ZIP code

1998 Jeep Wrangler

Based on 1250 Ratings for the 1997 - 2006 models.

Unbelievable Value

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Bought used from a dealer 2 years ago. High book was 12 grand. I offerred $8200 out the door over the phone.(nevada has a 7&3/8% sales tax). Dealer said come on down with a check for the $8200- best deal I've ever made on a vehicle. It high books for $8815 right now. It had 120000 miles on it when I bought it (2 years ago) and has 140000 now. The only thing I've put into it besides gas is 4 lube & oil changes, a new set of skins, and an $85 battery. No leaks,no drips,no problems. Uses no oil between changes ( every 4 or 5000 miles. )"

Nothing better!!

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"I bought my '97 Wrangler Sahara used in 2002 with 49K miles on it. It's Nov. 2009 now and it has 216K miles. I've driven it to Florida and back from Las Vegas. The only things repaired: new radiator, alternator, clutch, and plug wires. The AC stills blows as cold as the day I got it. By far the best vehicle I've ever owned. Looking forward to 300K."

It IS a Jeep Thing

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"I’ve owned Jeep vehicles for over 15 years and now the vehicle I drive every day is a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I bought this vehicle new in May ’05 and except for scheduled maintenance, it hasn’t been in the shop once. The feeling of knowing that you can go anywhere – anytime I think is what the “Jeep” is all about. My Jeep came with both the hard top and soft top. I took the hard top off shortly after getting the vehicle and it hasn’t been back on since. The soft top does not generate nearly as much noise as the older Wranglers and CJs (if it did the hard top would go back on). The ride of the Wrangler is a bit stiff, but then again it is a TRUE off-road vehicle. If you want more of a softer ride, you may want to consider a Liberty, Grand Cherokee, or Commander. I’ve owned two “Grands” and my wife currently drives an ’06 Commander. For me, I want to know that if I get off on some gnarly trail, that I’m going to get back out. It’s a Jeep thing..."

Great base for a lot of upgrades.

By on Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pros: "Looks great with top off and roll bars exsposed."

Cons: "I always carry a rain cover."

"Added tube bumpers,hitch,side rails.Going to add 2" lift and 32" tires on aluminum wheels.Maybe later winch and more lift.Paint and interior in great shape.Love the soft top in the summer.Zips up decent for Ga. winters.Not going rock crawling just good exstreme off-roading.Going functional not fashionable."

I love my 04 jeep wrangler rubicon

By on Monday, June 9, 2014

Pros: "Goes where other 4x4s fear to go"

Cons: "GAS MILAGE 16-17 city 20-22 highway"

"I purchased this vehicle used... It is by far the best vehicle i've ever owned. I do not do much offroading BUT if i wanted/needed to it would take me where I want to go. I've been asked than in the south why do you need 4 wheel drive.MY answer is always the same I'd rather have 4 wheel drive and not need it than to NEED IT and not have it. Yes it rides a little rougher than a car and it takes more gas to go somewhere BUT its built to take on almost anything and bring you out the other side. IT IS A GO ANYWHERE DO ANYTHING MACHINE."