2011 Kia Sportage

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

GOOD FOR THE PRICE BUT UGLY UPGRADE

By on Monday, April 3, 2017

I don't own this car

Pros: "MPG, PRICE, AND WARRANTY"

Cons: "UGLY EXTERIOR DESIGN"

"Previous SPORTAGE generation was more beautiful than the actual redesigned model, The front grill is really UGLY. I have test driven this car but it didnt convince me. I purchased a different brand. Dont want to say which one. I would prefer the previous generation."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Value for price"

Cons: "Rough Riding"

"Fantastic Mileage Tight Handling Ride is a little rough"

I luv my 2012 KIA in signal red

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Nice SUV inside, outside & fun to drive"

Cons: "NONE"

Standing in front of my new KIA

"I am enjoying my 2012 Kia sportage. Everybody asked me if where did I bought my suv. They never see this good looking car before. It's fun to drive I got a lot of compliments. I am very satisfied with my KIA. I was driving a V8 ford explorer before but I traded in with this KIA sportage. I am glad & happy with my new KIA. Because equipt with curtain air bags, It's only cost me $ 500.00 a year for my full coverage insurance with $500 deductable. Good job Kia."

Standing in front of my new KIA

Proud Kia Sportage owner

By on Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I'm in love with my 2011 Kia Sportage EX Premium. If you asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never drive a Kia. I love everything about it. The styling, handling, features, warranty, etc. The bluetooth is great and easy to use, love the streaming audio, push button start, and especially the panoramic moonroof."

Great for the price!

By on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pros: "Too many too list."

Cons: "Motor a little on the noisy side, not a deal brkr"

"Great SUV for the $20k price tag. Ours is AWD cloth interior, the seat material is a firm type of fabric that is durable and extremely easy to clean. My wife who had previously owned and driven Bmw's and Ltz Tahoes was very surprised and fell in love with her Kia which she calls "The Scoot". The only drawback that I could find which is a common complaint is that there isn't enough sound proofing under the hood, if you pay attention you can tell that the motor is a little on the loud side, but hardly a deal breaker or a major compliant. The resale value is excellent on this model as well as other Kia SUV's. My neighbor is an auto wholesaler and he loves to buy and sell the Sportages due to there reliability and styling and easy turn around. I also like the fact that you can lock in the AWD to 50/50 or leave it in normal drive mode which is 20/80 thus conserving fuel. The best thing Kia did was hiring the guy who designed and revitalized Audis brand name. He really helped Kia become an affordable household vehicle."

Great Little Vehicle

By on Friday, January 7, 2011

"Traded in a Vibe looking to get into a small vehicle with good gas mileage. Very comfortable vehicle and averaging 26 to 27 mpg. Compared to Vibe, very roomy and very good pickup as well with the 6 speed trany, even for a 4 cyl. After research, I found this to be the best all around buy for the $$$'s with many standard features that are optional on other vehicles. Great warranty too. Yet to see on reliability but so far so good at 3k miles over a few months. Very happy thus far, good vehicle at good price."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"I just purchased the 2011 Sportage less than a month ago. The Kia captured my attention with the new European Design and testimony of other Kia owners. Given the price was right, I decided to trade in my Jeep and enjoy the greater MPG. I am glad I made the switch. The ride is smooth and the interior is very spacious. Keep your eye on KIA."

Be careful where you get oil changes

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, very comfortable on long trips"

Cons: "Maintenance cannot be done anywhere but KIA"

"I owned this car for a year and a half and loved it! Great ride, big enough for growing kids in the back seat, nice sound, etc. I took it for regular oil changes and maintanance at the Jiffy Lube down the street since the Kia dealership was way on the other side of town, 45 minutes minimum each way. Then the engine blows up (not quite literally but close). Turns out the after market oil filter the jiffy lube used did not have a tiny spring in it that the Kia needed (not mentioned in the owners manual BTW) and now my engine has $5,194 worth of engine damage that is not covered by warranty. Unless you know for a fact that you will take this to the dealership for all maintenance, do not risk it."

Love mine. Happy with my choice.

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Stunner, tons of features, great value"

Cons: "ride isn't the smoothest"

"I love mine. I got a red EX 4WD. It's a great little car, good on gas, really good looking, lots of features for very little money. I wasn't really in the market for a small SUV, but once I drove it and started to think of the benefits of having more cargo room and 4WD, I went for it. It doesn't have the smoothest ride...definitely more of a "jeepy" feel than a sedan. The only thing I don't like about it is the middle seatbelt in the back, which is anchored to the ceiling...very strange. But for the money, I don't think there's anything close."

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"