2013 Kia Forte

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Dependable, comfortable, good mpg

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Value, dependability, manual transmission"

Cons: "cheap interior materals as expected"

"I purchased the "ad" car that was featured in my local Kia dealer's newspaper ad--it is the base model Forte with manual transmission, manual window, manual locks. It is a basic package, and exactly what I was looking for! Now with 20,000 miles, I can review with experience. Fuel consumption: worst: 31mpg, best 38 mpg--averaging 33-34. Interior: lots of plastic, most of it has a soft surface and scratches easily. Left door panel nicked from when I release my seat belt and clasp is drawn over to the left--it slams into the door panel. Seat upholstery stains easily, Carpet, if you can call it that, is very thin.In short, it is an inexpensive car with an inexpensive interior. Infotainment: I like the Bluetooth enabled audio system. I regularly stream content from my BlackBerry, and the connection is dependably seamless. The microphone however is quite tinny--when I speak on the telephone, the person on the other end frequently has difficulty understanding me. Mechanical: No dependability issues. I have observed however that when the engine is cold, there is a noticeable "ticking" noise in the upper engine/valvetrain. I have found other Kia/Hyundai owners of cars with the same engine on message boards who observe the same type of sound. Several took their cars to dealers who called it "normal". I choose not to waste my time in this manner, so I will rely on my 100,000 mile warranty on this issue if there is a problem. Misc: The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) warning light has falsely reported under inflated tires twice. The light self-corrected within a few days both times. Serviceability: I do all my own maintenance. The engine bay is spacious and items like the oil and air filters, spark plugs, and drive belts all appear to be easily serviceable. Engine uses no oil between service intervals. Tires are wearing evenly (rotated at 12,000 miles) Summary: I was looking for an inexpensive, dependable commuter car with good MPG. I found the Kia to be the best value in the segment, and I do not regret my decision."

great value for the price

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

"Saw this car a year before I bought one. Also looked at Chevy Cruze and Volks. Jetta. Styling was a major reason I chose the Forte Koup. Three years later I still enjoy looking at it. Absolutely no problems; still runs great with good gas mileage. I get enough power and torque to keep me happy. If I was trading now I would go to Kia again."

2011 Kia Forte SX 5 Door Hatchback Fun!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Peppy 2.4L Engine, Smooth 6 Speeed Auto, Styling, Handling, Warranty"

Cons: "Limited Design on Auto Tranny"

"This car is a heck of a lot of fun to drive. Mine has the optional sun roof and six speed automatic transmission, both of which I highly recommend. The SX 5 door has a 2.4 liter engine that has plenty of zip. Gas mileage suffers some (about 25 MPG around town, 30 HWY), but because I derive so much enjoyment driving it, the lesser gas mileage compared to the 2.0 version really doesn't bother me. (I owned a 2010 Forte 2.0 sedan and the thing would hardly get out of its own way. Also, the steering on that vehicle was ghastly on the highway.) The six speed transmission shifts smooth as silk in full auto. Convert to manual with stick or paddle shifters and it's a bit rough for sure. I very much hate the fact that Kia did not put a 3rd-5th gear lock out used for limiting the transmission to those ranges. I would have preferred that arrangement to the manual stick or paddle shifters they have on the auto transmission. It would have been very nice to keep the car up to only forth gear traveling, say, up to 40 MPH. Instead you must constantly shift manually to limit it. This is the only VERY negative design deficiency I have found in the Forte 5 door in what otherwise is a very well designed vehicle. The steering on the 2011 SX is smooth and responsive. It makes the car nimble and easy to complete quick agile maneuvers. Brakes are fantastic allowing you to stop on a dime. As far as styling, I really like the appearance of the 5 door infinitely better than the old lady looking sedan. And as far as the 17" alloy wheels, I feel they are as sleek looking as anything on the road. I'm in my fifties now, but I really feel that the entire styling of this vehicle will appeal to the young as well as the young at heart! Combine all this fun with a great new car warranty and a very reasonable price tag, and you have a winner here. But don't take my word for it, go see one and drive it for yourself!"

Wouldn't think twice about buying this car again!!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "gas mileage seems overly sensitive to tire psi"

"This car is an awesome car for the money.. I looks great have had it for a little over 2.5 years.. I got the Koup in blue, I bought it new in 2010 at the beginning of the year.. I am always getting compliments on the color and the design of the car..I have not had a single problem with car, it runs great, gets great gas mileage, is comfortable to drive, handles very well which makes the car more fun to drive..."

Sporty Little Car

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Great price, looks good, and is fun to drive."

Cons: "I haven't found anything I don't like about it."

"This vehicle is a total pleasure to own! It is quite responsive, very maneuverable, and fun to drive... and gets about 31 mpg in the city! (I thought I'd be a little disappointed going from a large six-cylinder down to a four, but its the loss in power is an easy trade-off with the money I save at the gas pump.) The craftsmanship is very good. But, what really sold me on the Forte Koup was the fact that it has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty and comes completely equipped! --From custom floor mats to blue tooth technology... it's all there in the base price. It's a great little car, and you'd have to pay quite a bit more for a vehicle with similar features and probably wind up with a smaller engine. Oh, yea, and I love the way it looks!"

2010 KIA FORTE SX KOUP ONE GREAT CAR

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "You can't beat this car everything works great"

Cons: "Need more head room for the driver"

"I purchases this car new in 2010 i needed a car that was good on gas that wasn't going to cost me a fortune to buy new that i could depend on. I'm on the road a lot because of my job and i travel from state to state a great deal. I looked at a lot of new cars that were small and good on gas like the Toyota Hyb. Honda, Mazda etc. I wanted a car that ran on gas. I was talking to one of my coworkers who purchased a Kia Forte EX and he loved it we switched cars for a day and i was very suprised to see how great that car really was need less to say i went to the Kia dealer and spotted my KIA FORTE SX KOUP it was love at first sight right now i have 98,862 miles on it and i never had a problem with anything but the best thing is that i sleep good at night knowing have my Kia and you can't beat their warranty that also gives me a big piece of mind. I change the oil every 3,000 miles"

Cheap sports car

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, good warranty, sporty"

Cons: "Little headroom, loud on dirt roads."

"Bought car on a whim. The SX model has a lot of things on it that make it look like a lot higher quality, for example, polished grill, fog lights, front plastics, premium 17 inch wheels, sport suspension, bigger motor ect. The car handles extrememly well, very little body roll, awesome paddle-shift transmission, good throttle response all without sacrificing fuel economy. Its looks are good too, deffinitly an eye catcher, people always comment on how nice my car is at gas stations, though I have done some modifications to it. Its a good car, enough said. The only issues I have found yet is the lack of sound deadening materials, particualarly in the wheel wells. I live where there are dirt roads, its very loud inside the car when driving on one. The wheels also stick out past the body panels so mud and dirt cover the side of the vehicle. Awesome brakes too."

Great Little Car

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"The Forte's preformance is great and the gas mileage as well. This little car can turn on a dime. It does well in the snow and icy roads. The engine is very quiet and the stereo in it is awsome. However, the seats could be a little more comfortable and the dash is a little plain. Over all we love our Forte."

Best new car for 2010

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything about the car"

Cons: "Factory tires"

"I bought this car brand new in august 2010, drove it off the lot with 23 miles. This is the safest car I could find in my price range with 6 airbags. The gas milege for this 5 speed is beyond my expectation's, 375-400 miles for city, 400-450 miles for city/highway and 500-550 miles for highway. The sound systems is LOUD and clear. The interior room is huge, trunk is like a spare closet. I did not like the factory tires, did not perform well in snow. I just replaced them at 35,556 miles. I now get even better gas milege with the new tires. Very well laid out car interior for the driver, main focus buttons on steering wheel. The stereo, cruise control, bluetooth can all be used with your two thumbs while driving. Kia hit a homerun with this car, and let's not forget about the factory warranty's that come with the car. 5yr/60000mi bumper to bumper, 5yr/60000mi roadside, 10yr/100000mi powertrain. I even got a 5yr/60000mi free rim and tire replacement from the dealership for road hazard. I was looking to buy from the big 3 made in USA, but they could not even come close to the standard features, factory warranty's, and the six airbags as standard equiptment."

Nicely Equipped and Made

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Really good price point, good mileage"

Cons: "Steering takes some getting used to"

"My only fault is the electronic steering, this is so different from other vehicles it does take some getting used to (small but significant). The vehicle accelerates great, and handles rain and light snow with no issues. Audio system is great and handles calls from my cellular phone with ease."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Kia Forte near Honolulu. See local deals