2005 Kia Sportage

Based on 336 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Most reliable

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

"I had my kia from new and apart from replacing some light bulbs there has not been one problem in 100,000 miles.It runs fantastically and because the technology is simple it just keeps going!!I get 20 miles to a gallon and change oil every 3000 miles.Irecently had my first new set of brake pads and recommend ceramic all round to give awesome stopping power."

We love our Sportage...

By on Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"We purchased our 2008 Kia used in Sept, 2009. It has held it's value. We have put over 50,000 miles on her, and have had a single repair issue - a pulley in the AC had the bearings go out, and we had to replace the compressor (this was under warrantee). City milage is 18-20 mpg, hwy 22-24."

positive purchase

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"this was a redesigned model from it's early 2000 version. transitioning from small suv to mid-size. very comfortable for 5 people on long journeys. my mileage with the v6 engine averages 22 in the winter and 24 in the summer city and highway. i use the vehicle for hauling people, building materials, gardening supplies and the like. i've nothing wrong with the vehicle to report and i've provided the scheduled maintenance as directed by the manufacturer."

Fair

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"I have had the car for 3 years and I have not been able to get more than 21 mpg average per tank. The seats are not confortable for any long distance travel. I have had no reliabilty problems withn the car after 52,000 miles. The factory tires did not make it for 20,000 miles,"

Good all around vehicle

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I've bought a 2006 EX new. It's been the most reliable vechile I've ever owned. Not a single problem in over 5 years. The only drawbacks are the V6 isn't economical, I average 18 mpg in mostly city driving. And for a V6 the acceleration isn't that strong. On the plus side the AWD has come in handy at times. It has handled with ease some driving conditions that have left other vehicles in the ditch."