2012 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Good Value

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, realiable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, wonders at high speeds (70+)"

"I bought this car a little over a month ago. I went from a Dodge Journey with AWD to this little car. I no longer have a long drive for work, so I didn't see the need in having a big car like that anymore. My boyfriend had recently purchased a Kia Forte Koup and I love that car. I decided that I wanted a little car too. I test drove the Kia Rio 5 and fell in love. The ride is a little stiff, and I am still getting used to the resposive steering, but honestly I have very few complaints. My biggest issues are that I do not have cruise control (which is kind of my fault as I could have purchased an after market kit that they would have installed) and it tends to be a little squirrly on the interstate (although if I do drive the speed limit, it isn't so bad) I love this car. It is quick and peppy through town and it does suprisinly well in the snow, which in Vermont is super important. The icing on the cake was how super helpful and friendly the dealership staff are where I bought it. I am excited to really start putting the miles on this car."

My First Small Auto @ 64

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "I haven't found one yet"

"I'm 64, newly widowed (08/28/2011) when I traded a paid for 2011 Ford Tranist XL w/ all opts on 11/2011 for my 2012 Kia Rio SX Hatchback! People thought I was nuts, but yes the other was paid for but to big for just me & it was a consitant reminder of my soulmate of 44 yrs now gone. I wasn't looking to really trade, but when I saw the Kia Rio just liked its look right away, then I sat in the seat, AWWW - started it up & drove it - WOW! It handles like a dream even on ice and snow! Easy to park and fun to drive! The stero / CD / Bluetooth / MP3 & USB plug - great easy to use while driving! Stering wheel has all controls for operating accessories, including hands free dailing & talking. I am not a skinny woman & the RioSX's seats are ROOMY and COMFORTABLE!! This is a great car and I can fold the passenger & back seats down and have a TON of room (even when I buy lumber)for some major shopping & not counting my grandchildren love it too! They've told me it is a "FUN COOL" car, not an "OLD FOLKS" car! The MPG is not bad at all either! I will defintely buy another!"

GAS Mileage

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Drives well - has a solid feel and great pickup!"

Cons: "No arm rest. console, between two front seats"

"When purchased NEW in August 2012, it was advertised as "38 miles to the gallon". This was not an estimate, but a firm number. KIA realized their mistake and started issuing "rebates" because the car would never attain 38...30 to 32 was more like it. Since receiving a check from KIA after 3 months of driving, there have been no further statements made by KIA for additional compensation.(?) The car developed a "rattle" on the inside behind the instrument panel...no one seems to be able to locate it."

All around great for a first time car buyer!

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Sporty, Convenient, and Comfy."

Cons: "Cheap Speakers and No Vanity Lights."

"This vehicle was my first new car purchase. I have owned the vehicle for approximately 10 months now. I love the convenience of the hatchback v.s. a sedan, allowing for the extra cargo room. The exterior is sporty, but doesn't have the added insurance price! Very maneuverable in tight circumstances. A comfortable ride to and from work. I average 34 MPG with an overall commute of 35 miles/day. With a somewhat active lifestyle, I can easily attach bike racks and luggage carriers. Only negative I have is the standard, low quality, stereo speakers. And the fact that the new Kumho tires it came with, are bad to pick up small rocks and stones. But after some wear and tear on the tires that seems to have gotten better and less rocks are being thrown!"

KIA Killed It

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pros: "Price, Sunroof, Bluetooth, Fun to drive"

Cons: "I'd like my hatch to open automatically"

"I'll be completely honest. I bought this car after doing a lot of research, test drives, and having a bottle of merlot on President's Day weekend. For the record, the test drives and wine happened on different days. I couldn't be more pleased at what I got for my money. I decided to go big or go home. I got the top model with the sunroof, fancy wheels, navigation, etc. If I was going back to having a car payment, I wanted to make it count. I can honestly say, KIA came in at the best price, and gives me SO MUCH for my money. I don't need to use my car for commuting (thanks MTBA), but I have to park in Southie (Boston). This car can fit anywhere. Also, it's terrifc on weekend trips. I get just over 40mpg with it. There is a ton of room, and I love the hatchback for pets, groceries, and boxes of wine. The durability of the wheels make me a little nervous sometimes. I tend to go out of my way to avoid potholes, but I think I am just getting used to the thinner tires. That's more my problem than KIA's. Also, every time I brush a curb I spout profanity because I know I just scraped my chrome. I'm a picky girl. I will drive this car into the ground."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals