2012 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 794 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Just Fun

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I got my jeep 2 days ago, and I am loving it. I have already had the doors and top off. It is the most fun i've ever had in vehicle. It was a little scary going down the interstate with out the doors. The only thing is the doors are very heavy and hard to disconnect. The mirrors are attached to the doors, so they are gone without the doors. I would highly recommend the Wrangler Unlimited!!!"

SWEET SAHARA

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"THIS IS MY FIRST JEEP AND I LOVE IT. I KNOW THAT THERE HAS BEEN A RECALL ISSUED WITH REGARD TO STALLING, BUT I HAVE EXPERIENCED ABOSULTELY NOTHING BUT PURE JOY WITH MINE. THE 18 INCH WHEELS ARE THE BEST LOOKING AND ARE A SAHARA EXCLUSIVE ALONG WITH THE BODY COLORED FENDER FLARES. STEREO IS GREAT, SO IS THE MODULAR HARD TOP. POWER WINDOWS AND LOCKS ARE NICE BONUS. TURNS LOTS OF HEADS. LOOKS TOUGH IN BLACK WITH HARD TOP AND BIGGER WHEELS. INSTALLED A COLD AIR KIT TO BOOST PERFORMANCE. WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INSTALL CATBACK EXHAUST. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE. IF YOU HAVE KIDS OR CARPOOL, GET THE FOUR DOOR OR YOUR PASSENGERS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE BACK SEAT."

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

CJ7 Reborn

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"This is my 7th Jeep, and I am a Jeep purist. I have owned 2 Willys Jeeps, 3 AMC CJ7's, and a Chrysler YJ. The YJ being the least Jeep like...blame Chrysler. The JK Unlimited is by far the best Jeep since the CJ7...thank you, Daimler! The YJ & TJ's are disappointments when compared to the ovarall build quality of a JK. Just look at the bolt pattern on a JK wheel as well as the driveline components. Ride quality is superior to past Jeeps. Invest in the 4 door...longer wheelbase better ride and handling. Mine has full hard doors and a soft top. The soft top is quieter than the hardtop was on any of my CJ7's. It handles snow very well but yet to find out about mud & rocks. This is the first Jeep I have ever owned that came with a radio. Believe me how surprised I was to get A/C, cruise control, cup holders, and 4 doors! The only thing I don't care for? The overly large fender flares...Jeep gets a 4 out of 5 on styling for that."

Pleasantly surprised

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I have been presently surprised by my first Jeep. I have always enjoyed the idea of a Jeep, but never really felt it was overly practical for day to day driving, in that past models have not had the comforts of other vehicles. But with gas prices going up, I needed to trade in the Dodge Ram for something a little easier on the gas mileage, but still able to tow the boat. Buying a Jeep wasn't really on the top of my mind, but after a trip out to Colorado I rode in my cousin's girlfriend's Jeep and fell back in love with the idea of a Jeep. Once back in town i took a few for a test drive - I was really impressed by the 2007 and how much the interiors and creature comforts had improved. The only problem I still had to face was whether to get the two door or the four. I decided on the two door as it was available immediately with the options I wanted. Since buying it I have been nothing but happy - iit's a great vehicle, fun to drive and still tows the boat without any problems. The only word of warning I would give is that in Southwest Florida during July I find it a bit difficult to keep the soft top Jeep cool. But I guess that's what you get when you decide to live about three miles away from the sun. All-in-all I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. It's is fun."

By on Monday, May 14, 2007

By on Saturday, April 28, 2007

Best Family 4X4

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"If you have 3 kids and a dog and want to go siriously off road this is the machine to get!"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, November 6, 2010

"I've had my Wrangler 4dr for over a year now and I love it even more than when I bought it. My wife and I love it so much we even went and bought another (a 2dr soft-top) too. My 4dr was incredible in last year's snow in Maryland...I was pretty much one of the only people on my street who could get out and get food and such. I think it has plenty of power (it's a Jeep, not a sports car) and it handles and rides well. I get about 18-20 city mpg (in MD traffic) and get up to 25 hwy. It's a great truck and incredibly reliable and well built."

