2006 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1250 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

I am a happy jeep driver times three!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "The all weather conforming vehicle."

Cons: "Not a luxury vehicle, EVERYTHING is manual in mine"

"My first jeep was a CJ7 and this is is my second unlimited. I feel this is the best "Grocery getter" as far as jeeps go. The wider wheel base makes me feel safer, and the extra room behind the back seat makes for perfect camping gear space. Living in the cold Wisconsin weather, the hard top is a must, along with a lift and 33" tires. One week ago I rolled my jeep. I hit snow/black ice and that was the end of my control. Headed for a field and rolled two and a half times. The jeep has some cosmetic damage; broken fenders, windshield broken and the w/s frame is bent from the roll over, hard top is toast-rear window and side window shattered, drivers door needs replacing, rear tire flat, roof rack bent, and the engine was still running when I landed. I am certain if I was in any other vehicle I would be writing this from a coffin. I am happy to say I climbed out of the passenger door (b/c I was on my side) with a mild concussion and a few bruises. I am thankful I was in a jeep. As soon as I get the jeep back on the road I am investing in the "If you can read this, roll me over" sticker... I think I earned it."

best vehicle i ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"I will tell anyone to buy this vehicle .It is a very reliable car.I was in a accident where the person ran a red light and it took a 50mph impact .I walked away from it very sore but i was ok.the durability was excellent."

Best trade ever

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"Well first let me tell you (in short) how i got my 1997 Wrangler for FREE. I bought a $300 winter beater and got rearended and their ins. co paid me $1400. Took that and bought a Little 4x4 pick up for $500 and the wrecked car. Later traded the lil pick up for a full size Chevy silverado with a ton of miles and rust. Recently traded it for the 97 wrangler, even swap. Needs a top and a couple tires, hood flew open on the guy so it has that dent and the windshield was replaced. Has 230k and still runs awesome. So by my math i'm still up $600 from the insurance payout, got me this wicked jeep, and it's the funnest vehicle i've ever owned and i've owned 37 in all so that says something. This thing is awesome no mater what the deal was, i'd pay the $3500 it's worth all day long if i knew it was this cool. And YES, Teal IS a tough color i don't car what they say, i'd drive a pink jeep with purple polka dots, IT'S A WRANGLER...."

Terrific Value

By on Monday, August 8, 2016

"Low mileage and will last for many years! I have the hard top, rag top and bikini top for this vehicle. It has extra wide fenders to make room for the oversize wide tires. Clean inside and out! A very reliable vehicle and fun to drive. Never been in an accident and runs great. Bought it to get up my very steep driveway in the winter months and it hasn't failed me. I would never, ever get rid of my Wrangler but a future wedding has put me in a pinch."

My favorit Jeep yet.

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "excellent resale, convertible, go-anywhere"

Cons: "not a commuter vehicle, needs a marine radio"

"I have owned about 15 Jeeps from year model 1947 to 2005. My current 05 Rubicon is by far the best and most capable. I purchased it used with about 5000 dollars worth of modifications. I love the venerable old inline 6 motor, I wish they hadn't stopped making them. The Jeep gets a lot of attention and the Rubicon package along with aftermarket components makes for a truly 'go anwhere' vehicle that one can feel confident while driving. The modern soft tops are great compared to the old days. Having a 6 speed manual coupled with 4.10 gears for the 36" tires is a perfect combination on the road and when in low range (4-1 transfer case helps there). Mileage is not bad for a massive lift and tires, about 17 mpg (I do not drive more than 65 mph, though, Jeeps are not aerodynamic). Big Jeeps and Rubicons are not for everyone. They require driver attention and knowledge of their unique handling. They are not Cadillacs. They are a vehicle you can still work on yourself and the less frills, the less trouble you will have in the long run. I may have to get a four door one day, though, just for comparison."

fun vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought my 99 wrangler about 4 years ago with about 35k miles on it. I now have a little over 76k. I've given it a 2" spacer lift and upgraded my tires and wheel package to oversized mud tires. Its been off road numerous times. I've played in the mud as well as done some rock crawling with it. Needless to say I driven it pretty hard and the only mechanical problems I've had other then routine maintenance were a bad alternator and the exhaust header sprung a leak. If your looking for an everyday vehicle to drive to work and run errands, buy a mini van. If you want something that performs well off road, is fun(not comfortable) to drive and versatile, then get a wrangler."

Vehicle is bullet proof!

By on Saturday, April 1, 2017

Pros: "Classic Jeep styling, bullet proof drive train."

Cons: "Cross country trips a little rough on the kidneys"

"I bought my 2003 Sahara in 2005 with 15k miles. Today it has 98k. Bought it for my teenage daughters to get through high school. Vehicle went back and forth to California twice. Only been off road a few times, but the vehicle has impeccable handling in the Chicago winters. Has not seen a garage since I bought it and the paint still looks great. Brakes, tires, and oil changes, thats about it, and it still runs great, doesnt burn oil. My teenage son, ten years behind his sisters, is now driving it and loving it. Definitely the best vehicle Ive ever owned."

Love vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "The jeep itself"

"Vehicle is very practical, and dependable. Its great fun for the summer and winter."

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

Most reliable car I have owned

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "grat price, manuvering is great"

Cons: "tight in the inside, could use more room"

"Did not realize how reliable this vehicle was going to be when I purchased it in 2000. I get 17 to 18 miles to a gal. of gas. I put oversized tires, and new alloy wheels. I make sure I keep up with the maintainance, and it has never left me on foot. The best thing about this vehicle is the timing chain, if I had a timing belt this car would be dead today. I have 235, 000 miles and the car purrs loke a kitten. 5 speakers surround the car. Awesome music sound. The best car I have owned, I would recommend it to any one."

Unbelievable Value

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Bought used from a dealer 2 years ago. High book was 12 grand. I offerred $8200 out the door over the phone.(nevada has a 7&3/8% sales tax). Dealer said come on down with a check for the $8200- best deal I've ever made on a vehicle. It high books for $8815 right now. It had 120000 miles on it when I bought it (2 years ago) and has 140000 now. The only thing I've put into it besides gas is 4 lube & oil changes, a new set of skins, and an $85 battery. No leaks,no drips,no problems. Uses no oil between changes ( every 4 or 5000 miles. )"

Nothing better!!

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I bought my '97 Wrangler Sahara used in 2002 with 49K miles on it. It's Nov. 2009 now and it has 216K miles. I've driven it to Florida and back from Las Vegas. The only things repaired: new radiator, alternator, clutch, and plug wires. The AC stills blows as cold as the day I got it. By far the best vehicle I've ever owned. Looking forward to 300K."

It IS a Jeep Thing

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I’ve owned Jeep vehicles for over 15 years and now the vehicle I drive every day is a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I bought this vehicle new in May ’05 and except for scheduled maintenance, it hasn’t been in the shop once. The feeling of knowing that you can go anywhere – anytime I think is what the “Jeep” is all about. My Jeep came with both the hard top and soft top. I took the hard top off shortly after getting the vehicle and it hasn’t been back on since. The soft top does not generate nearly as much noise as the older Wranglers and CJs (if it did the hard top would go back on). The ride of the Wrangler is a bit stiff, but then again it is a TRUE off-road vehicle. If you want more of a softer ride, you may want to consider a Liberty, Grand Cherokee, or Commander. I’ve owned two “Grands” and my wife currently drives an ’06 Commander. For me, I want to know that if I get off on some gnarly trail, that I’m going to get back out. It’s a Jeep thing..."

Great base for a lot of upgrades.

By on Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pros: "Looks great with top off and roll bars exsposed."

Cons: "I always carry a rain cover."

"Added tube bumpers,hitch,side rails.Going to add 2" lift and 32" tires on aluminum wheels.Maybe later winch and more lift.Paint and interior in great shape.Love the soft top in the summer.Zips up decent for Ga. winters.Not going rock crawling just good exstreme off-roading.Going functional not fashionable."

I love my 04 jeep wrangler rubicon

By on Monday, June 9, 2014

Pros: "Goes where other 4x4s fear to go"

Cons: "GAS MILAGE 16-17 city 20-22 highway"

"I purchased this vehicle used... It is by far the best vehicle i've ever owned. I do not do much offroading BUT if i wanted/needed to it would take me where I want to go. I've been asked than in the south why do you need 4 wheel drive.MY answer is always the same I'd rather have 4 wheel drive and not need it than to NEED IT and not have it. Yes it rides a little rougher than a car and it takes more gas to go somewhere BUT its built to take on almost anything and bring you out the other side. IT IS A GO ANYWHERE DO ANYTHING MACHINE."

Noisy, choppy, rough, love it!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Almost the most fun you can have on four wheels."

Cons: "Noisy, choppy ride, no convenience features at all"

"If you want a quiet, smooth, slick handling, cushy vehicle, or great mileage, forget this one. But if you want something that is loads of fun, bounces you around, is rough and tumble but when you stop you have a stupid grin on your face, this is it!"

Good, Solid Car :)

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Few breaks, Very Reliable, CHEAP PARTS"

Cons: "Alot of Plastic, MPG, Cheap Materials :/"

"As you can tell, I've driven my Jeep for quite some time and I Love It. My family is full of Auto Mechanics (Including myself) and there are things to do to fix some of those nasty gas mileage issues. I Love the prices for Jeep parts, Very Cheap. Try and buy a Jeep with a hardtop, Whether you want one now does not matter, helps for resale and Just In Case!"

