2002 Kia Sedona

7.0

Based on 427 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

7.4/10
    7.1/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10

Best car ever.......

By on Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pros: "Reliability--Easy to drive---Roomy---"

Cons: "Gas is a killer. 12mpg city. 20 mpg hwy."

"I bought my Sedona in Arizona in 2003. I now live in NY. I have traveled all over the country in it an never had a problem . Just normal maintenance. The only down side is gas mileage. A tough nut to crack on a retirement budget so Ill be trading it in for an optima or forte. So sad. If gas was not an issue I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one."

I want to hate it, but...

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"The first year we owned this vehicle we had it in to the dealership about 13 times for warranty work. The check engine light kept coming on. Turns out there was some kind of junk in the emissions system that fouled up just about every sensor in the system. That first year I hated the van. Since then it has never stranded us but once, and that was because the battery went bad. It has never had any major mechanical problems, and since the warranty period (115,000 miles on it now), I've not had to do any other repairs other than regular maintenance. The brakes on this thing are terrible. They don't always stop well. It is difficult to get the tires to lock up. That is my only safety complaint. I want to hate it because it is Kia, but overall this van has served our family well. It has hauled our family on many trips, and even pulls a small trailer up mountain grades with no problems. Kia makes it difficult to do your own repairs, as replacement parts are often dealer only items or at least difficult to find elsewhere. The paint on ours is flaking off all the bumpers and mirrors, and some of original interior trim fell apart quickly. The replacement trim pieces have held up well."

Recurring Motor Mount Problem

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, fast acceleration, handles well."

Cons: "Motor mount problems - replaced 4 times!"

"Overall, I've really enjoyed this van but it's had a recurring problem with the motor mounts. So far, all of those problems have been covered by the warranty. It's had to be repaired 3 times and soon to be the 4th time. I suspect this is a manufacturing defect, although the dealership will not confirm this."

I loved my van

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"I purchased an 02 2.5 years ago (66k miles). I do see a lot of complaints about the front tires and brakes. I did have to repair the brakes at 100k miles, which is normal. I have had to replace the front tires 3 times in 40k miles, which I think is a whole lot when the back ones have held up. I had one minor problem with the spark plugs, but that is normal maintenance and the van door sliders broke, so I paid $300 to have them fixed. Really, overall, the only money I put into it was normal maintenance. I have had no serious issues out of this van, other than the doors and I thought that was crazy for 02 to have that happen. I really do love this van though. It has brought back in forth through several states with no problems AT ALL. It has 112k miles on it and runs SO smooth still. The gas mileage for city is terrible, but during my trip from SC to MS, it got 29 MPG which was awesome. Overall, I really do love it and don't mind putting in a few bucks here and there for repairs. It has never flat left me on the side of the road. It has been problems that I could take care of in a week or two when the $$ was there, but nothing that was a dire emergency. I would suggest a kia to anyone. I was VERY suprised considering I hated Kia's before I got this one. I am a believer in Kia's now."

great deal

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"My wife talked me in to buying her a new Sedona in 2004. I was wanting an Odyssey. After a comparison of both vehicles with the same options, the Kia outshined Honda. She has driven her van for 3+ years with only a change of tires, filters, and oil. It still looks as good as the day it was purchased. I recently purchased the 2007 Optima I was so pleased."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Sedona near Honolulu. See local deals