2011 Kia Rio

8.1

Based on 199 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Great Value, Great Car, 150,000 miles!!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"We own a 2006 Rio5 SX with an automatic. This car has been used as a company car since day one. It only 26 months old but it has over 150,000 miles on it. We have had zero problems. We have kept up on all the maintenance and replaced the timing belts on time. But for having over 150,000 miles it still looks and runs like a brand new car. We plan to run this car for at least another 50,000 miles then buy another one."

Great Commuter Car

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "price, mileage, looks"

Cons: "size"

"For the price and quality compared with other vehicles from the same year and size, this car is dependable, sporty, roomy (based on size), refined and very easy to drive. If I had more than a 40 mile, one hour commute one way then I would recommend a larger car (I am 6'3")."

Big Guy, Little Car

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I have owned my 2007 Rio for a year now. I commute 60 miles each way to work, 5 days a week. I am 6 feet tall and weigh over 300 lbs. I find this car comfortable, and it gets great gas mileage. (usually 33 mph) It will never win a race, but handles 80 mph quite well."

Not worth it

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"I have had nothing but problems with this car. I have been back and forth with Kia on my starting issues and get told they cannot find anything wrong with it Now its out of warranty now they find the issue and will not cover it"

I will never buy anything but KIA

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I got my KIA in 2006. It is the best vehicle I have ever driven. It's always been reliable transportation, and I haven't had one minute of worry about it. I will continue to drive KIA's."

decent

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "high winds on interstate blow car around a bit."

"i like this car. it gets you where you need to go for cheap. great gas mileage. i once got 57 mpg going between 75 and 85(it was hilly ha). i've noticed accelerating around 50pmh the car really slows down but after 55 it speeds back up. only problems i've had was the horn went out twice and the seat air bag went out and the front passenger door lock actuator went out recently. great for weaving in and out of traffic due to its small size. nice suspension/handling. cant wait to see how many miles i can put on it."

Beats the Aveo, Fiesta, and Sentra

By on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pros: "MPG, Handling, AC, sound system"

Cons: "Accelertion, rear crash test, high speed shifting"

"The car gets a combined 28 MPG with my foot in the pedal constantly. The vehicle is a little slow to accelerate however; common aftermarket modifications solve this problem. Wider tires in the rear really improve already good handling but keep an eye on the front tire wear. My washer fluid motor had to be replaced but that is the only problem I have had in 12000 miles. Also, review the rear crash test rating and consider placing backseat passengers in the center seat. Finally, the transmission jerks when quickly accelerating up hill at interstate speeds."

not worth it at all

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"i bought it brand new and ever since then i have had problems the wheel barring went out befor 40k miles the timming belt went at 50k problem with sensors its just been a big waste of time."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Bought the LX model brand new in 2006 and haven't had a single problem with it! Just recently moved to the mountains where there is lots of dirt and dust and snow and ice (compared to the city) and it has held up quite nicely! Great little car (it's in the shop right now after a hit & run accident... poor Rio!) and would definitely buy again and recommend to a friend."

First NEW Car

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"My husband and I just bought our NEW 2008 Kia Rio LX in October 2008 and we are pretty happy with it. We got a great deal of $12,081 before taxes and fees. Partly because the 2009 Kia's are about to be released and they want to move the current stock out. PROS: Affordable, great MPG, large trunk space & that can get larger with fold down seats, maneuverability, safety, great 5 year/60k warranty bumper to bumper except things that are made to wear such as break pads or belts, Also has 10yr/100k warranty, comfortable front seats, when we have kids the backseat is great in terms of easy clean fabric and multiple carseat anchors, and it looks cute and stylish. CONS: Because so cheap and cheerful we don't have power locks/windows or cruise control. This, in my mind, is a small inconvenience that we can work around easily. The back seat is small in terms of leg room and isn't nearly as comfortable as the front seat. I have heard the resell value would not stand up to say a Honda but if you plan to keep the car for 3-5years there shouldn't be a problem. Overall this is a great car that is cheap and cheerful and a perfect starter car for a new and growing family."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Rio near Honolulu. See local deals