2012 Kia Sorento

8.1

Based on 307 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

My 1st New Car is a Kia?? What R U Thinking!!

By on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pros: "Features for Price, V6 AWD that's not thirsty"

Cons: "Sunroof Shades doesn't stay in place for long"

"We bought a 2005 Liberty Limited 4WD V6 from family and immediately discovered we wanted something bigger, with better MPG. Living in WV there is basically no flat land, so you realize the stated MPG ratings don't apply to you. My Jeep was rated 17/22 and I was lucky to get 14/19. Surprisingly I'm averaging 19 for 2012 SX V6 AWD which is rated at 18/24 so that’s not bad in my book for driving mostly in the city. Yes, WV has cities :-) We are picky people so aside from MPG and size we wanted more and for the price and features I just kept coming back to the Kia. Bluetooth and Sirius were standard on all models which are what originally had me looking at this car. We ended up with the premium SX package that included Push Start / Keyless operation, Heated Leather Telescopic Steering Wheel, Leather seats, Heated front power seats, cooled driver seat, Homelink for our garage, Power heated folding mirrors, Dual temperature control with digital settings, Backup camera, Voice command controls that control the touchscreen entertainment and Navigation system, Interior accent lighting, third row seating and rear air conditioning. We also have the Panoramic sunroof that was a separate addon. It also didn’t hurt that the Cup Holders were large enough for the huge fast food cups that we get on long road trips. The crossover rides pretty nice and overall my wife and I, who both swore we would never own a Kia, are very satisfied with this vehicle. The only downsides are the sunroof you have to manually slide the shade back when you open the roof and the noise from the shade when it rattles (I’ve never seen when you manually open and close the shade) 3rd row is tiny, the Bluetooth likes to fight between our two iPhones for the connection and the clips that hold the 3rd row seatbelt broke but the dealership replaced them. It also would have been nice to have the heated rear seats like the Optima of the same year, and that the cooled seat was also available for the passenger."

Unexpected Quality

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Gas economy, great styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"All you need to do is sit in a Sorento and close the door. You'll see what I mean. The door closes with that same sound you would hear in a much more expensive car. It's a solid feel and very comfortable. The only fault is the ride: it's a bit stiff and you'll feel all the bumps. But, I was told the tires were notoriously hard riding. I would probably opt for a softer riding tire from the start. Would I buy another Sorento? You bet I would. For the money, you cannot beat them. People come up to my KIA and tell me how great the styling is. Mine is Red, and after dozens of commercial washes, it still shines like a diamond."

Great Wagon Replacement

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Excellent performance, handling, and amenities."

Cons: "Very few. Some confusing option packages."

"Replaced a much loved Saab 9-5 Turbo wagon and wanted a vehicle with as much oomph and cargo space with AWD and creature comforts. Didn't want to spend over $40K on a Volvo or Audi wagon and after driving at least a dozen candidates it came down to the Subaru Outback and (surprisingly) the Kia Sorento. Though inclined toward a wagon, the Sorento won out on the basis of features, fit and finish, comfort, warranty, and performance in a package that was neither too large nor too small. The KIA has an amazing amount of usable cargo space OR capacity for seven (OK, well five adults and two kids.)Can't have both in a vehicle this size, but the KIA is almost a foot and a half shorter than the Mazda CX-9, for example, and a turning radius that simplifies city driving. The ride is firm and handling is good for a CUV. Doesn't feel like a land yacht on a backroad. Quiet and smooth at speed and spirited performance with the V6 in a two-ton vehicle. (My other car is a Mazda RX-9 and I didn't want a floating barge or a truck.) Hadn't seriously considered a KIA until I read some reviews and confirmed the near luxury (with some exceptions) fit, finish, and features of the interior. Extremely comfortable leather seats, dual panoramic sun/moon roof, (Nice in Seattle to let the light in), and good head,shoulder,hip, and leg room in first two rows. Nice amenities like power folding and curb identifying outside mirrors, keyless entry, memory seats/mirrors, etc. And for our dog and kid, the rear a/c in both the second and third row were especially welcome. Neither the RAV4 nor the CRV offered this feature. Oddly, no power liftgate but it's light and easy to manage. It's no off-roader, of course. But it does include some useful features for "soft roading" like hill descent and take off and most importantly locking 4wd when needed to extricate it from a dicey situation or a muddy or snowy spot. I'm the obsessive researcher in the family and kept extensive notes on everything we drove and looked at. My wife, on the other hand, simply said, "This feels like home," when she drove the Sorento. Since this is more her vehicle than mine, that was the deciding factor."

BEST BUY EVER!!!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2017

Pros: "LOVE TO TAKE LONG TRIPS WITH IT."

Cons: "I HAVE WEATHER TECH MATS ALL THROUGH IT. L THEM."

"I was a auto tech for 30yrs and by far this suv is very impressive. It has 300hp engine and pulls anything better in its class. With voice commands to back up camera and auto backup sensors, bluetooth to just about anything. The 2015 is in a class of its own. I dont like the 2014,2016,2017. They have cut hp and size and that is why the 15 won all of the awards it did,others not even close. I even call it SIR RONTO... LOVE IT.."

Love My New Kia

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "great price, 3rd row seat, bluetooth nav"

Cons: "more accurate mgp calculation"

"Let me start by saying I have ALWAYS owed a Honda since I was first able to buy a car on my own. But I'm no longer brand loyal. What Honda couldn't give me was the optional 3rd row seat for the price I could afford. I recently bought a 2013 EX with the Premium Package. I considered the CRV, Equinox, RAV4, and others, but they just were too small (we have two kids and if each of them wanted to take a friend somewhere we'd have to take two cars). We recently went on vacation and I was able to take my neice and nephew to a local attraction along with my two kids...love it! Like others though, I was leary about the MPG performance, but I have only seen it improve the more I drive. I now average about 28/mpg. I too saw a difference between the car's calculation of the average mpg and my own math but the gap has closed the more I drive. (my husband works for a dealership and says you have to "break in" the engine to get the performance rating) So far, I'm 3000 miles in and SO happy we chose this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sorento near Honolulu. See local deals