2003 Kia Optima

7.8

Based on 333 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

I love this car. I bought it new and

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, confortable, luxurious but inexpensive."

Cons: "air bag sensor light keeps coming on"

"I've driven it 100000 miles already, never has let me down. And I don't expect it to. Still runs smooth on the road. It looks luxurious. The inside is spacious and the leather and wood trim interior is beautiful. The only thing that bothers me has been the air bag light keeps coming on. When I had the waranty I took it in all the time for this,the reason they gave me it was that the sensor is very delicate so it triggers. But there was never a real problem so I just stop caring. Never had a problem with it. Kia really did a great job with this model."

I will buy this make and model again

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

"I have had this car for 8 years and I have not had a major problem with it. I will actually trade it in for the 2012 Optima"

Best car I've owned

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seats; Solid performance; smooth ride"

"I bought this car used in 2003 (23,000 miles)and it is Oct 2011 and I have 190,000 miles. It has been the most reliable car I've owned. Very minor maintenance issues; love the way it drives. I think Kia has very comfortable seats (especially compared to many of the economy models out today) and it is solid. We just had to replace the power steering hose this month and flush the brake fluid. Otherwise, very low maintenance, other than regular oil changes and other standard maintenance. Solid, safe car! Minor complaints: Passenger window motor broke @ about 100,000 miles; passenger door handle actually split in half one cold morning when there was ice on it (it's plastic). Otherwise, I'd buy another Kia in a minute."

Kia a suprise in comfort

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"I have never been a fan of a small car, especially cheap small cars, but this Kia has had no issues at all and is very reliable and inexpensive to operate. Simple parts such as a replacement battery(I replace the battery at 4 years old in every vehicle I own to avoid problems) must be purchased from the Kia dealer as local parts stores do not carry the battery( which had to be ordered by the dealer and took over a week to get), and replacement parts for the Kia are very expensive. The car runs well and is very comfortable to drive."

2004 Kia optima

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I have owned my car now for going on 6 years. I got the car from the dealer brand new. I have replaced the head lights about 17 times and Kia will not do anything to help. Keep in mind headlights in NY, at lest for this car is about $14 a pop! I found sometimes the lights in the Dash go out, if you slap it like a old TV it will work again! The Power steering went and i had to replace it i guess after a few years you should expect it however come to find out this car is on recall for those parts! I never got a letter about it! If you buy a kia make sure you find out as much about it as possible the little things add up quickly and power steering down the line WILL give you problems! The return line part is $100 the compression is $130 the belt you can get for about $25, the work is expensive!""

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals