Transaction Data

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.7

7.9

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2015 - 2018 models.

Value and comfort

By on Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Pros: "Value, appearance, comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"My Kia Sedona LX is a handsome vehicle. I love the elevated seating position and ever comfortable seating. The instruments are easy to use. The vehicle is quiet and transmission is smooth. The slide and stow seats make it very easy to get to third row. The space behind the third row is adequate for my needs. Overall, I deem the Sedona to be of great value and utility. No recalls yet unlike those other vans."

Best Minivan I ever owned

By on Sunday, May 8, 2016

Pros: "Nice appearance. Quiet interior. Nice drive"

Cons: "Little more Cargo Space. Video system just OK"

"I have owned a Plymouth Voyageur, Honda Oddysey and Volkswagen Routan before this van. Also, before purchasing this van we looked at the Chrysler Town & Country, The Honda Oddysey and the Toyota Sienna. Frankly for overall styling, comfort, functionality, sales and service there wasn't even a close second when comparing the other minivans. We have owned this van for 15 months and it has been incredibly reliable. The buying experience was low pressure and very consumer oriented. Service has been quick and responsive. The vehicle itself drives like a dream. We have 4 teenage kids and there is plenty of room for them. Access in and out is great with the fold up vertical seating. The Chrysler Stow and Go is fine but the seats are puny and don't offer great support. The Kia's vertical push forward second row seats do not disrupt the driver's vision if they are folded forward, is easy to fold up and down and allows for a very comfortable full size seat. The Kia appearance is very nice and has a sportier look (well, as sporty as you can be in a minivan). The interior amenities are really well done and for $4000 to 6000 less then the competition, you get all of the amenities of any full loaded minivan in the market. Room is abundant in all the seating. The driver's seat area is like walking in a lazy boy lounger compared to the diminutive driver space in the Chrysler mini-van (keep in mind I'm only 5'10" tall and it is very tight for me). The Sedona driver cabin allows you to stretch and could comfortably seat a person that is 6'6". Instrumentation is easy to access with minimal to no driver distraction. My only things I wish were better were that there was just a bit more cargo space (although the cargo area is decent). Video system is a fold up at seat level between the first row seats. Would be better to have dual screens on top of each of the first row seats. The single screen is decent size though. Also the fold up storage space between the two front seats has an opening that can either slide or pop up. The sliding function tends to unlock easily. It doesn't spill anything but it is just a slight annoyance. After my first experience with the Sedona, I can easily see myself driving in another Kia passenger car or SUV. The writer of this review could easily afford to drive a Mercedes, BMW or other luxury vehicle. Frankly, the Kia offers a driving experience similar to those luxury SUV vehicles for a relative fraction of the price. Attractive style, smooth and quiet drive with great dealer service and sales. Oh, and of course, the Kia 100,000 or ten year warranty. We had one minor problem with the wiring in one of the electronic sliding doors. It was fixed with no hassle in one day. No bickering about what was and wasn't covered. What's not to like?"

Our Savior!

By on Monday, July 25, 2016

Pros: "Price, Space, Style"

"Picture this. You are loving life driving a 2008 Mazda 5, when a Full size suv slams into your car, never to be driven again. Suddenly you are thrown into a world of 1 kid going to a high school with an expensive tuition, and another joining a soccer league that is about to kill your bank account. On top of this are excuses from the insurance company and the need for a new car. I needed an inexpensive car that could seat at least 6. This meant that not to pricey sedans, hatchbacks, and crossover suvs were out of the question. Since I already owned a van, I figured a van would do. The two least expensive vans were the Nissan Quest and the Kia Sedona. The tie breaker came down to what you get for the price. The sedona is very stylish, and I was able to get a Sedona LX with the Automatic sliding doors and rear dvd system for 28k. This was amazing. I love the Sedona. The cloth is comfortable, the automatic doors are a hit, and the suv like interior/exterior is amazing. The third row seats fold into the floor creating so much space and the second row seats collapse and slide forwars. The radio screen is nice and is colored, and the backup camera is small but very helpful with the big van. We were so pleased with the price that we just bought a Kia Sorento EX V6 for 30k, 6k below the mrsp. It has a power liftgate, leatherette, seating for 7, and AWD. Very happy with Kia."

