2005 Kia Sportage

Based on 335 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Great price,"

Cons: "The back seats aren't very comfortable"

"I've owned my Sportage since 2007 and have put over 146,000 on it. Overall, it has been incredibly reliable with no major issues. There have been some minor issues, like with the sunroof, seat warmers, and windshield wipers, but as much as I drive (over 70 miles daily, sometimes on gravel), I haven't experienced any mechanical issues, knock on wood! The battery is still original to the car, too...it has been "dead" a couple of times, but it has come back after charging it. I test drove a BMWx3 prior to purchasing my Sportage. For the most part, my Sportage has about everything the BMW had for a fraction of the cost."

2009 Sportage

By on Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Have about 6000 mile on it now. got the 4 cyl. It's a bit under powered but it runs and drives beautiful. I like the styling, it has standard features like 6 air bags and 4 wheel disc brakes that you don't get with most american cars. It even has reclining seats in the rear, nice touch. MPG is great. I average 26 highway and 23-24 around town. Got mine with a $3500. rebate and at $17,600 it's a great value. The only thing i'd change is i'd go to the 6 cyl. T J"

Traded a Prius for this

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"I've been a Toyota owner since I was 15. I'm now 33 and enjoying this SUV like you can't imagine. I just traded in a 2007 Prius because I didn't drive it enough to utilize the gas milage saving. The monthly payments were way to high and this truck dropped my payment $115 a month and my insurance is lower as well. It's a smooth ride and really comfortable to drive. I can't believe how quiet it is on the highway. I wish it had an auxilary outlet, but I can get that added. I also wish I had keyless entry, but that will be added as well. Other than that, I'm really happy about the purchase and would recommend one to anyone!!!"

140k miles - runs great

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2016

"Bought car used with 100K miles. It's now at 140k miles. Runs great & no issues thus far. Performs well for a 4 cylinder and is great on gas mileage. Easy to see out of and feels safe."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, well built"

Cons: "Low arm rest for driver; mpg is good, not great"

"Until my Kia Sportage, I had never owned an SUV; now that I have, I don't want anything else. The Sportage is compact, but roomy; great cargo space, holds everything I need as a plein air artist, plus picnic supplies and cooler. The front seat area is open and feels spacious. Gas mileage is good,not great. I've driven it to work for the past five years, and I travel over an hour to work, which says something about its comfort. I have a 21 yr. old son, and though it's not "cool" for him to drive, he still doesn't mind carpooling with me. My husband chose the Kia for me, after I was exhausted and no longer cared about a car. He did an excellent job. I love my Kia Sportage!"

Great little SUV for the price

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "comfort"

"I have owned this car since new in 2006. My wife drives it on a 100 mile round trip commute 5 days a week. We have never had any major issues with our Sportage. The only thing is the seats are not the most comfortable on long trips. 130K and still going strong. My wife will not let me trade in or Sportage, she says it has another 100K in her. I just purchased a 2014 Kia Soul in November, an I love this kia as well. I am not very fond of KIA dealerships in my area, but like Kia as a brand."

I would buy another one, 178K,

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pros: "roomy, very dependable"

Cons: "Local dealer"

"Very good vehicle, only been in the shop once for factory MAINT., Dealing with local dealer is not good. 4WD very handy, pulls boat trailer like it is not there. Tight fit for three child seats in back but they do fit."

They got it right!

By on Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, great design!"

"I bought this car used in 2009 and have loved it since day 1. With the V6 engine this car is very peppy. I get about 21 mpg which is normal for a V6. This has been a very reliable vehicle with no issues beyond normal wear and tear. There are a number of design features that make this vehicle a stellar value. I drive with headlights on all the time and I can just leave the switch on and the headlights automatically turn off when the car is off. The cigarette lighter is always on so I can charge my phone when the vehicle is not running. The back seat folds flat which allows better use of the storage area. The driver seat is very adjustable for driving comfort. This vehicle handles great on the road and is very fun to drive. It handles rough roads very well with adequate ground clearance."

kia sportage

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"I love this car.. its cute and perky and dependable.. the seats fold down nicely and it accually holds a lot of items if transporting. the air conditioner works very fast to cool the car..I have back issues and this car has amazing driving comfort"

Good be better

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"2006 Kia Sportage: Replaced windshield week, battery cheap, tires low grade, already need alignment. Road noise is loud and annoying and Kia service stinks no help or friendly service at all. Plan on using your prvt. mech. Overall its versatile design. I love the spilt seats that fold down completely, lots of room, whips around town good, good storage, gas mileage ok good be better. Feel good about the side air bags. Overall its good car for run around sports mom and keeping up with maintenance and replacement of quality tires and battery it does great."