2016 Kia Forte Koup Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,312 - $21,521.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 09/28/2017

10/8.7

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

The compact car that drives like a luxury sedan

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Heated seats, steering wheel & cooled drivers seat"

Cons: "Auto lights need to come on sooner at dusk"

Great Ride!

"I purchased the fully loaded EX model. The outside body design is sharp with distinctive styling, particularly its tail lamps and running lights, and HID headlights. The six-speed automatic transmission works seamlessly. I am impressed by the interior styling with its soft-touch dashboard and carbon fiber pattern around the center console and the 10-way power adjustable driver's seat with two memory positions, combined with the LCD screen with a trip computer and vehicle settings sits between the gauges, and a number of other luxury options uncommon to the compact car segment. It makes me wonder if I'm really not driving a luxury class car. I love having the Rear Display Camera when I shift the car into reverse. The car is much quieter than I have experienced in all other cars in its class. The Dual-zone automatic climate control, Flex Steering, large touch high-resolution display screen Navigation System and voice commands for most all Forte functions, and Forte's Bluetooth pairing system make it a pleasure to drive. The air cooled driver's seat is such a big plus on a hot summer's day. The only one real negative is that I wish the automatic headlights came on earlier at dusk and would turn on when using the windshield wipers."

Great Ride!

1 YEAR DOWN AND LOVING IT

By on Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive, Gas mileage,"

Cons: "Seats on extended trips"

"I purchased this car in March of 2016 with 42 miles on it. I have driven to Cleveland from Austin to see family, have used it for other road trips and many drives across central texas. The car handles well I never get under 30mpg in City and it is still going strong. In fact it drives better the more I drive it. Everyone who drives my vehicle is surprised by how much power it actually has and how smooth the ride is. Maybe not for everyone but I love my Kia."

Worth the money!

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Great Look! Great Value! Great Gas mileage!"

Cons: "Handling needs to be improved."

"I own a 2014 Kia Forte LX with the upgraded package. I have owned a lot of 4 cylinder engines in my time but I am blown away by how well the 1.8L engine in the car responds. I have no issues getting on the highway or passing because the car gets up and moves. I am averaging 39mpg but I drive mostly highways. The 6 speed transmission shifts smooth, unlike some of the competitors! The handling is OK but could be better. I have owned 3 other Kia’s (Sedona, Rio & Spectra) and never had any issues with them. Kia had a rough start but they have really turned the quality & reliability around. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Nice car for the price - EX model

By on Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage, roomy & comfortable"

Cons: "Eco mode driving performance poor"

"Bought the Forte in June and so far been very happy with it. Comfortable ride with good mileage (I drive mostly hwy and get 32mpg-33mpg). ECO mode performance is sluggish and I typically get about the same mileage with it on or off so I'm leaving it off. Roomy interior including the back seat & trunk. Minor annoyances: The "lip" between the trunk and the folded down back seats isn't flat across. The windshield wipers - very large on driver side throws water onto passenger side plus a very irritating engineering flaw where they don't 100% overlap right down at the bottom of the windshield. (This is being very picky, but it makes me wonder if there are other things that were "good enough")."

Outstanding Value: Almost A 10

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Can't Beat Overall Features At This Price"

Cons: "Front Seat Support, Acceleration"

"Researched and compared Forte EX w/ Premium Pkg against Mazda 3s Grand Touring and Ford Focus Titanium. Mazda and Ford had isolated advantages over the Kia, albeit with an increased price tag. However, overall the Kia was the clear winner. Have owned the car for a month in Aurora Black which has an almost metallic finish. Some have mistaken the 17" wheels for aftermarket additions. Interior materials, fit and finish made the car feel like an upscale badge, although seats could be a bit more supportive and I wonder how they'll hold up over time. More rear seat room than expected and they're heated!. A full size trunk liner, similar to a WeatherTech, was a nice surprise. Decent handling and reasonable handling leaves only one small complaint - wish the car had slightly more acceleration even at the expense of some loss in MPG numbers."