Who needs a Sienna! Not this guy.

By on Thursday, July 21, 2016

Pros: "Great value for your money. A driver's van!"

Cons: "Not sure of resale value but I don't resell I keep"

"We had a trusty 2006 MPV that came to the end of its life. We drove all the usual suspects for a minivan replacement and were really shocked by the quality of the KIA in comparison to the competition. We got an EX in Dark Blue with a grey leather interior. We would have had to pay 4-5 grand more for a Sienna / Odyssey with the same equipment. First off the van looks great. Looking at the competition the only thing that comes close in the looks department is the Sienna SE. The Odyssey looks like someone glued two different vans together as the front doesn't match the back and the "lightning bolt" design on the side makes it look like the chassis cracked in half. Back to the Sedona....I love the interior of this van, you feel like it should have cost alot more than it did. The dash layout if perfect and the shifter is positioned just where your right hand falls feeling almost like a manual. The controls are clear and intuitive. The van drives very well, I agree it might be a little stiff for some peoples taste but I enjoy the fact that it feels like you are driving the car not just riding in it. The steering feels concise and there is very little body roll. Like all good Dads I wait until I am alone in the van to see what it can really do. I have had speedometer needle pretty far to the right and the van felt great. Yes, you can hear the engine as you should. If you want a completely silent ride buy a Tesla or a good pair of headphones. We have put it through the crawl and swoop of stop and go traffic with the need for a quick lane change and we have had it on the highway for interstate drives. The van does not disappoint on either occasion. If you want a van that looks like a truck, drives like a sedan and let's you take the whole family (yes..even Aunt Bertha) with you then buy a Sedona. The sooner you stop test driving the other vans the sooner you can enjoy this van."

So far so good, great value for the money

By on Saturday, June 4, 2016

Pros: "Great price for all the features you get"

Cons: "Wish gas milage was a LITTLE better but no biggie"

"My wife and I have had our 2016 Sedona EX (with the Premium Package) for a few weeks now and are absolutely loving it! It's very comfortable for long drives, is feature packed and makes us feel like we're flying in a plane in first class seats. The interior really pops! The leather seats are extremely comfortable and the controls are laid out very ergonomically. We looked at the Honda EX-L and Toyota Sienna but hated where they placed the gearshift and their interiors (compared to the Kia's) just plain sucked. Yeah yeah, Honda/Toyota resale value, "You'll need that warranty on the Kia" blah blah blah. If Honda and Toyota are so confident in their cars, why not match Kia and Hyundai's warranty? My wife and I keep our cars for (on average) 15 years so we could care less about re-sale value. Driving with the "eco" mode active, we average about 25MPG on the highway. The transmission shifting is so smooth you don't even feel it. I won't bore you with the tech. specs but I'm spoiled now with all the stuff that is in the premium package.... to the point that my next car must have blind spot detection and Microsoft's UVO system. The tailgate is height adjustable which is really nice since we couldn't fully extend the tailgate in our garage but a few seconds of button pushing corrected that. Handling is exceptional, no issues there. Plenty of storage in the center console. The 2nd row seats are heated so they don't come out but the little "jump seat" in between them DOES. What really sold us on the Sedona was that the 2nd row seats fold up and forward which makes getting into the 3rd row WAY WAY easier compared to the Odyssey and Sienna and the interior.... it's just leaps and bounds better then the Odyssey and Sienna! Back to that gear shift.... what was Honda and Toyota thinking placing it where they did? On our test drive of those 2 vehicles, we accidentally hit it when reaching for the radio/AC controls and in the Sienna, we knocked it into neutral while cruising down the highway. Really bad engineering there. All in all, we're glad we picked the Sedona. The only thing we'll probably add down the road is a sun roof."

cost to you. To do this, we display ads from only trusted partners.