My first domestic, sodfar good

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007

"My first jeep and first domestic. Saying "it's a jeep" covers for all its short comings. After 7200 miles has only been to dealership for routine maintenance. I obviously didn't buy this for it's reliabilty record, but people don't buy porsches or caddies for reliability either, For the purpose. I have hade more problems with my Hondas and Nissans than my Jeep with comparable milage. Time will tell. Road performance is weak but off road it ROCKS! My little kids love it. Gets more looks than I want but thats a good thing I guess. I average 20 MPG REALLY but I also drive like grandpa, so go figure. I recommend it bigtime."

Its a Jeep thing. Not a Honda CRV thing

By on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Great Looking, Excellent off-road"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage, underpowered"

"So i have read a lot of terrible reviews for the Jeep that kind of perplex me. People that buy a Wrangler, whether it's a JK, TJ, or YJ, should know what they are getting themselves into. First look around it. It comes stock with faily large tires (31-32 inches), has a short wheel base (95"ish for a 2 door), and has 2 SOLID axles..... So what does that mean? Well, it means that the Jeep was built to handle itself well off road. The window sticker displays the terrible gas mileage and a quick test drive will reveal its road manners. Its clunky, fun, impractical.... and its a great looking vehicle. With that being said, I love my Wrangler. I daily drive it and I think it super fun. I also have dumped about 10 grand into since I bought it 6 months ago. What have I done? I have made it even less practicle with the addition of suspension upgrades, bumpers, armor, gears, lockers, 35 inch tires, and a winch. So what does that say about me? Well, it shows that I purchased the Wrangler with every intention of using it like it was intended. I even retain the benefit of this thing being pretty streetable. So, if you are contemplating buying a Jeep because it looks rugged and might be fun on a nice day to drop the top, you should ask yourself if those qualities negate the other attributes that you may be looking for in your car. I am slightly unconventional, but the jeep is super fun. Every morning, I drive the thing to work with a smile on my face. When I get off in the afternoon, I get that same smile. When I am driving down the road, I get the Jeep Wave, which widens my smile."

The best built Jeep yet!

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pros: "Solid, peppy, dependable, American Made."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats, poor gas mileage."

"This is my third Jeep Wrangler. This is by far the best built I've had. My wife has also had Wranglers and likewise, this new JK model blows them all away. The vehicle is solid, tough and reliable. It has never been back to the dealer for ANYTHING! I cannot say that about any other new vehicle I've owned in the past. It handles extremely well at highway speeds and cruises at 75 mph easily on the interstate. The new for 2012 model year Pentastar engine is quick. This thing has actually chirped the large 32 inch all-terrain tires at stoplights! The Mercedes-made transmission is smooth. My only gripe is the seats - they should have lumbar support and the headrests are oddly placed in an exaggerated forward position. This is a common complaint from what I've read. The 2013s have redesigned seats but they're actually worse IMO! This is my only complaint for the interior and comfort. The gas mileage is poor although improved over previous models. They need the put a diesel in the wrangler!"

It's a Jeep!

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"The closest you can come to open road fun without riding a Harley! I love my bike but being able to take my friends and family along for the ride AND listen to music on the awesome sound system is unmatched! There are issues...leaky door seals, cheap interior plastic does scratch easily...could use more power. Hard to get to that back seat in a 2D...but..there's a plus to that too! MPG depends on gas grades and driving styles. I've a lead foot so no sympathy for me. But with good gas...this jeep will fly (80 mph) down the road AND no problem passing others. No creature comforts here...just the rugged basics. I haven't tried, but i hope it pulls my 13ft travel trailer; i'm told it can. The soft top took some time to master, and I believe leaks and noise are tied to how well you learn to install and uninstall your tops. Looking for a S.U.V? This is not your car. Small ones? Old ones? Not your car...Prissy?..hair issues?...sun issues? Not your car "smile". It's a jeep. Looking for instant, push button amenities and plushness?...not your car. Perfection? No...but it's the best fun i've ever had in a car! I've owned foreign cars and domestic cars...this is the only American made car I absolutely love."

I love my AWESOME JEEP!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Just great to drive off road!"

Cons: "V6"

After a day on the trails

"I have owened 3 Jeeps so far and this one will be the one I keep forever. I do a lot of off roading (yes V6 is nothing compared to the inline 6) and it does great. Even with all of the mods I have done to it the things I have kept stock still work great. I have never had a problem out of it but I do take care of it. If your buying a new vehicle I would go with this Jeep and if you have a family get the 4 door. I have a lot of friends who have rode with me and then gone out and purchased a Jeep."

After a day on the trails

AWESOME!!!!!

By on Thursday, August 6, 2009

"I have a 2009 wrangler XS and I love it. Don't believe the gas milage woes, with the manual shift and upshifting early I am getting 22 to 24 mpg. No I don,t live in a flat area I live in the adirondack mountains and drive 74 miles a day round trip to work. Of course city driving (and offroading) is considerably less. As far as the ride it rides very smooth its not bouncy and rough like the older models. I would suggest upgrading the stereo (kinda hard to hear with the top off) and electric door locks would be nice. I have the hard top and it takes a total of 10 minutes to take off the 3 piece top and the doors, although you do need a 2nd person to help lift off the big part of the top. The lifetime powertrain warrenty is awesome also. Hope this helps you decide to join the jeep owners club."

Its a Jeep - don't forget that

By on Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pros: "Jeep, convertable SUV, Go anywhere! Fun!"

Cons: "Its a utility vehicle. Make sure its for you."

"Great vehicle that is incredibly versatile. The 4 door is a great option for running around town and carting friends and family. We take ours for 4-6 hr trips all the time. It has great cargo room and works well for our lifestyle. Don't expect it to ride like a luxury car, handle like a sports car or get the same mileage as your Prius. However, use it like a Jeep (responsible, legal off-roading if you go exploring) and this thing will give you water cooler stories that people will actually listen to."

Only in a Jeep

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"If you don't understand the point of a Jeep Wrangler, you probably won't like it. I get tired of the reviews in different magazines that complain that it's primitive, rides like a truck, and doesn't handle like a sports car. Correct on all counts, however, that's what it's SUPPOSED to be like! It IS a truck, a 2 ton cube sitting a foot off the ground with a ridiculously sturdy box frame and big live axles. It goes ANYWHERE with no modifications, turns on a dime and is the ONLY automotive icon that is still identifiable after 60 years. The wider track along with the coil springs DO make it a bit more civilized than it was only a few years ago, but it still maintains the character that Jeep lovers require. Take out the back seat and you have a cavernous cargo area and can hit the road. A great little truck I have no trouble recommending to anyone. The purists sometimes scoff at the coil springs and hard top, but I don't have a problem with the slightly more comfortable nature of the newer Wranglers"

Driven jeep wranglers since 1986, I'm 64 yrs.old

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"I've own 8 Jeeps CJ's/Wranglers, never have I had a complaint about any of them. I know what I'm buying, and love the seperation from the boring other vechiles on the road. My wife and I love going for drives around the Great Lakes of Michigan with the top off. We maybe 64 years old but, our Jeeps keeps us young a heart. Plus it's make in the U.S.A., 30 miles from where I live, in Toledo, Ohio. If you have never driven one I feel you owe it to yourself to do so. P.S. Their not for everyone."

Way better than my old YJ

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "The look, feel, and the top down."

Cons: "A larger tow capacity would be a great improvement"

"I drove my 1989 Wrangler Sahara manual for 114,000 miles and it preformed like a mountain goat. I just purchased my 2012 Unlimited Wrangle in August of 2012 and I have everything to say about it! The ride is fantastic for this open-body sport utility. The increased power over my old '89 Wrangler was not expected when I did my test drive. Its off-road capabilities have been eye-opening for the whole family. The driver's cockpit is very comfortable and all of the controls are easily accessible for both me and my wife. She said that she "feels empowered by the height and stance of our jeep". The level of noise is to be expected for a soft-top, but it has seen a tremendous improvement from our last Jeep. The a/c works wonders for the family even in our desert heat. Great job Jeep! Keep building the here in the USA and we'll surely be a loyal customer in the future."

Wrangler...It's a lifestyle choice

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Value,Versatility,FUN factor,Reliability"

Cons: "Could get better MPG, but that's about it."