Definitely the best truck ever

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun Jeep to drive"

Cons: "ride is alittle rough"

"If you dont mind the rough ride this jeep is a dream! I have owned 5 Wranglers and I wouldn't own anything else!!! I'm a Jeep girl had Grand Cherokees as well and by far the Wrangler is the best for reliability and fun enough said!"

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, lift and be apart of the community"

Cons: "Leaks"

"I absolutely love my Jeep Wrangler. This is my second one owned, only because I was stupid in selling my first one. They are a blast to drive and modifications are endless. They are extremely reliable cars and have never put me on the side of the road. Pro's-No matter hard or soft top, they can always turn into a convertible. It looks awesome lifted. You get to wave to the jeep owners. If anything ever goes wrong, its super cheap to fix. They hold their value. Con's- They do leak: in many spots. But nothing weather stripping cant fix."

I love my Jeep

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "go anywhere, fun for summer and winter"

Cons: "road noise, gas mileage, interior room"

"I have had this jeep since 2005, bought it with 70K miles on it, and now closing in on 169k. Last winter was hit HARD with snow and I ran through everything that came down. There is not much room for much of anything in it, but this is the perfect, fun vehicle for summer or winter-take the top down and doors on in summer, throw it in 4 wheel high in the winter. But lately I notice that if I dont drive it for like 5-6 days, I find anti-freeze in the garage, seems like the seals may shrink. But I replaced the radiator at about 110K, along with the water pump. Then did the power steering pump about a year later. All were pretty easy to do all by myself. Poor gas mileage, so if you are looking at the 4 cylinder vs the 6, get the 6 cause the mileage is about the same, and you dont have to downshift up hills! But I have gotten more than my money worth it!"

Outstanding vehicle!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cons: "Cramped back seats, lots of road and wind noise"

"I've been able to take my Jeep where other vehicles simply can't go. I've never has a serious mechanical problem with it and I can rely on it to start and run wherever I am (-30F to 120F). In 4-low, it's unstoppable. While it might have four seats, I don't like to stuff people into the back for more than a few miles as it's a little tight. But, hey, it's a Jeep. You're not buying one for the legroom!"

Reliable

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Jeep Wrangler is very reliable in that it requires very little maintenance. It will withstand heavy use and going off-road doesn't generally lead to mechanical failure. The primary enemy of a Jeep Wrangler is the wind. A 4-cylinder jeep will react to ANY headwind. It is virtually impossible to drive the speed limit if you are driving into a headwind of any substantial speed over 15-20 MPH. I have had the wind push me into the next lane over more than once. Luckily, nobody was using the other lane at the time. Wind noise inside the cab of a soft top Jeep is very loud. It is not likely that you will hear the stereo when playing at full volume and cell phone use inside a moving soft top Wrangler is impossible. There is less noise with the top down than with the soft top up. Jeeps are fun to drive and offer very reliable service for many years without significant mechanical problems. They perform very well off road. My Jeep Wrangler is the most fun of any vehicle I have ever owned. If you buy a soft top - buy earplugs with it."

solid go anywhere vechicle, highway, off road

By on Friday, July 3, 2009

"Stable at speed on highway or gravel. The abs is fool proof. The locker are awesome when only two or three wheels are touching the dirt. The gas milage is disapointing. You would think with a great granny gear and a six speed Dailmer would have put in a high road gear for sixth. rick"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I've owned my Jeep for a little over a year and absolutly love it. The gas mileage isnt too great, but being able to drive this vehicle trumps the poor MPGs. I drive mine to and from work every day (110 miles round trip) on the interstate and it handles very well. I also bought a roof rack for mine with kayak attatchments so I can haul our kayaks. This Jeep will go anywhere, i drove it down into the dryed up sandy south georgia river once to get my kayak and it handled the slipprey sand like a champ. (I do not have special tires. just BFG Wrangler T/As.) I would HIGHLY suggest this vehicle to anyone. Remember, if you see another Wrangler you better "Jeep wave"!!"

Buy it for what it is.

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"I have owned my 2005 Rubicon for 3.5 yrs now and would recommend one to almost anyone. You will read a lot of reviews on here that complain about comfort. It's a Jeep not a range rover, you wouldn't take a range rover the places you would a jeep because it was too expensive in the first place. You will also here complaints about MPG true Wranglers don't get good gas mileage, that's what happens when your vehicle has all the aerodynamics of a tool shed. As far as safety goes I have seen alot of wrangler accidents and the vehicle may be toast (if it's a good hit) but what's inside survives, does your honda have a 3" roll cage? I have never had anything go wrong with my jeep and good luck killing the I-6 I have seen personally one of them go for 42000 miles without an oil change before it finally gave out, properly maintained you can easily get 200,000 miles+ out of that engine. The bottom line is that I use mine for play and ride my harley everday, and bang for buck (not miles per dollar) these are the most fun to drive reliable vehicles out there for what your money."