2011 Kia Optima

Based on 367 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Frugal Luxury

By on Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pros: "Great price, fun, youthful, stylish"

Cons: "Tires, Steering Feel"

Just got the keys

"My prior car was great don't get me wrong, and I really wasn't planning on purchasing anything when we went to look at Kia's, but we test drove my Dark Cherry Optima EX and immediately fell in love. It's very fun to drive, comfortable, and has more options than any other vehicle we cross shopped it with. Mine is fully loaded with Infinity Sound, Panoramic Roof, heated/cooled leather in the front, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, back up cam, and keyless entry/go. Sure there are some trim surfaces of questionable quality in the interior, but everything else feels soft, plush, and quality. Not a single thing has gone wrong with the vehicle that I didn't cause personally, the only things I will say about the car that I don't like is the tires that Kia puts on them, and we had to have the dealer update the "steering profile" so that the steering actually had feeling. The Nexen tires are soft, wear quickly, are loud, and are not grippy at all in wet or winter weather. I plan on getting a set of Continental's on it and that will immediately fix all of the issues I currently have with it. I would recommend Kia to ANYONE, and will be getting a Cadenza next!"

Just got the keys

great car for the price

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

"this is my 3 rd kia and i love it !! gas milage in about 35 mpg highway and i drive about 80 percent highway driving my only gripe is that the seats are too low and rather flat my wife hit a deer on the interstate with this car doing 65 mph and it held up beautifully having heavy front end damage which our auto insurance covered the optima is rock solid on the highway bluetooth and xm radio are an upgrade for us also the power seat is very useful to us"

Exceptional value!

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "Price, performance, looks and warranty."

Cons: "Trunk opening."

"The Optima SX Turbo (2011) has the looks, performance and overall quality of cars that sell for considerably more money. The ability to use regular gas is a plus and while the MPG quoted for this model is optimistic it should be attainable with a light right foot. The biggest complaint is the trunk opening had to make concessions to the styling folks. The trunk opening is too small to fit a cooler through without difficulty. The actual storage area, once bulky items have made it through the tight trunk opening is spacious but is compromised by the inexpensive hinge mechanism that protrudes down into the trunk. Short of these two complaints, KIA has really come a long way and quickly. This is a car well worth looking at."

Dream car

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

Pros: "Gorgeous; looks expensive; easy to handle"

Cons: "Needs faster W wipers; A/C warmer when car stopped"

"I've been in love with this car ever since being given a Kia Optima as a loaner car a couple years ago when getting my 2007 Kia Spectra serviced. It became a dream car ... one more attainable than an "official" luxury car but still pretty pricey, even the late-model used versions. I literally prayed to have the car. By chance, I was internet Optima-shopping in June, input my information in the "price watch" section per a couple of Optimas, and next thing I knew I was in a text conversation with a salesman at a Kia dealership 2.5 hours away. He wanted to know what kind of "crazy deal' would get me to come that far to car-shop. Long story short, I got a 2015 ex-rental Optima — very slight cosmetic damage, still gorgeous, 31,000 miles – for $14,500 minus about $2,000 on my trade-in. I have had the car for close to three months now and am loving it. This car is eight years younger than my last ... I'm still getting used to all the technology added to cars since then, plus the other luxuries that the Optima affords."

FAVORITE VEHICLE I'VE OWNED

By on Friday, May 20, 2016

Pros: "GREAT ACCELERATION, SPORTY HANDLING, A FUN RIDE!"

Cons: "ROAD NOISE COULD BE LESS"

"I BOUGHT THIS KIA SX USED, (1 YEAR OLD, 10K MI) & HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH THIS CAR OVERALL. AMAZING POWER FOR A 4-CYL, ALTHOUGH MPG IS LESS THAN CLAIMED, BUT I RARELY USE THE OPTIONAL "ECO" SETTING. MANY OPTIONS COME STANDARD WITH THIS MODEL, INTERIOR IS ROOMY & TRUNK CAPACITY SEEMS HUGE! IF I COULD THINK OF A COMPLAINT (WHICH I REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY) WOULD PROBABLY BE THE ROAD NOISE COMING UP FROM UNDER THE CAR-IT COULD BE LESS, BUT IT'S NOT SEVERE. FWD MAKES IT A SPORTY HANDLER & FUN TO DRIVE. NO PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR, JUST ROUTINE SERVICE DURING THE 2 YEARS I'VE OWNED IT."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals