2013 Kia Forte

Based on 238 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Dependable, comfortable, good mpg

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Value, dependability, manual transmission"

Cons: "cheap interior materals as expected"

"I purchased the "ad" car that was featured in my local Kia dealer's newspaper ad--it is the base model Forte with manual transmission, manual window, manual locks. It is a basic package, and exactly what I was looking for! Now with 20,000 miles, I can review with experience. Fuel consumption: worst: 31mpg, best 38 mpg--averaging 33-34. Interior: lots of plastic, most of it has a soft surface and scratches easily. Left door panel nicked from when I release my seat belt and clasp is drawn over to the left--it slams into the door panel. Seat upholstery stains easily, Carpet, if you can call it that, is very thin.In short, it is an inexpensive car with an inexpensive interior. Infotainment: I like the Bluetooth enabled audio system. I regularly stream content from my BlackBerry, and the connection is dependably seamless. The microphone however is quite tinny--when I speak on the telephone, the person on the other end frequently has difficulty understanding me. Mechanical: No dependability issues. I have observed however that when the engine is cold, there is a noticeable "ticking" noise in the upper engine/valvetrain. I have found other Kia/Hyundai owners of cars with the same engine on message boards who observe the same type of sound. Several took their cars to dealers who called it "normal". I choose not to waste my time in this manner, so I will rely on my 100,000 mile warranty on this issue if there is a problem. Misc: The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) warning light has falsely reported under inflated tires twice. The light self-corrected within a few days both times. Serviceability: I do all my own maintenance. The engine bay is spacious and items like the oil and air filters, spark plugs, and drive belts all appear to be easily serviceable. Engine uses no oil between service intervals. Tires are wearing evenly (rotated at 12,000 miles) Summary: I was looking for an inexpensive, dependable commuter car with good MPG. I found the Kia to be the best value in the segment, and I do not regret my decision."

great value for the price

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Saw this car a year before I bought one. Also looked at Chevy Cruze and Volks. Jetta. Styling was a major reason I chose the Forte Koup. Three years later I still enjoy looking at it. Absolutely no problems; still runs great with good gas mileage. I get enough power and torque to keep me happy. If I was trading now I would go to Kia again."

2011 Kia Forte SX 5 Door Hatchback Fun!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Peppy 2.4L Engine, Smooth 6 Speeed Auto, Styling, Handling, Warranty"

Cons: "Limited Design on Auto Tranny"

"This car is a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Mine has the optional sun roof and six speed automatic transmission, both of which I highly recommend. The SX 5 door has a 2.4 liter engine that has plenty of zip. Gas mileage suffers some (about 25 MPG around town, 30 HWY), but because I derive so much enjoyment driving it, the lesser gas mileage compared to the 2.0 version really doesn't bother me. (I owned a 2010 Forte 2.0 sedan and the thing would hardly get out of its own way. Also, the steering on that vehicle was ghastly on the highway.) The six speed transmission shifts smooth as silk in full auto. Convert to manual with stick or paddle shifters and it's a bit rough for sure. I very much hate the fact that Kia did not put a 3rd-5th gear lock out used for limiting the transmission to those ranges. I would have preferred that arrangement to the manual stick or paddle shifters they have on the auto transmission. It would have been very nice to keep the car up to only forth gear traveling, say, up to 40 MPH. Instead you must constantly shift manually to limit it. This is the only VERY negative design deficiency I have found in the Forte 5 door in what otherwise is a very well designed vehicle. The steering on the 2011 SX is smooth and responsive. It makes the car nimble and easy to complete quick agile maneuvers. Brakes are fantastic allowing you to stop on a dime. As far as styling, I really like the appearance of the 5 door infinitely better than the old lady looking sedan. And as far as the 17" alloy wheels, I feel they are as sleek looking as anything on the road. I'm in my fifties now, but I really feel that the entire styling of this vehicle will appeal to the young as well as the young at heart! Combine all this fun with a great new car warranty and a very reasonable price tag, and you have a winner here. But don't take my word for it, go see one and drive it for yourself!"

Wouldn't think twice about buying this car again!!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "gas mileage seems overly sensitive to tire psi"

"This car is an awesome car for the money.. I looks great have had it for a little over 2.5 years.. I got the Koup in blue, I bought it new in 2010 at the beginning of the year.. I am always getting compliments on the color and the design of the car..I have not had a single problem with car, it runs great, gets great gas mileage, is comfortable to drive, handles very well which makes the car more fun to drive..."

Sporty Little Car

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Great price, looks good, and is fun to drive."

Cons: "I haven't found anything I don't like about it."

"This vehicle is a total pleasure to own! It is quite responsive, very maneuverable, and fun to drive... and gets about 31 mpg in the city! (I thought I'd be a little disappointed going from a large six-cylinder down to a four, but its the loss in power is an easy trade-off with the money I save at the gas pump.) The craftsmanship is very good. But, what really sold me on the Forte Koup was the fact that it has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty and comes completely equipped! --From custom floor mats to blue tooth technology... it's all there in the base price. It's a great little car, and you'd have to pay quite a bit more for a vehicle with similar features and probably wind up with a smaller engine. Oh, yea, and I love the way it looks!"

2010 KIA FORTE SX KOUP ONE GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "You can't beat this car everything works great"

Cons: "Need more head room for the driver"

"I purchases this car new in 2010 i needed a car that was good on gas that wasn't going to cost me a fortune to buy new that i could depend on. I'm on the road a lot because of my job and i travel from state to state a great deal. I looked at a lot of new cars that were small and good on gas like the Toyota Hyb. Honda, Mazda etc. I wanted a car that ran on gas. I was talking to one of my coworkers who purchased a Kia Forte EX and he loved it we switched cars for a day and i was very suprised to see how great that car really was need less to say i went to the Kia dealer and spotted my KIA FORTE SX KOUP it was love at first sight right now i have 98,862 miles on it and i never had a problem with anything but the best thing is that i sleep good at night knowing have my Kia and you can't beat their warranty that also gives me a big piece of mind. I change the oil every 3,000 miles"

Cheap sports car

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, good warranty, sporty"

Cons: "Little headroom, loud on dirt roads."

"Bought car on a whim. The SX model has a lot of things on it that make it look like a lot higher quality, for example, polished grill, fog lights, front plastics, premium 17 inch wheels, sport suspension, bigger motor ect. The car handles extrememly well, very little body roll, awesome paddle-shift transmission, good throttle response all without sacrificing fuel economy. Its looks are good too, deffinitly an eye catcher, people always comment on how nice my car is at gas stations, though I have done some modifications to it. Its a good car, enough said. The only issues I have found yet is the lack of sound deadening materials, particualarly in the wheel wells. I live where there are dirt roads, its very loud inside the car when driving on one. The wheels also stick out past the body panels so mud and dirt cover the side of the vehicle. Awesome brakes too."

Great Little Car

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"The Forte's preformance is great and the gas mileage as well. This little car can turn on a dime. It does well in the snow and icy roads. The engine is very quiet and the stereo in it is awsome. However, the seats could be a little more comfortable and the dash is a little plain. Over all we love our Forte."

Best new car for 2010

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything about the car"

Cons: "Factory tires"

"I bought this car brand new in august 2010, drove it off the lot with 23 miles. This is the safest car I could find in my price range with 6 airbags. The gas milege for this 5 speed is beyond my expectation's, 375-400 miles for city, 400-450 miles for city/highway and 500-550 miles for highway. The sound systems is LOUD and clear. The interior room is huge, trunk is like a spare closet. I did not like the factory tires, did not perform well in snow. I just replaced them at 35,556 miles. I now get even better gas milege with the new tires. Very well laid out car interior for the driver, main focus buttons on steering wheel. The stereo, cruise control, bluetooth can all be used with your two thumbs while driving. Kia hit a homerun with this car, and let's not forget about the factory warranty's that come with the car. 5yr/60000mi bumper to bumper, 5yr/60000mi roadside, 10yr/100000mi powertrain. I even got a 5yr/60000mi free rim and tire replacement from the dealership for road hazard. I was looking to buy from the big 3 made in USA, but they could not even come close to the standard features, factory warranty's, and the six airbags as standard equiptment."

Nicely Equipped and Made

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Really good price point, good mileage"

Cons: "Steering takes some getting used to"

"My only fault is the electronic steering, this is so different from other vehicles it does take some getting used to (small but significant). The vehicle accelerates great, and handles rain and light snow with no issues. Audio system is great and handles calls from my cellular phone with ease."

Love this Car.

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Good Size for compact, Huge Trunk! Gr8 milg."

Cons: "Can't think of any... :)"

Looks ready for a Parade!

"We had a special 'coating' pkg. put on it when we bought it. With that, we would never have to wax it, if it gets a stain anywhere in the interior and they can't remove it... they will replace the seat or carpet... or if they can't make an exact match in color... they will dye the whole cars carpet or seats or whatever to make it look perfect! We haven't had to use the extreme version because even a bit of chocolate has wiped off the cloth seat! Love having the exterior seal. I hate to wax a car! This car surpisingly has plenty of leg room for 4 and the trunk could easily haul a few bodies, lol. It is huge and has split fold down back seats that have come in handy. ONE issue we have had is the rotors rusted before we even went through the 1st pair of brake shoes. They blamed it on the area & snow, etc... I haven't ever had that issue prior with any other new vehicle. They were (at the time) the only place that made their rotors (on purpose) and so the cost was exaggerated, to say the least. Our mechanic got them through KIA and they were $200 each! But, that is the only issue we have had on this car and it is driven almost totally highway to and from work to save on gas costs. It has saved a lot in that department. Great mileage! We've even taken it cross country once or twice!?! If it wasn't for a couple of dings from parking lots and people that don't care about other's property, it would still look brand new!"

Looks ready for a Parade!

Flawless and very good milage

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Very confy, and great millage"

Cons: "slow downshift from the auto trans."

"It's very comfortable since I'm big 6' and 300 lbs. I haven't had any issues with it and usually I travel 40 miles everyday. It has all the accessories a premium brand will offer. The only thing missing is a backup camera or alert system, other than that is perfect. It has a big trunk. The only thing I'm not to happy about it is how the auto transmission is always looking for the most efficient gear and it take some time to downshift when accelerating, but thanks god for the sportshift that you can manually change gears so there is a learning curve to it."

Great Sporty Car

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive"

Cons: "Narrow friction point on the clutch."

"After years of driving a mini van, I needed a manual transmission for the fun along with a spirited engine. The Kia Forte SX with the 6 speed stick and 2.4 liter engine does the job, and for a reasonable price. I have driven mine for 45000 miles with no problems. The ONLY negatively unique feature is the very narrow friction point on the clutch, but that's only an issue if I don't have the RPMs up starting in first gear. Driving in the mountains with curves is a blast. It holds the road and the transmission is smooth going up and down the gears. On the highway with cruise control in 6th gear, I can get 34 MPG. City driving is closer to 23 MPG."

Alright car, dissapointed in MPG

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "good looking car both in and out."

Cons: "MPG, uncomfortable seats"

"Things have been okay with this one. You get what you pay for so I don't want to complain too much. The main problem is that the advertised MPG was 26 to 34. I drive with the green eco light always on and in reality I get about 24 to 28. Major disappointment. Has cool features though for the price but definitely has the cheapy "things could break at any time" type feel."

2010 Kia Forte Koup EX 2D

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I had a part time valet job and got to sample drive many cars. I must say that when I was in the market for a new vehicle for my delivery job and decided on the Kia Forte, I fell in love. AGAIN. (lost a Nissan 300ZX in flood water) Now its like I'm in my 300ZX! Maybe I'm dreaming but well with in a budget for all the standard amenities. Almost feels like BMW coupe, interior styled like mercedes SLK, Infinity G35, exterior styled like Audi R5, Lexus IS. Thank you Kia! 45,000 miles and running! Wish it was rear wheel drive."

Great Car for the Money!!

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"I owned a 2005 Lexus RX330 which I liked a lot but I decided it was time to get a vehicle which got better gas mileage. I drove the Forte as a rental car and I liked it and I decided to buy one. I have a Forte with the 5-speed automatic-high fuel mileage package. The car is solid and it has plenty of horsepower for all kinds of driving. Moreover, the car does well in the snow since it has front-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes, vehicle skid control and traction control. The gas mileage is excellent. The stereo sounds good and I like the satellite radio. I am happy with the car so far and I see no reason to pay a lot more money for a luxury car. Toyota, Honda and Mazda should be worried."

I love the look of this car

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Great price,looks nice"

Cons: "Horrible seat/headrest design"

"I love the look of this car. It's classy on the exterior but falls short on interior comfort. The head rests protrude forward and does not adjust. How did they miss the mark on this one? Every time I have a passenger with me they always complain because your neck starts to ache. It also has a lot of road noise! When I have passengers in the back seat they have a hard time hearing the conversations going on in the front due to road noise. Had I realized these 2 things,I would not have ever purchased this car in the first place. I am currently doing my homework to trade this car in for another."

I love this car

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great value."

Cons: "I have not found a con yet."

"This car has been wonderful. I love it, I will probably buy another Kia when I decide to trade it in."

One of the best ever

By on Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pros: "Great price, easy to drive, lots of options"

Cons: "dash squeeks since windshield was replaced."

"Best car since the Datsun's of the late 70's This has been the most trouble free car I have owned in many years, plenty of pep, comfortable ride, been very dependable, awesome road hugging ability. Great quality and options for the price."

Best Vehicle i've driven so far!

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pros: "Amazing price, smooth ride, and decent power."

Cons: "Wish it had more guages, water temp, oil pressure"

"I absolutely love this car. It has a sporty and classy look to it, while still being a ECO car. The gas mileage has been very pleasing, you get alot of miles out of the 13 gallon tank. The car does great in all fronts, wet or snowy. It handles turns very well and performs very good on highway speeds. The interior is quiet all of the time no matter what is going on outside. Though I would have to say if your buying the car new the warranty is by far the best part. 10year/100000mile power train. And a if you get the gap coverage you also get a 7 year /100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I highly recommend this car to anyone on a budget."

Nice Car

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great price, easy to drive, tons of great features"

Cons: "None."

"Great car for the price. Tons of upgraded features that come standard that are much pricier on another brand. Smooth steering, and even has a little kick on the freeway. Definitely would recommend it to a friend."

Great deal for the money/Sporty!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Quick, fun to drive, looks good, great value"

Cons: "Ride is a little stiff"

"Last car was an 04 KIA Spectra, sluggish but reliable and I looked at this car out of loyalty more than anything. Greatly surprised with improvements! Fast, handles well (I have the sports edition), looks great and very responsive. Only two downsides: the ride is alittle bumpy for sports edition due to stiffer shocks and there is kind of a blind spot trying to look behind you caused by the seat tops. Very, very happy with this car and would buy again in a heartbeat. My last KIA never went to the garage in six years and this one hasn't yet, either."

Fun to drive

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun"

"Very good buy, my first new car and I have punished it! I hit redline everytime i drive and have had no issues up to this point. Its sporty and small so I can weave in and out of traffic and has the power to respond. Does pretty well in the snow as well, heated windshield wipers come in handy!"

Great car for the price, could be much better.

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Great price, great looks, moderate performance"

Cons: "cheap plastics on interior, mpg substandard"

Sitting in the parking lot at work, always sexy.

"The car looks great, handles and performs well in day to day functions. Could use a more responsive gear ratio and more torque to improve the driving experience. Handles corners great, only thing holding you back in a turn are the seats. The seats do not really hold you in place very well under extreme conditions. Interior is made of very cheap plastic, the first hard bump resulted in several rattles from multiple locations within the dash. Cheap rubber on the wheels, wears down quite a bit after just 10k miles and should be changed after no more than 25/30k if you have the option, change out the rubber immediately. The gas pedal has somewhat of a "ghost" spot when first engaged and has somewhat of a lag before actually engaging in a forward momentum (can be tricky with manual /resulting in stalling if not adjusting for it). The ghost spot also makes passing a bit unpleasent, there is no smooth acceleration from 40-60, 30-40. The car also has some trouble on hills, a moderate amount of gas is required to maintain speed up hill. Generally downshifting one gear for slight inclines and potentially two or three for steep hills. (possible with both manual/automatic with the manual shift mode) Overall I am very happy with the car, it looks great doesn't break the bank and the power is more than enough for day to day driving. This review might seem full of negatives but they are really quite small, driving the car is a pleasureful experience and if you are looking in the economy class for a vehicle I would say try out the Kia Forte in any form, be it sedan, coupe or hatchback. They really do far outshine their competition."

Sitting in the parking lot at work, always sexy.

Solid Performer

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great Performance, Gorgeous Design"

Cons: "Newer models have much better package options."

"This is definitely a solid car, looks more expensive than it actually is, and performs like a coupe should! Mileage is right up there and has me happy seeing as I do quite a bit of commuting for work."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Forte near Honolulu. See local deals