2012 Kia Sorento

8.1

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love My New Kia

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "great price, 3rd row seat, bluetooth nav"

Cons: "more accurate mgp calculation"

"Let me start by saying I have ALWAYS owed a Honda since I was first able to buy a car on my own. But I'm no longer brand loyal. What Honda couldn't give me was the optional 3rd row seat for the price I could afford. I recently bought a 2013 EX with the Premium Package. I considered the CRV, Equinox, RAV4, and others, but they just were too small (we have two kids and if each of them wanted to take a friend somewhere we'd have to take two cars). We recently went on vacation and I was able to take my neice and nephew to a local attraction along with my two kids...love it! Like others though, I was leary about the MPG performance, but I have only seen it improve the more I drive. I now average about 28/mpg. I too saw a difference between the car's calculation of the average mpg and my own math but the gap has closed the more I drive. (my husband works for a dealership and says you have to "break in" the engine to get the performance rating) So far, I'm 3000 miles in and SO happy we chose this vehicle."

Kia Sorento

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I traded a Toyota Camry for my Kia Sorento. The V6 is awesome get up and go. I do wish there was more room in the 2nd and 3rd row, but compared to other vehicles in its price range for the money, IT IS AWESOME! I don't know that I will ever be able to get another vehicle without a back-up camera. The Kia handles well on the roads and drives like a dream. There is not as much road noise as I had inticipated from reading other reviews. The car fits my family perfectly and we have become very pleased with our decision to purchase a KIA!"

2011 Sorento EX V-6

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "I got the $32,890 for $22,540 the sales lady said they lost $800 in the sale"

Cons: "mileage is the only thing I can thing of."

"I have the Limited Package and Premium Package 2 on mine. It is loaded with Pano-roof, heated seats, Navigation Love the ride. Glad I got it instead of the small Sportage...The Sportage you feel every bump. The Sorento is so smooth. The gas mileage is not real good. One time I got 17 mpg and then one time going to Okla I was getting over 30 mpg. But mostly around 20 mpg. So I am looking into trading for the Optima or the sister vehicle Sonata for 35 mpg."

An amazing surprise!

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

"I would have given this rating a solid five stars overall, if the gas mileage was a bit better. I really expected better for a four cylinder. However, to it's credit I really think the vehicle should only support a 6cyl engine. There's a lot of car here to be pulled effectively by four. It's stylish, roomy, loaded with more standard luxury features than my Dh's 2009 Mercedes. (by the way he's jealous that I worked out such an amazing deal at $24K for everything got...plus things his car doesn't even have) :-) I hauled a 5 1/2 foot desk in the back with the seats down with no problem, and my shopping trips to Costco always support the room this winner provides. Smooth and quiet ride...I bought mine in August 2010...almost nine months, and 5200 miles....it's AWD got me through a typical Pittsburgh winter, no problem. All of this after owning Subarus religiously for the last twelve years. Who would have thought! Go Kia!"

Great Overall Value

By on Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"We have the 2011 EX V6 with Premium Package 2 (Nav system & panoramic roof, third row seats). What a terrific vehicle. It provides good road feel, great turning radius, excellent power and handling with a very comfortable interior and amenities. Fuel mileage is very good for a mid-size SUV with a powerful V6. With the Nav system and satellite radio it is perfect for road trips. It tows up to 3,500 lbs. with no problems. We compare it with Mercedes we have owned..they get better with age. So does this 2011 Sorento. The 4 cyl version would beat Honda CRV and is priced right. The V6 is a little pricey, but worth it in the long run. It still beats Chevy, Mazda, Ford and VW competitors that we researched."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sorento near Honolulu. See local deals