2012 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 786 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Love My Jeep!

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"Absolutely LOVE my Jeep- There is so much room in the rear seat as well as the 'trunk' space. Locking compartment in trunk is very functional!"

4 door

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I had some issues with my jeep, such as a loose fuse for the radio, the front axle and breaks were replaced due to a strange noise in the front and no one knew what the problem was, and problems with the breaks making a noise. All was repaired by the dealer and just caused me some incovenience, and all of this in 3 and a half months. Lucky me. But now I love it!!!!!"

Sahara for Me

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Just what I expected. Runs nice, drives nice. Have the 4dr and LOVE the top off. FUN with the kids too and easy to get them in and out. LOTS of looks from others. Very happy in the 9 months I have had it. Hard top took about an hour to get off and the first time the soft top went up it was VERY tight...but now all is well. Dont hesitate if you want it!"

It was nice to have this first!!!!

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Everyone loves the look of the new four door jeep. It catches everyones eye. It is nice to know that I am one of the first to have purchased it. The ride is very smooth, even the 6 gears make it seem like an automatic. It is very spacious and comfortable, the hard top makes it a very unique car. This has to be one of the most popular vehicles of all time. I love it and i would love to work for a JEEP dealer because you wouldn't have to sell anyone on this vehicle."

Best Jeep

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"Love everything about my Jeep. Especially in high water. Great clearance and the 4x4 is great. I am fearless in a Texas flood. The only problem is removing the soft top. It is a two person job. If you don't mind that- go buy one today."

Great Vehicle!

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I absolutely LOVE my Jeep! I was fortunate enough to get an '07 Wrangler Unlimited X in Detonator Yellow and couldn't be happier with the choice. The Jeep handles great on the highway, and I get around 19 MPG on average; pretty good compared to some other SUVs out there. Daimler seems to have corrected the earlier issues (i.e., stalling, easy-to-scratch plastic interior, etc.,...), so I've been nothing but happy thus far! Like the previous reviewer, I have the same issue with the Jeep taking a few extra seconds to start every once in a while (but not often). However, I've found that by giving it a little gas, it starts right up. The interior is extremely spacious and the 4-door has a large amount of storage capacity with the seats folded down. With the dual top option, I'm set for the Missouri winters and summers, and am absolutely in love with the fact that I have a 4-door convertible! My Jeep definitely turns a lot of heads; especially with the top down! My ONLY true negative remark regarding this vehicle is the sound system. I didn't opt for the premium speakers, and it's obvious. The tweeters on the dashboard crackle and pop with any song that has a medium amount of bass. It's mildly irritating, but not too bad. The Jeep is also a little sluggish when accelerating, but since I'm not a race car driver, I don't mind. I just sit back and enjoy the drive!"

Just Fun

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I got my jeep 2 days ago, and I am loving it. I have already had the doors and top off. It is the most fun i've ever had in vehicle. It was a little scary going down the interstate with out the doors. The only thing is the doors are very heavy and hard to disconnect. The mirrors are attached to the doors, so they are gone without the doors. I would highly recommend the Wrangler Unlimited!!!"

SWEET SAHARA

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"THIS IS MY FIRST JEEP AND I LOVE IT. I KNOW THAT THERE HAS BEEN A RECALL ISSUED WITH REGARD TO STALLING, BUT I HAVE EXPERIENCED ABOSULTELY NOTHING BUT PURE JOY WITH MINE. THE 18 INCH WHEELS ARE THE BEST LOOKING AND ARE A SAHARA EXCLUSIVE ALONG WITH THE BODY COLORED FENDER FLARES. STEREO IS GREAT, SO IS THE MODULAR HARD TOP. POWER WINDOWS AND LOCKS ARE NICE BONUS. TURNS LOTS OF HEADS. LOOKS TOUGH IN BLACK WITH HARD TOP AND BIGGER WHEELS. INSTALLED A COLD AIR KIT TO BOOST PERFORMANCE. WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INSTALL CATBACK EXHAUST. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE. IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR CARPOOL, GET THE FOUR DOOR OR YOUR PASSENGERS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE BACK SEAT."

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

CJ7 Reborn

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"This is my 7th Jeep, and I am a Jeep purist. I have owned 2 Willys Jeeps, 3 AMC CJ7's, and a Chrysler YJ. The YJ being the least Jeep like...blame Chrysler. The JK Unlimited is by far the best Jeep since the CJ7...thank you, Daimler! The YJ & TJ's are disappointments when compared to the ovarall build quality of a JK. Just look at the bolt pattern on a JK wheel as well as the driveline components. Ride quality is superior to past Jeeps. Invest in the 4 door...longer wheelbase better ride and handling. Mine has full hard doors and a soft top. The soft top is quieter than the hardtop was on any of my CJ7's. It handles snow very well but yet to find out about mud & rocks. This is the first Jeep I have ever owned that came with a radio. Believe me how surprised I was to get A/C, cruise control, cup holders, and 4 doors! The only thing I don't care for? The overly large fender flares...Jeep gets a 4 out of 5 on styling for that."

