2011 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 199 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Great Value, Great Car, 150,000 miles!!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"We own a 2006 Rio5 SX with an automatic. This car has been used as a company car since day one. It only 26 months old but it has over 150,000 miles on it. We have had zero problems. We have kept up on all the maintenance and replaced the timing belts on time. But for having over 150,000 miles it still looks and runs like a brand new car. We plan to run this car for at least another 50,000 miles then buy another one."

Great Commuter Car

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "price, mileage, looks"

Cons: "size"

"For the price and quality compared with other vehicles from the same year and size, this car is dependable, sporty, roomy (based on size), refined and very easy to drive. If I had more than a 40 mile, one hour commute one way then I would recommend a larger car (I am 6'3")."

Big Guy, Little Car

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I have owned my 2007 Rio for a year now. I commute 60 miles each way to work, 5 days a week. I am 6 feet tall and weigh over 300 lbs. I find this car comfortable, and it gets great gas mileage. (usually 33 mph) It will never win a race, but handles 80 mph quite well."

Not worth it

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"I have had nothing but problems with this car. I have been back and forth with Kia on my starting issues and get told they cannot find anything wrong with it Now its out of warranty now they find the issue and will not cover it"

I will never buy anything but KIA

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I got my KIA in 2006. It is the best vehicle I have ever driven. It's always been reliable transportation, and I haven't had one minute of worry about it. I will continue to drive KIA's."

decent

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "high winds on interstate blow car around a bit."

"i like this car. it gets you where you need to go for cheap. great gas mileage. i once got 57 mpg going between 75 and 85(it was hilly ha). i've noticed accelerating around 50pmh the car really slows down but after 55 it speeds back up. only problems i've had was the horn went out twice and the seat air bag went out and the front passenger door lock actuator went out recently. great for weaving in and out of traffic due to its small size. nice suspension/handling. cant wait to see how many miles i can put on it."

Beats the Aveo, Fiesta, and Sentra

By on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pros: "MPG, Handling, AC, sound system"

Cons: "Accelertion, rear crash test, high speed shifting"

"The car gets a combined 28 MPG with my foot in the pedal constantly. The vehicle is a little slow to accelerate however; common aftermarket modifications solve this problem. Wider tires in the rear really improve already good handling but keep an eye on the front tire wear. My washer fluid motor had to be replaced but that is the only problem I have had in 12000 miles. Also, review the rear crash test rating and consider placing backseat passengers in the center seat. Finally, the transmission jerks when quickly accelerating up hill at interstate speeds."

not worth it at all

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"i bought it brand new and ever since then i have had problems the wheel barring went out befor 40k miles the timming belt went at 50k problem with sensors its just been a big waste of time."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Bought the LX model brand new in 2006 and haven't had a single problem with it! Just recently moved to the mountains where there is lots of dirt and dust and snow and ice (compared to the city) and it has held up quite nicely! Great little car (it's in the shop right now after a hit & run accident... poor Rio!) and would definitely buy again and recommend to a friend."

First NEW Car

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"My husband and I just bought our NEW 2008 Kia Rio LX in October 2008 and we are pretty happy with it. We got a great deal of $12,081 before taxes and fees. Partly because the 2009 Kia's are about to be released and they want to move the current stock out. PROS: Affordable, great MPG, large trunk space & that can get larger with fold down seats, maneuverability, safety, great 5 year/60k warranty bumper to bumper except things that are made to wear such as break pads or belts, Also has 10yr/100k warranty, comfortable front seats, when we have kids the backseat is great in terms of easy clean fabric and multiple carseat anchors, and it looks cute and stylish. CONS: Because so cheap and cheerful we don't have power locks/windows or cruise control. This, in my mind, is a small inconvenience that we can work around easily. The back seat is small in terms of leg room and isn't nearly as comfortable as the front seat. I have heard the resell value would not stand up to say a Honda but if you plan to keep the car for 3-5years there shouldn't be a problem. Overall this is a great car that is cheap and cheerful and a perfect starter car for a new and growing family."

this is a very good little car

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "reliable and very good fuel economy"

Cons: "really nothing"

"Great car!I have driven this car daily for 4 years and can honestly say that this car has never wanted anything except for coil packs (3) and power steering belts (2). Very good powerfor daily driving with exellent handling characteristics. The pros are simple very reliable and very good car with a nice ammount of space. The cons are if you drive in either a city or a mountainous area the AC needs to off or turned down"

Great Buy!

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Good value for the money, reliable."

Cons: "Ride could be smoother, not super roomy."

"I love my little Kia Rio. I was strapped for cash and picked it up from a rental company with 40,000 miles. It now has 110,000 and runs great. Recently had an expensive repair as the timing belt broke, but it was my own fault as I didn't realize it needed to be replaced at a certain mileage. Super gas mileage, very easy to maneuver. I am likely to replace this Rio with a new one at some point. This one still runs great so I have no immediate plans to trade in, but it's a great buy for the price."

Great car, Gas saver, Great price.

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"This car is not expensive at all, I love that it is gas efficient. at 84,000 miles runs great. When I change it I will get the newest model. love this car."

Good buy for the price, excellent fuel economy

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "Great fuel economy"

Cons: "No power steering"

"I got my 2007 Rio new for under $10,000, stripped down model no power anything. I get excellent mileage(over 40mpg city) and use the car daily for work. No frills, no bells or whistles just a simple straight forward driver. No complaints on the fit, finish or mechanicals of the Rio. 5 speed manual, shifts nice, handles well. Service at the stealership is another matter."

Very reliable

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I bought for $6000 a little over a year ago with 62k miles on it. Very good deal, car has been awesome. I think brand new maybe a little over priced but great deal if you can find one used. Mine has 95k miles on it now and drives like it did when I bought it. Its pretty fun to zip around in and suprisingly pretty good in the snow. I wouldnt buy anything other then a Kia or Hyundai. My only complaint...to small for me. I am ready for a 2011 Sportage"

Great car

By on Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Only real complaint is the cruise control. It is hidden behind the steering wheel and you cannot see the buttons you're pressing. It would have made a lot better sense for it to be on the steering wheel itself. The only other thing about it I don't like is the seatbelt/door sound sounds like a cheap toy. I do love the zip and the handling of the car, and it does get good mileage. great intro sedan for a college student or starting family."

Good car

By on Saturday, September 12, 2009

"I really do like this car. It is compact, but does have a roomy interior. I wish the center counsel was set up a little bit differently and also that they gave 2 power sources (for charging cell phone, etc) instead of blocking one off."

yay my first car

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"I've had it for 3 years and it still looks, smells, and runs like new!!!! I love my car!! NO problems at all, just routine mait. THAT'S IT! SET IT AND FORGET IT!"

Problematic Car

By on Monday, March 23, 2009

"I have owned this car for 2 years. It ran ok for 15K or so then the check engine would come on and go off at will. The car now has 36k on it. The flashing check engine light now comes and goes. At last count all 4 ignition assys, spark plugs, and fuel pressure sensor had been replaced. Not a reliable car, looking for a new one. Only good thing to say about it is 40mpg when the check engine light is off."

My Opinion

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Overall I am very satisfied with the car. For a college student I am very happy. On the other hand the maintenance and work on the kia is "VERY" expensive. I think that if I had another choice I would have second thoughts about buying this car. For example an oil change costs close to $50 dollars. If you are well off then go ahead and get it otherwise I would think twice about it. Finally what sealed the deal for me was the warranty on the car, which is fantastic."

Best Compact Car Ever

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"This car is very affordable. Low maintenace. Great mileage. Great for someone just starting their credit."

great car

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"we bought this car becuase of the price and it is great. Nice exterior look and nice interior. large trunk"

Great Value

By on Friday, September 7, 2007

"This vehicle has been very dependable and a great car to travel in. In the military, so it was cheap and one of the best cars I have ever owned."

Love my Kia Rio Hatchback

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

"I was not originally in the market for a Kia. I was looking for a Hatch either mazda or subaru. I have always wanted a subaru impreza wagon and in all honesty will most likely get one in a couple of years when I am in a more financially stable situation. But I do love this little car. It looks good (I think the LX 5 version is the only one I could ever be atracted to) and it drives really well. Great gas mileage, nice hatch look and fully manual. I love it. Highly recommend it as a nice starter car or extra family car."

Best Small Car for the Money

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Great Price"

Cons: "Low Resale Value"

"I just bought this car used and I love it. I went from driving trucks to this little car, but it has plenty of seat room and trunk space. I love the gas mileage and the way it drives, so glad I bought this car, used at that!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals