1999 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1250 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

I am a happy jeep driver times three!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "The all weather conforming vehicle."

Cons: "Not a luxury vehicle, EVERYTHING is manual in mine"

"My first jeep was a CJ7 and this is is my second unlimited. I feel this is the best "Grocery getter" as far as jeeps go. The wider wheel base makes me feel safer, and the extra room behind the back seat makes for perfect camping gear space. Living in the cold Wisconsin weather, the hard top is a must, along with a lift and 33" tires. One week ago I rolled my jeep. I hit snow/black ice and that was the end of my control. Headed for a field and rolled two and a half times. The jeep has some cosmetic damage; broken fenders, windshield broken and the w/s frame is bent from the roll over, hard top is toast-rear window and side window shattered, drivers door needs replacing, rear tire flat, roof rack bent, and the engine was still running when I landed. I am certain if I was in any other vehicle I would be writing this from a coffin. I am happy to say I climbed out of the passenger door (b/c I was on my side) with a mild concussion and a few bruises. I am thankful I was in a jeep. As soon as I get the jeep back on the road I am investing in the "If you can read this, roll me over" sticker... I think I earned it."

best vehicle i ever owned

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

"I will tell anyone to buy this vehicle .It is a very reliable car.I was in a accident where the person ran a red light and it took a 50mph impact .I walked away from it very sore but i was ok.the durability was excellent."

My favorit Jeep yet.

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "excellent resale, convertible, go-anywhere"

Cons: "not a commuter vehicle, needs a marine radio"

"I have owned about 15 Jeeps from year model 1947 to 2005. My current 05 Rubicon is by far the best and most capable. I purchased it used with about 5000 dollars worth of modifications. I love the venerable old inline 6 motor, I wish they hadn't stopped making them. The Jeep gets a lot of attention and the Rubicon package along with aftermarket components makes for a truly 'go anwhere' vehicle that one can feel confident while driving. The modern soft tops are great compared to the old days. Having a 6 speed manual coupled with 4.10 gears for the 36" tires is a perfect combination on the road and when in low range (4-1 transfer case helps there). Mileage is not bad for a massive lift and tires, about 17 mpg (I do not drive more than 65 mph, though, Jeeps are not aerodynamic). Big Jeeps and Rubicons are not for everyone. They require driver attention and knowledge of their unique handling. They are not Cadillacs. They are a vehicle you can still work on yourself and the less frills, the less trouble you will have in the long run. I may have to get a four door one day, though, just for comparison."

Best trade ever

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"Well first let me tell you (in short) how i got my 1997 Wrangler for FREE. I bought a $300 winter beater and got rearended and their ins. co paid me $1400. Took that and bought a Little 4x4 pick up for $500 and the wrecked car. Later traded the lil pick up for a full size Chevy silverado with a ton of miles and rust. Recently traded it for the 97 wrangler, even swap. Needs a top and a couple tires, hood flew open on the guy so it has that dent and the windshield was replaced. Has 230k and still runs awesome. So by my math i'm still up $600 from the insurance payout, got me this wicked jeep, and it's the funnest vehicle i've ever owned and i've owned 37 in all so that says something. This thing is awesome no mater what the deal was, i'd pay the $3500 it's worth all day long if i knew it was this cool. And YES, Teal IS a tough color i don't car what they say, i'd drive a pink jeep with purple polka dots, IT'S A WRANGLER...."

fun vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I bought my 99 wrangler about 4 years ago with about 35k miles on it. I now have a little over 76k. I've given it a 2" spacer lift and upgraded my tires and wheel package to oversized mud tires. Its been off road numerous times. I've played in the mud as well as done some rock crawling with it. Needless to say I driven it pretty hard and the only mechanical problems I've had other then routine maintenance were a bad alternator and the exhaust header sprung a leak. If your looking for an everyday vehicle to drive to work and run errands, buy a mini van. If you want something that performs well off road, is fun(not comfortable) to drive and versatile, then get a wrangler."

Terrific Value

By on Monday, August 8, 2016

"Low mileage and will last for many years! I have the hard top, rag top and bikini top for this vehicle. It has extra wide fenders to make room for the oversize wide tires. Clean inside and out! A very reliable vehicle and fun to drive. Never been in an accident and runs great. Bought it to get up my very steep driveway in the winter months and it hasn't failed me. I would never, ever get rid of my Wrangler but a future wedding has put me in a pinch."

Love vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "The jeep itself"

"Vehicle is very practical, and dependable. Its great fun for the summer and winter."

Took a beating

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "comfy-go-anywhere. It's a Jeep!!"

Cons: "roughish ride, lots of road noise"

"I drove my 2001 jeep from Montana to Wis. enough times to put 116000 miles on it and I haven't had to fix anything! And that's down to the floor with my poor 4 cylinder almost the whole way. Talk about tough!!!!!"

Most reliable car I have owned

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

Pros: "grat price, manuvering is great"

Cons: "tight in the inside, could use more room"

"Did not realize how reliable this vehicle was going to be when I purchased it in 2000. I get 17 to 18 miles to a gal. of gas. I put oversized tires, and new alloy wheels. I make sure I keep up with the maintainance, and it has never left me on foot. The best thing about this vehicle is the timing chain, if I had a timing belt this car would be dead today. I have 235, 000 miles and the car purrs loke a kitten. 5 speakers surround the car. Awesome music sound. The best car I have owned, I would recommend it to any one."

Unbelievable Value

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Bought used from a dealer 2 years ago. High book was 12 grand. I offerred $8200 out the door over the phone.(nevada has a 7&3/8% sales tax). Dealer said come on down with a check for the $8200- best deal I've ever made on a vehicle. It high books for $8815 right now. It had 120000 miles on it when I bought it (2 years ago) and has 140000 now. The only thing I've put into it besides gas is 4 lube & oil changes, a new set of skins, and an $85 battery. No leaks,no drips,no problems. Uses no oil between changes ( every 4 or 5000 miles. )"