2016 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

10/8.6

Based on 36 Ratings for the 2016 - 2018 models.

Excellant SUV- Move Over Toyota, Honda and Nissan

By on Friday, May 12, 2017

Pros: "Price, value, QUALITY"

Cons: "none found to date"

"Purchased my 2017 Sorento SXL V one month ago and have driven about 1500 miles so far. Im impressed. As a 2 time previous Toyota Highlander owner (the last being a 2015 Highlander Limited), this Sorrento is every bit the vehicle the Highlander is. I cant speak for the Honda Pilot, but Ive researched the SUV in this class and these are the big 3 in my opinion, I owned a 2008 Highlander Limited before the 2015 and in my opinion, the 08 was better made, detailed than 2015. I have found no shortcoming in this Sorento thus far. Im getting Avg 26.5 on the highway thus far and most of my driving this vehicle has been a highway. Very quiet, and responsive. All the features are impressive.If I had to describe this vehicle in 1 word Id say QUALITY, This is not a cheap vehicle, in fact, I paid as much as a comparable top of the line Highlander.But in the KIA you have a 5 year/60,000 bumper to bumper warranty (almost twice that of its competitors) Again Id emphasis when you think of this Sorento, dont think cheaper, think value and again QUALITY. Get any preconceived notions of the brand KIA out of your mind. Its a top competitor now."

Regrettable Decision

By on Sunday, July 2, 2017

"Transmission problems that dont seem to be able to be repaired. Long wait for service and parts. May have to try Lemon Law to get another new car. If the transmission wouldnt go into limp mode and stay in 4th gear all the time, this would most likely be a great car."

I luv my Kia Sorento!

By on Friday, August 5, 2016

Pros: "Great value for the price."

"I took notice when they remodeled the Kia Optima. The more I kept thinking about it I decided to treat myself to an SUV instead of another car. I'm so glad I did. I was hooked on the Sorento after a test drive. It's roomy, especially the cargo area, comfortable and a very quiet ride. The Sorento is excellent on gas to be an SUV and it doesn't require a lot of maintenance. You take are of it like you're supposed to and it will be smooth sailing. The style is perfect for me inside and out (I chose the dark cherry color). My controls are within reach and easily accessible. The Bluetooth is a great feature to have when you're on the road. I like sitting up high so you can see the road better. I'm MORE than satisfied with my Sorento!!"

Whats not to like !

By on Thursday, February 2, 2017

Pros: "Looks great, drives great, quiet, & value"

Cons: "Wish i bought the limited !"

"My 2003 Honda Pilot was becoming a teenager so it was time to trade, I was very impressed with the Sorento in this 2016 iteration, So much better styling that last years model that i took it for a test, I would never have considered the 2015 based off looks alone, Tried both the SX Turbo & the V6 , but opted the V6 for its seating & towing power. Both impressed with how quiet& how well it rides, Plenty of power , even in ECO mode & feels like real luxury , Very impressed & would highly recommend."

Great all around SUV

By on Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pros: "Great versatility, value, drive"

Cons: "Not the best looking SUV on the road"

"This is my fourth Kia, the others were the Optima models. They were all good, but I wanted something that could pull my boat and travel trailer. The V-6 model has that capability, with better gas mileage than my pickup truck. The Sorento drives nicely, corners and bad roads aren't a problem. Since I am hard of hearing I really appreciate how quiet this car is, much quieter than the Forester and RAV 4 I test drove. And the most comfortable too. I can fold down the two rear seats and sleep in this little SUV if I have too, and I'm over 6'2. Too soon to know the reliability , but my other Kia's were all good, and with the 10 year warranty I'm not worried."