ceiling...very strange. But for the money, I don't think there's anything close."

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"

So far best Auto Purchase I've had

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Stylish and very ECO for a SUV."

Cons: "Minor, just blind spots when changing lanes"

"I bought my 2013 Sportage SX T-GDI in January 2013. I originally was looking to purchase the EX model with the Premium Package upgrade, then realized almost everything in the Premium Package was in the SX. The first few weeks it seemed like i was filling up the gas tank a lot (avg'd 18 mpg), however now that the ECO drive has observed how my driving is, I'm getting 28 mpg on avg. Its even better on Long Traveling trips, EXCELLECT on gas then!! If there was one down side to it, the blind spots are a little harder to see, however by using the side view and the rear view mirrors before turning your head seems to help. I had a Jetta GLS before this and got used to the "better items" it had standard, however the Sportage has everything my Jetta did plus A LOT more. So far all I can say is this was the best car buying decision I've ever made and I'm now hooked on KIA!! BRAVO on a great Product KIA!!"

A Masterpiece for the Value

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "value, features, ride, quality, warranty"

Cons: "interior needs higher quality materials"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

"What a great mini-ute the money. Hard to put in question the true value here - you get so much, for a great price, then have a 10yr/100,000mile drivetrain warranty to boot. Just got my ex awd and have been driving it for 4 days. It'll be my commuter and my weekend car to the mountains. I really like the awd with the lockable 4x4 feature (cr-v and cx-5 don't have that), and 176hp and 6 speeds (rav-4 doesn't have have that), gives it a good peppy feel. It's not fast off the line, but plenty of torque at higher speeds for passing and hills. Plus, all those extras - uvo and backup camera, cooling glove box, jukebox and ipod support, satellite radio, all weather mats, homelink, led lights, lotsa room, and on, and on. Great little car, and my first tank gave me an average of 25mpg. Bye bye Sequoia. Hello Kia Sportage!"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!