2012 Kia Rio

8.2

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

If you can buy this car get it !

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks, gas milage , Euro style"

Cons: "Seats"

"Have had my red EX for 2 1/2 years and can say it is great , ride good ,quite inside , European looks (like Seat Leon) and the fact that is is 97% recyclable is also a plus for the environment. Get many people ask me if brought this back from Europe and love the car. Have had to do nothing but change the oil , air filter and cabin filter on it better record that my last Mazda 3 only things to note are gas mileage is less than advertised (but Kia has program to reimburse owners for the life of the car the difference in cash) and the seats on long hauls bit uncomfortable ) but they are made from caster beans so price I pay for the fact they can be recycled) recommend highly."

Love this car!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Design, reliability, fuel economy"

Cons: "Seat comfort, acceleration"

"I drive a 4 door Kia Rio LX, and I can't say enough good things about this car. I'm so pleased with it! I have a long daily commute, and this car has made the hour long drive much more enjoyable! I am pleased with the gas mileage- I get about 28 in the city (I live in a very mountainous region) and 35+ on the highway. I do drive the car pretty hard, which is why my mileage is a bit lower than others, even with the ECO. It came with a lot of standard features, and the only upgrade I added was the power package. The car has great visibility- I have very few blind spots. The Rio also handles really well. And you can literally park it anywhere! Despite the good aspects of this vehicle, there are a few things I'd change. The seats aren't super comfortable. They aren't UNconfortable, but they aren't the greatest. I think this is because they have built-in airbags, so I guess safety is the trade off. I wish it had a little more torque. Sometimes I have to floor it to get on the interstate. Once the speed is up, it has no problem maintaining, but it takes a while to accelerate. Overall this is an excellent vehicle for a single person looking for efficient, reliable transportation that doesn't look bad!"

good commuter car

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "fantastic fuel economy and fun to drive"

Cons: "slow to accelerate, no power locks/windows"

"I have really enjoyed my Rio so far. I think I probably should have opted for the power pack because there is no way to unlock the back doors from the outside without reaching around the door frame to unlock the door from the inside. Other than that it has been great. The fuel economy with Eco boost on is around 34 mpg in the city and I have gotten as high as 43.3 mpg on the highway. Usual highway mpg is around 38 or 39 mpg. Without the eco boost on, it is only 30-36 mpg. It is a little slow to pick up speed, unless you remember to move the shifter to the left and use the manual shift option and downshift one gear. It will downshift for you if you forget, but it won't upshift on it's own in manual mode. You definitely want to scotchguard the seat fabric or get seat covers. The fabric they use stains easily. If I trade mine it, it will probably be the same car in tropical red with black/tan interior and the power pack."

Boy did I get lucky

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Very functional, high tech, fun, with personality"

Cons: "Visibility, can't see the extents of the car"

"I have a 2013 red Rio SX M/T (for Manual Transmission). One out of supposedly 500 cars for a marketing test of a high level Compact Hatchback with manual 6-Speed. The fact that the "regular" Rio SX is only available with automatic would have been a deal breaker for me. The drivetrain is amazing. Very smooth with great low end torque and flawless clutch action. The car is very quiet on the inside and handling is very compliant despite the standard 205/45 17" wheels which make it handle like running on rails. The level of electronic and advanced equipment of the "Power Package (without sun roof & heated leather seats in this particular version)" can be intimidating, but it all makes sense. It is designed for good ergonomics and it is very functional. With 1,500 miles it is obviously too early to assess long-term reliability. I must say, however, that appearance and initial quality at delivery were flawless. Yes, I love to drive with a mission. My trade-in was a low mileage VW Golf Turbo. I love this car. One caveat: Due to extreme, integrated exterior and steeply angled, high belt-line, visibility and maneuverability take some getting used to. No indication of where the car ends and where the wheels are, when it comes to parking and pin-point driving."

My first new car!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Price, Beautiful Interior and Exterior!"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I bought this car a couple of days ago and I've already had a chance to put a couple of hundred miles on it due to my commute to and from work. I didn't get the fancy package however. I got the basic Rio GDI Automatic. It has roll down windows, manual locks and no fancy bluetooth or GPS. It is simple, yet I love this car so much! I have been driving a 2002 Kia Spectra GSX for nearly 3 years prior and It lasted me a while, but it was time to actually get a new car. The guys at the dealership worked with me and I was out within 5 hours with a brand new car! So far I love it! It has pick up and go when I need it, cold A/C, good Gas Mileage and an AWESOME Stereo! I cannot express how much I love my Rio."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals