2003 Kia Optima

7.8

Based on 333 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

I will buy this make and model again

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

"I have had this car for 8 years and I have not had a major problem with it. I will actually trade it in for the 2012 Optima"

Best car I've owned

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seats; Solid performance; smooth ride"

"I bought this car used in 2003 (23,000 miles)and it is Oct 2011 and I have 190,000 miles. It has been the most reliable car I've owned. Very minor maintenance issues; love the way it drives. I think Kia has very comfortable seats (especially compared to many of the economy models out today) and it is solid. We just had to replace the power steering hose this month and flush the brake fluid. Otherwise, very low maintenance, other than regular oil changes and other standard maintenance. Solid, safe car! Minor complaints: Passenger window motor broke @ about 100,000 miles; passenger door handle actually split in half one cold morning when there was ice on it (it's plastic). Otherwise, I'd buy another Kia in a minute."

Kia a suprise in comfort

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"I have never been a fan of a small car, especially cheap small cars, but this Kia has had no issues at all and is very reliable and inexpensive to operate. Simple parts such as a replacement battery(I replace the battery at 4 years old in every vehicle I own to avoid problems) must be purchased from the Kia dealer as local parts stores do not carry the battery( which had to be ordered by the dealer and took over a week to get), and replacement parts for the Kia are very expensive. The car runs well and is very comfortable to drive."

2004 Kia optima

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I have owned my car now for going on 6 years. I got the car from the dealer brand new. I have replaced the head lights about 17 times and Kia will not do anything to help. Keep in mind headlights in NY, at lest for this car is about $14 a pop! I found sometimes the lights in the Dash go out, if you slap it like a old TV it will work again! The Power steering went and i had to replace it i guess after a few years you should expect it however come to find out this car is on recall for those parts! I never got a letter about it! If you buy a kia make sure you find out as much about it as possible the little things add up quickly and power steering down the line WILL give you problems! The return line part is $100 the compression is $130 the belt you can get for about $25, the work is expensive!""

Mileage reliable everything else not......

By on Monday, August 3, 2009

"I have an 03 Optima and at first I thought it was an outstanding vehicle. I do a lot of driving in the car so need reliability and this car just doesn't have it 100%. I'm at 104,000 miles with this car and had to have the belts replaced and the engine worked on, paid out of pocket since the warranty would not cover it. A loop hole that KIA uses to get out of paying things it's in the contract and manual so make sure you do all the maintenance that is suggested and only with KIA including oil changes. Since being worked on the car does not drive the same and this is through a KIA service department. I have times when I'm backing up and the air is on full the engine might stall when I stop the car and put into drive. Leaving you to back the car up first then accelerate forward a bit before turning the air on to let the car warm up some. The power locks went out just recently so now I can't get into or out of my vehicle through the drivers side I have to crawl across the passenger side. That is thanks to that special locking function that they have on the vehicle turn the key and all doors unlock. No matter if the tires are balanced and rotated the car has a bit of a shake in the steering wheel and after awhile things start to really rattle in the car unless you get up to about 65 then it subsides a little. Vehicle is only 6 years old and the paint has wear on it like the clear coat has tried to peel away from the car no matter how well I wash and polish the vehicle. The only thing I can commend on this car is that the mileage is great I can get 425+ on the highway which is quite a lot considering and in the city I'm about right at 370-400 depending on the conditions and running the air a lot. The owner loyalty is great with KIA they do respect you when you come back and most of the time the incentives are good. The car really looses value in a short amount of time making it really hard to trade-in or sell. Buyers I would be leery about making a KIA purchase unless you are looking to own for a short time and trade these do not make for long term vehicles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Optima near Honolulu. See local deals