2000 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

I am a happy jeep driver times three!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "The all weather conforming vehicle."

Cons: "Not a luxury vehicle, EVERYTHING is manual in mine"

"My first jeep was a CJ7 and this is is my second unlimited. I feel this is the best "Grocery getter" as far as jeeps go. The wider wheel base makes me feel safer, and the extra room behind the back seat makes for perfect camping gear space. Living in the cold Wisconsin weather, the hard top is a must, along with a lift and 33" tires. One week ago I rolled my jeep. I hit snow/black ice and that was the end of my control. Headed for a field and rolled two and a half times. The jeep has some cosmetic damage; broken fenders, windshield broken and the w/s frame is bent from the roll over, hard top is toast-rear window and side window shattered, drivers door needs replacing, rear tire flat, roof rack bent, and the engine was still running when I landed. I am certain if I was in any other vehicle I would be writing this from a coffin. I am happy to say I climbed out of the passenger door (b/c I was on my side) with a mild concussion and a few bruises. I am thankful I was in a jeep. As soon as I get the jeep back on the road I am investing in the "If you can read this, roll me over" sticker... I think I earned it."

best vehicle i ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"I will tell anyone to buy this vehicle .It is a very reliable car.I was in a accident where the person ran a red light and it took a 50mph impact .I walked away from it very sore but i was ok.the durability was excellent."

My favorit Jeep yet.

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "excellent resale, convertible, go-anywhere"

Cons: "not a commuter vehicle, needs a marine radio"

"I have owned about 15 Jeeps from year model 1947 to 2005. My current 05 Rubicon is by far the best and most capable. I purchased it used with about 5000 dollars worth of modifications. I love the venerable old inline 6 motor, I wish they hadn't stopped making them. The Jeep gets a lot of attention and the Rubicon package along with aftermarket components makes for a truly 'go anwhere' vehicle that one can feel confident while driving. The modern soft tops are great compared to the old days. Having a 6 speed manual coupled with 4.10 gears for the 36" tires is a perfect combination on the road and when in low range (4-1 transfer case helps there). Mileage is not bad for a massive lift and tires, about 17 mpg (I do not drive more than 65 mph, though, Jeeps are not aerodynamic). Big Jeeps and Rubicons are not for everyone. They require driver attention and knowledge of their unique handling. They are not Cadillacs. They are a vehicle you can still work on yourself and the less frills, the less trouble you will have in the long run. I may have to get a four door one day, though, just for comparison."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted