2013 Kia Sorento

8.1

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love it

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Nice, great price, quality finish"

"EX-V6 AWD, just a great car and would buy it again !"

My 1st New Car is a Kia?? What R U Thinking!!

By on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pros: "Features for Price, V6 AWD that's not thirsty"

Cons: "Sunroof Shades doesn't stay in place for long"

"We bought a 2005 Liberty Limited 4WD V6 from family and immediately discovered we wanted something bigger, with better MPG. Living in WV there is basically no flat land, so you realize the stated MPG ratings don't apply to you. My Jeep was rated 17/22 and I was lucky to get 14/19. Surprisingly I'm averaging 19 for 2012 SX V6 AWD which is rated at 18/24 so that’s not bad in my book for driving mostly in the city. Yes, WV has cities :-) We are picky people so aside from MPG and size we wanted more and for the price and features I just kept coming back to the Kia. Bluetooth and Sirius were standard on all models which are what originally had me looking at this car. We ended up with the premium SX package that included Push Start / Keyless operation, Heated Leather Telescopic Steering Wheel, Leather seats, Heated front power seats, cooled driver seat, Homelink for our garage, Power heated folding mirrors, Dual temperature control with digital settings, Backup camera, Voice command controls that control the touchscreen entertainment and Navigation system, Interior accent lighting, third row seating and rear air conditioning. We also have the Panoramic sunroof that was a separate addon. It also didn’t hurt that the Cup Holders were large enough for the huge fast food cups that we get on long road trips. The crossover rides pretty nice and overall my wife and I, who both swore we would never own a Kia, are very satisfied with this vehicle. The only downsides are the sunroof you have to manually slide the shade back when you open the roof and the noise from the shade when it rattles (I’ve never seen when you manually open and close the shade) 3rd row is tiny, the Bluetooth likes to fight between our two iPhones for the connection and the clips that hold the 3rd row seatbelt broke but the dealership replaced them. It also would have been nice to have the heated rear seats like the Optima of the same year, and that the cooled seat was also available for the passenger."

Unexpected Quality

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas economy, great styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"All you need to do is sit in a Sorento and close the door. You'll see what I mean. The door closes with that same sound you would hear in a much more expensive car. It's a solid feel and very comfortable. The only fault is the ride: it's a bit stiff and you'll feel all the bumps. But, I was told the tires were notoriously hard riding. I would probably opt for a softer riding tire from the start. Would I buy another Sorento? You bet I would. For the money, you cannot beat them. People come up to my KIA and tell me how great the styling is. Mine is Red, and after dozens of commercial washes, it still shines like a diamond."

Great Wagon Replacement

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Excellent performance, handling, and amenities."

Cons: "Very few. Some confusing option packages."

"Replaced a much loved Saab 9-5 Turbo wagon and wanted a vehicle with as much oomph and cargo space with AWD and creature comforts. Didn't want to spend over $40K on a Volvo or Audi wagon and after driving at least a dozen candidates it came down to the Subaru Outback and (surprisingly) the Kia Sorento. Though inclined toward a wagon, the Sorento won out on the basis of features, fit and finish, comfort, warranty, and performance in a package that was neither too large nor too small. The KIA has an amazing amount of usable cargo space OR capacity for seven (OK, well five adults and two kids.)Can't have both in a vehicle this size, but the KIA is almost a foot and a half shorter than the Mazda CX-9, for example, and a turning radius that simplifies city driving. The ride is firm and handling is good for a CUV. Doesn't feel like a land yacht on a backroad. Quiet and smooth at speed and spirited performance with the V6 in a two-ton vehicle. (My other car is a Mazda RX-9 and I didn't want a floating barge or a truck.) Hadn't seriously considered a KIA until I read some reviews and confirmed the near luxury (with some exceptions) fit, finish, and features of the interior. Extremely comfortable leather seats, dual panoramic sun/moon roof, (Nice in Seattle to let the light in), and good head,shoulder,hip, and leg room in first two rows. Nice amenities like power folding and curb identifying outside mirrors, keyless entry, memory seats/mirrors, etc. And for our dog and kid, the rear a/c in both the second and third row were especially welcome. Neither the RAV4 nor the CRV offered this feature. Oddly, no power liftgate but it's light and easy to manage. It's no off-roader, of course. But it does include some useful features for "soft roading" like hill descent and take off and most importantly locking 4wd when needed to extricate it from a dicey situation or a muddy or snowy spot. I'm the obsessive researcher in the family and kept extensive notes on everything we drove and looked at. My wife, on the other hand, simply said, "This feels like home," when she drove the Sorento. Since this is more her vehicle than mine, that was the deciding factor."

I absolutely reccomend the 2011 sorento

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, comfort seats, great features"

Cons: "V6 is no longer standard and as such the pick up may be desired as well as the towing capabilities."

"This is my third kia. My first was in an ac accident. My KIA saved my life and I am a loyal customer for this and many other reasons. My previous car was a 2007 sorento. I ended up with many of the problems others had with that model year, yet the car was quite reliable. On a whim I test drove the 2011 sorento and this new model lives up to its reviews. The 2011 sorento (and from what i see 2012) is light years ahead of where they were before (and that was a great car too!). Not only is the ride great on this car but the safety features (including the new ones for this model year like downhill assist) are very good and do work. Thi sis the most comfortable seating I have ever had in a new car. I recomend the convienience package. The rear camera is very handy as well as the auto dim mirrors. So much to say about this vehicle! The only downside is that KIA downgraded the engine for this year. The plus for the sorento was that the V6 was standard, now its an expensive change n price as it only comes in the top model. As such the towing capacity is not there if that is what you are looking for. The reason I was looking to purchase this car was my move up north to live with the yankees! Its cold and I was stuck in the snow all last year with my 2 wheel drive. I look forward to taking advantage of the AWD on this new sorento as well as the heated seats! Great ride and I HIGHLY reccomend. feels like you are driving in a lexus and not a KIA. Big plus is that now this is one of the only manafacturers that is producing vehicles in the U.S for this cost...the plant is in Georgia now!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sorento near Honolulu. See local deals