Pleasantly surprised

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I have been presently surprised by my first Jeep. I have always enjoyed the idea of a Jeep, but never really felt it was overly practical for day to day driving, in that past models have not had the comforts of other vehicles. But with gas prices going up, I needed to trade in the Dodge Ram for something a little easier on the gas mileage, but still able to tow the boat. Buying a Jeep wasn't really on the top of my mind, but after a trip out to Colorado I rode in my cousin's girlfriend's Jeep and fell back in love with the idea of a Jeep. Once back in town i took a few for a test drive - I was really impressed by the 2007 and how much the interiors and creature comforts had improved. The only problem I still had to face was whether to get the two door or the four. I decided on the two door as it was available immediately with the options I wanted. Since buying it I have been nothing but happy - iit's a great vehicle, fun to drive and still tows the boat without any problems. The only word of warning I would give is that in Southwest Florida during July I find it a bit difficult to keep the soft top Jeep cool. But I guess that's what you get when you decide to live about three miles away from the sun. All-in-all I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. It's is fun."

By on Monday, May 14, 2007

By on Saturday, April 28, 2007

Best Family 4X4

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"If you have 3 kids and a dog and want to go siriously off road this is the machine to get!"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, November 6, 2010

"I've had my Wrangler 4dr for over a year now and I love it even more than when I bought it. My wife and I love it so much we even went and bought another (a 2dr soft-top) too. My 4dr was incredible in last year's snow in Maryland...I was pretty much one of the only people on my street who could get out and get food and such. I think it has plenty of power (it's a Jeep, not a sports car) and it handles and rides well. I get about 18-20 city mpg (in MD traffic) and get up to 25 hwy. It's a great truck and incredibly reliable and well built."

My first domestic, sodfar good

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007

"My first jeep and first domestic. Saying "it's a jeep" covers for all its short comings. After 7200 miles has only been to dealership for routine maintenance. I obviously didn't buy this for it's reliabilty record, but people don't buy porsches or caddies for reliability either, For the purpose. I have hade more problems with my Hondas and Nissans than my Jeep with comparable milage. Time will tell. Road performance is weak but off road it ROCKS! My little kids love it. Gets more looks than I want but thats a good thing I guess. I average 20 MPG REALLY but I also drive like grandpa, so go figure. I recommend it bigtime."

Its a Jeep thing. Not a Honda CRV thing

By on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Great Looking, Excellent off-road"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage, underpowered"

"So i have read a lot of terrible reviews for the Jeep that kind of perplex me. People that buy a Wrangler, whether it's a JK, TJ, or YJ, should know what they are getting themselves into. First look around it. It comes stock with faily large tires (31-32 inches), has a short wheel base (95"ish for a 2 door), and has 2 SOLID axles..... So what does that mean? Well, it means that the Jeep was built to handle itself well off road. The window sticker displays the terrible gas mileage and a quick test drive will reveal its road manners. Its clunky, fun, impractical.... and its a great looking vehicle. With that being said, I love my Wrangler. I daily drive it and I think it super fun. I also have dumped about 10 grand into since I bought it 6 months ago. What have I done? I have made it even less practicle with the addition of suspension upgrades, bumpers, armor, gears, lockers, 35 inch tires, and a winch. So what does that say about me? Well, it shows that I purchased the Wrangler with every intention of using it like it was intended. I even retain the benefit of this thing being pretty streetable. So, if you are contemplating buying a Jeep because it looks rugged and might be fun on a nice day to drop the top, you should ask yourself if those qualities negate the other attributes that you may be looking for in your car. I am slightly unconventional, but the jeep is super fun. Every morning, I drive the thing to work with a smile on my face. When I get off in the afternoon, I get that same smile. When I am driving down the road, I get the Jeep Wave, which widens my smile."

The best built Jeep yet!

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pros: "Solid, peppy, dependable, American Made."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats, poor gas mileage."

"This is my third Jeep Wrangler. This is by far the best built I've had. My wife has also had Wranglers and likewise, this new JK model blows them all away. The vehicle is solid, tough and reliable. It has never been back to the dealer for ANYTHING! I cannot say that about any other new vehicle I've owned in the past. It handles extremely well at highway speeds and cruises at 75 mph easily on the interstate. The new for 2012 model year Pentastar engine is quick. This thing has actually chirped the large 32 inch all-terrain tires at stoplights! The Mercedes-made transmission is smooth. My only gripe is the seats - they should have lumbar support and the headrests are oddly placed in an exaggerated forward position. This is a common complaint from what I've read. The 2013s have redesigned seats but they're actually worse IMO! This is my only complaint for the interior and comfort. The gas mileage is poor although improved over previous models. They need the put a diesel in the wrangler!"

I love my AWESOME JEEP!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Just great to drive off road!"

