2008 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 784 Ratings for the 2007 - 2017 models.

Nice ride for a big vehicle

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Jeep wave"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Very smooth ride, comfortable seats with stadium-like seating for rear passengers. Feel quite safe, needless to say the 4x4 system is second to none. Only draw back for me is the not so great gas mileage. Overall I can deal with the $10-20. more/week for gas, rather than having an SUV that doesn't look as cool to me."

I'll keep this one forever

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

"Over 200,000 miles and I just now had to do work on the motor. Main seals and radiator leak. Roughly $1500. Only real mechanical problem since I bought it new. It's been fun changing out things now like the fenders, roof and bumpers. Looks like a new Jeep. I've had more comments on it the last month than I have since I got it. Awesome sound system, I find it very comfortable and of course FUN in the sun. I can't imagine ever replacing it."

love wranglers

By on Monday, July 14, 2008

"have owned 5 wranglers, this by far is the best one yet, love the 4dr, removeable front tops on the hard top is awsome"

Fun Toy

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Purchased to play in the woods. could use more power. swapped out the tires, for more aggressive ones. plus a few personal touches. After all it is a jeep. over all I love it."

Love everything about it.

By on Thursday, November 24, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive and easy to park."

Cons: "Back seat entry/exit is difficult unless young."

"Have owned jeeps from my first cj2a to my present 2016 2door Freedom Edition. Love everything about it. Initially was turned off by over the top hood star, but now realize it's part of what makes it unique. Wife loves it as much as I do. Traded in my old 2005 TJ with 170,000 trouble free miles. New one has 15,000 in less than a years use. See no reason that this will serve me any less."

Best 4x4 ever

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"As a member of the US Army I have been expose to many off road vehicles and demand the most reliable for the money. That is why I trust the life of my family to JEEP WRANGLER. The vehicle is confortable and have power. The vehicle is not fast but who needs a fast 4x4. You need a vehicle that dont get stuck in snow or mud."

Great toy

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pros: "Great for bad weather, off roading, can still tow"

Cons: "Very poor gas mileage"

"It isn't the most comfortable ride for its price, but it is one of the most fun! I chose this over a 5L Mustang and never been happier. On road driving is not great with oversized tires and its box shape, but if you are driving in bad weather, just slap it into 4WD and it is a tank. Super safe. I drove through 2 feet of water (Stock jeep) during a storm and no issues what so ever. All those nay sayers got flooded out on the side of the road and I pulled them out. They are buying Wranglers now..."

Best overall Value

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "Value"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"The best Jeep I ever owned 2016 Back Country Edition, everything about this jeep is awesome, not one squeak or rattle, Jeep Wrangler Sahara any edition is the best value on the market if your searching for a 4X4, but try and get one either you order or pay more in any case it is worth every penny"

limited, but fun!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "REALLY FUN CAR---TONS OF PERSONALITY!"

Cons: "fuel usage, choppy ride, no cargo room"

"Wanted this car for years, and glad i got one! You know going in that the ride is a tad choppy (and it is!), that the fuel economy is a bit of a joke (and it is!), and that the interior space is limited for passengers and cargo."

Truly capable on and off roads.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Phenominal Off-Road, Timeless Beauty"

Cons: "interior plastic, modest passing performance"

Top of Mt. Princeton! Bring on the next 14er!

"I have taken my Jeep to Colorado twice and enjoyed both times so much I'm going back this year! The places you can go in the mountains are amazing to experience. I've never been stuck or had to be winched, it just drives right along. It looks amazing, timeless and rugged. There's no confusing it for a sports car, but it handles fine and I've never felt I was going to flip over. Performance is adequate. There's good pull off the line and to speed, but she's like a brick aerodynamically. Acceleration for passing is modest so plan ahead. Fuel mileage isn't what I'd hoped for, but I've averaged 17 mpg over the time I've owned it. That's right between the 15 City/19 Highway on the sticker, so I got what I paid for. There are some other issues. I was affected by the recall on the door locks. It was just annoying, not life threatening, and fixed under warranty. Sadly the dealer did not reinstall the door panel correctly and now it rattles. Hopefully they fix it at the next service. I also had to have the suspension bolts re-torqued under warranty. The only other complaint is that the interior plastic is too easily scratched. The door pulls, the floor console, and the trim on either side of the center console are all showing scratches, and I'm pretty gentle for a Jeep off-roader. Main point, Overall I Love It and am glad I bought it! No Regrets!!!"

Top of Mt. Princeton! Bring on the next 14er!