2018 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.5

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2014 - 2018 models.

My first new car

By on Friday, December 15, 2017

Pros: "Great price and a great ride!"

Cons: "Kind of tight getting in and out of."

"I picked this car up at 35 miles and I love driving it! I love this car! Looks nice and a smooth ride. Comfort and convenience lost a point as it is taking some getting use to getting in and out of the car but once you are in, it fits like a glove! When I was shopping for a car, Kia was not an option until I looked up the Toyota Yaris and found it lacking in the initial quality ratings as were the other cars I was looking at (Ford Focus and Ford Fiesta). I found the 2017 Kia Forte won Best Initial Quality by J.D. Powers and that put Kia on my radar and it put me into one!"

After 4 Honda Accords, Im hooked!

By on Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Pros: "comfort, size, gas mileage, value"

Cons: "really, no cruise?, low seating position,"

"I bought my 2017 Forte LX automatic one week ago. I was impressed at the number of features for the money and the comfort! The gas mileage is amazing! I have had four Honda Accords since 1993 and I am hooked on Kia! I would have never even considered another make but Honda, but this Kia really wowed me. Honda has priced me out of their entire lineup and I needed a replacement for my last Accord, an 03 V6 EX sedan with 250K miles and a slipping transmission. I looked at Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford, Hyundai, and finally at Kia. The car is so impressive with its features, mileage, warranty, and comfort for the price! Mine is a CPO with 19K miles that I bought for 12K! The nicest Civic that I looked at with the same price has over 100K miles and was five years old. I hope that my Kia gives me many miles of service since I tend to keep my cars until they lie down and die. The only negative aspect that I have discovered is the lack of cruise control. I hardly use this feature, but in 2017, even the most base cars of most lines have cruise. Wake up Kia/Hyundai!"

The right balance of punchy and practical

By on Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Pros: "Sporty and fun while being practical."

Cons: "The racer kids wont think it is cool"

"I have owned many compact wagons and hatchbacks over the last two decades. A couple years ago my wife bought a 2015 Forte 5 SX. I loved driving hers so much, I choose to get one of my own. I understand that for the wanna-be racer set, this is not on par with THE hot hatch, but as I mentioned I have had many similar shaped cars including a wagon from THE brand and it was a total money drain (as is consistent with cars from that side of the pond). The SX has enough punch to make on ramps and passing a joy, but has the creature comforts and good mileage to make the real everyday driving most of us do affordable and enjoyable."

1 YEAR DOWN AND LOVING IT

By on Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive, Gas mileage,"

Cons: "Seats on extended trips"

"I purchased this car in March of 2016 with 42 miles on it. I have driven to Cleveland from Austin to see family, have used it for other road trips and many drives across central texas. The car handles well I never get under 30mpg in City and it is still going strong. In fact it drives better the more I drive it. Everyone who drives my vehicle is surprised by how much power it actually has and how smooth the ride is. Maybe not for everyone but I love my Kia."

4 year old car needs a new engine

By on Thursday, February 15, 2018

"This car looks sharp inside and out but thats about it. I bought it used about a year and a half ago with 42,000 miles on it. Everything was fine for the first year. It drives smooth but doesnt have as much power or pep as the Mazda 3 I traded in. Ive changed the oil within 3,500 mile intervals, had brake pads and rotors replaced and and some sort of flushing that was required due to the GDI engine. About two weeks ago a loud clicking started happening anytime I accelerated. Of course Im past the Kia warranty period because the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty drops to 5 years and 60,000 miles for the second owner. Ive had the mechanic look at the clicking sound and theyre telling me one of the cylinders is damaged beyond repair and that Ill likely need a new engine. I thinks its absolutely ridiculous that a properly maintained 4 year vehicle is in need of a new engine. And to make matters worse, my extended warranty company is fighting me every step of the way and doing everything they can to deny my claim. So it looks like I will need to pay out of pocket to replace an engine on a 4 year old car that I just paid off. I will never buy another Kia vehicle nor will I ever recommend one to friend, family, or foe."

cost to you. To do this, we display ads from only trusted partners.