"When considering a Wrangler, you really need to list what your priorities are in a vehicle...are you looking for a smoooth ride? whisper quiet cabin? Hyper mpg? Utility/versatility? Fun factor? We've all heard over and over..."loud", "rough riding", " bad mpg". Is the Wrangler loud?...a little. But it's not like to have to shout at a passenger to have a conversation on the highway. The hard top cuts noise levels significantly over the soft top. Is it rought riding?...that's going to depend on who you ask. It rides like a vehicle built body-on-frame, so it may not ride like a Lexus, but it's not like the shocks were replaced with solid steel rods. It rides like a truck, which should be expected. MPG?...I've driven vehicles that got much worse mpg. Would it be great if it got 30mpg on the hwy? SURE! But it's not terrible. The change to the Pentastar V6 was the best move ever made for Wrangler yet. Do they leak? Not usually, but can, just need to take care when changing tops and take care of the seals. One big plus (if you plan to use the Wrangler as intended) is you can pull the carpets out, remove the drain plugs in the floor and hose out the interior. What other vehicle can do THAT? The Unlimited 4 door models have plenty of cargo space and the aftermarket has unimaginable options for more efficient utilization of available space. I like that almost every aspect of the vehicle can be customized to taste. Even the four door has a good turning radius and is quite manuverable in p-lots. Some say it's hard to see out of, but that's a matter of opinion, I've never had an issue. There are just so many things I love about Wrangler. It's a fairly practical, every day vehicle, but you also get a sweet "toy" to hit the trails, with the top down and the doors off. It's like getting multiple vehicles for the price of one. Go anywhere capability can't be beat. You'll never have to worry about getting snowed in again...unless perhaps you live in the arctic. Around the mountain, or OVER the mountain...OVER! In the end, if you think you can accept the Wrangler's minor shortcomings, you will love it, and likely never go back to living without one."

Very reliable

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"Very reliable and easy to work on yourself. Don't purchase this vehicle if you are looking for comfort."

I love it!

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Never had a jeep before and was trying to decide between a 4x4 and a convertible sports car. My son recommended this and I have been enjoying it ever since. Fun to drive and lots of extras available to add. You get one and suddenly every one else with a wrangler waves to you. Apparently a jeep thing."

I really love my new jeep.

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Very fast, lots of energy. I love the tough look."

Cons: "Storage is tight."

"My new Jeep runs perfect. I added the remote start. The freedom roof looks like it will be a lot of fun in the spring. The heat in this has to be the best there is. You can start it and crank the heat. I think the power in this is incredible. I swore it was an 8 cylinder. I am very happy with my new Jeep and i reccommend it to anyone that is considering buying one."

great new wrangler, needs more power

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"I bought my wrangler sahara new with less than 40 miles on the odometer, and as of today i have put approx 9000 miles on in a year of driving. First off, if you owned a wrangler before, you will be surprised on the changes on the new style. It keeps its rugged good looks and abilities, but provides more creature comforts, and more room overall inside. Now if you have never owned a wrangler before, be warned wranglers arent normal suv car based vehicles, and they dont try to be...this is not a luxury suv,this is an in your face high quality off road vehicle, that is more at home on the trails than on the interstate. Dont get me wrong, i drive my jeep on the highways quite a bit, but you need to put up with wind noise, bumpy ride, and mediocre gas milage, (it is as about aerodynamic as a brick). But when the weather turns bad, or the road turns to dirt and mud, and the other so called off road luxury suvs are stuck, you will know that you can go where the others cant. So far there have been no probs with my wrangler, i did have to go in for a recall about 1 week after purchase(which was very discouraging), but the service has been great. I have the 3 piece removable hardtop, and its simple to to topless in the summer. The only thing i would change is the v6 needs more power, and the inside plastic damages easily, but these are small prices to pay to join the fraternity of jeep owners, it truly isnt just a vehicle, its a lifestyle!"

go figure

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"The Jeep is noisy, leaks a little water inside, rides hard, gets terrible gas mileage, it's all over the road at high speed, has uncomfortable seats and I could go on. That said, I will from this point on always own a Jeep and somehow it's still the best vehicle i have ever owned and i've owned many, at all prices. This review might not make any sense to you. But buy a Wrangler, take off the top and you WILL understand. Guess it's a Jeep thing."