2001 Kia Sportage

6.3

Based on 307 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    6.5/10
    7.0/10
    6.6/10
    6.9/10
    6.8/10

It has far outlasted any car that I have owned.

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Reliable transportation."

Cons: "Some features don't last as long as the car itself"

"Bought it for my birthday in 2002. It is the best automotive purchase that I have made in 40 years."

good small SUV

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "needs another gear, gas milage not very good"

"I have a 2001 and i when i purchased it had 12000 miles i now have 90000 and there has never been a wrench used on it. I dont like the trans on hwy running at 70MPH the RPMs run around 4000 it needs one more gear. i have an auto trans,other than that i love this vehical."

good little vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"has over 125,000 miles on it and still runs like the day I bought it. I change the oil and air filters when needed and other than that I don't have to do anything. My 4 wheel drive did go out on it, but I was pretty rough on it. Very reliable, would definantly reccommend to anyone looking for a small SUV."

Reliable, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"I bought a used 2001 Sportage EX from the local KIA dealer. It was the Sales Supervisor's demo car. It had 4000 miles on it. Six years and 110,000 miles later it is still running strong. I love this little car but, sadly, today is my last day driving it. The family got bigger and it was time to buy a minivan. Thankfully my dad decided to buy it as I would hate to see this little gem fall into abuse or misuse. The positives are its overall size and driving characteristics. It is reasonable on fuel economy for how heavy it is (20 mph mixed driving, 24 mph highway). The interior is surprisingly roomy for how small a vehicle it is. I am 6'4" tall and I fit comfortably in the driver's seat. That isn't something I can say for my wife's 2002 Xterra which I have now inherited. I have had some typical repairs over the last six years. - timing belt - catalytic converter - entire exhaust system (twice due to rust) - gas tank (just this past month) - something with the front hubs - air conditioning belt went and tangled up something with the compressor However, when you consider I was putting close to 20,000 miles a year on it in all kinds of weather I am pretty happy. I think I paid around 12,000 for it originally. Don't let the bad reputation fool you. This car is an excellent value."

Love this car.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage handles quckly"

Cons: "Avearage body rust."

"Easy to handle. great mileage. Handles very well. Pyshicyle sound!"