Cons: "V6"

After a day on the trails

"I have owened 3 Jeeps so far and this one will be the one I keep forever. I do a lot of off roading (yes V6 is nothing compared to the inline 6) and it does great. Even with all of the mods I have done to it the things I have kept stock still work great. I have never had a problem out of it but I do take care of it. If your buying a new vehicle I would go with this Jeep and if you have a family get the 4 door. I have a lot of friends who have rode with me and then gone out and purchased a Jeep."

After a day on the trails

It's a Jeep!

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"The closest you can come to open road fun without riding a Harley! I love my bike but being able to take my friends and family along for the ride AND listen to music on the awesome sound system is unmatched! There are issues...leaky door seals, cheap interior plastic does scratch easily...could use more power. Hard to get to that back seat in a 2D...but..there's a plus to that too! MPG depends on gas grades and driving styles. I've a lead foot so no sympathy for me. But with good gas...this jeep will fly (80 mph) down the road AND no problem passing others. No creature comforts here...just the rugged basics. I haven't tried, but i hope it pulls my 13ft travel trailer; i'm told it can. The soft top took some time to master, and I believe leaks and noise are tied to how well you learn to install and uninstall your tops. Looking for a S.U.V? This is not your car. Small ones? Old ones? Not your car...Prissy?..hair issues?...sun issues? Not your car "smile". It's a jeep. Looking for instant, push button amenities and plushness?...not your car. Perfection? No...but it's the best fun i've ever had in a car! I've owned foreign cars and domestic cars...this is the only American made car I absolutely love."

AWESOME!!!!!

By on Thursday, August 6, 2009

"I have a 2009 wrangler XS and I love it. Don't believe the gas milage woes, with the manual shift and upshifting early I am getting 22 to 24 mpg. No I don,t live in a flat area I live in the adirondack mountains and drive 74 miles a day round trip to work. Of course city driving (and offroading) is considerably less. As far as the ride it rides very smooth its not bouncy and rough like the older models. I would suggest upgrading the stereo (kinda hard to hear with the top off) and electric door locks would be nice. I have the hard top and it takes a total of 10 minutes to take off the 3 piece top and the doors, although you do need a 2nd person to help lift off the big part of the top. The lifetime powertrain warrenty is awesome also. Hope this helps you decide to join the jeep owners club."

Its a Jeep - don't forget that

By on Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pros: "Jeep, convertable SUV, Go anywhere! Fun!"

Cons: "Its a utility vehicle. Make sure its for you."

"Great vehicle that is incredibly versatile. The 4 door is a great option for running around town and carting friends and family. We take ours for 4-6 hr trips all the time. It has great cargo room and works well for our lifestyle. Don't expect it to ride like a luxury car, handle like a sports car or get the same mileage as your Prius. However, use it like a Jeep (responsible, legal off-roading if you go exploring) and this thing will give you water cooler stories that people will actually listen to."

Only in a Jeep

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"If you don't understand the point of a Jeep Wrangler, you probably won't like it. I get tired of the reviews in different magazines that complain that it's primitive, rides like a truck, and doesn't handle like a sports car. Correct on all counts, however, that's what it's SUPPOSED to be like! It IS a truck, a 2 ton cube sitting a foot off the ground with a ridiculously sturdy box frame and big live axles. It goes ANYWHERE with no modifications, turns on a dime and is the ONLY automotive icon that is still identifiable after 60 years. The wider track along with the coil springs DO make it a bit more civilized than it was only a few years ago, but it still maintains the character that Jeep lovers require. Take out the back seat and you have a cavernous cargo area and can hit the road. A great little truck I have no trouble recommending to anyone. The purists sometimes scoff at the coil springs and hard top, but I don't have a problem with the slightly more comfortable nature of the newer Wranglers"

Driven jeep wranglers since 1986, I'm 64 yrs.old

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"I've own 8 Jeeps CJ's/Wranglers, never have I had a complaint about any of them. I know what I'm buying, and love the seperation from the boring other vechiles on the road. My wife and I love going for drives around the Great Lakes of Michigan with the top off. We maybe 64 years old but, our Jeeps keeps us young a heart. Plus it's make in the U.S.A., 30 miles from where I live, in Toledo, Ohio. If you have never driven one I feel you owe it to yourself to do so. P.S. Their not for everyone."

Way better than my old YJ

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "The look, feel, and the top down."

Cons: "A larger tow capacity would be a great improvement"

"I drove my 1989 Wrangler Sahara manual for 114,000 miles and it preformed like a mountain goat. I just purchased my 2012 Unlimited Wrangle in August of 2012 and I have everything to say about it! The ride is fantastic for this open-body sport utility. The increased power over my old '89 Wrangler was not expected when I did my test drive. Its off-road capabilities have been eye-opening for the whole family. The driver's cockpit is very comfortable and all of the controls are easily accessible for both me and my wife. She said that she "feels empowered by the height and stance of our jeep". The level of noise is to be expected for a soft-top, but it has seen a tremendous improvement from our last Jeep. The a/c works wonders for the family even in our desert heat. Great job Jeep! Keep building the here in the USA and we'll surely be a loyal customer in the future."